Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!  (Read 34526 times)

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.7 RELEASED!
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:07 am »
I've been devoted to climbing for years. Sadly, with this version my story ends. Cu.
We have already lost the best climber ever :(
Classic banana

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 07:35:10 am »
I've been devoted to climbing for years. Sadly, with this version my story ends. Cu.
We have already lost the best climber ever :(

What did change for climbing ? From what I know there were problems in 1.6.6 but they were fixed in the betas, or ?
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 08:04:12 am »
Too much focusing on fixing bugs that sometimes are part of the game, too much playing with WM and too much talking from "veterans"(discourage to do anything)
Before anyone would fix "core" of soldat you gonna lost more and more players, for me you should forget about playing with "fixing" things and in the next versions focus on making soldat more future proof(GUI, Maps, menu etc). Soldat is not gonna die in next years, but I can ensure you that without that you gonna have game for 50-90 private players... no one gonna play it on public, now when bots aren't  count in lobby everyone see how many players is there, no 140, no 200 but 70-100(last year, april, 15:00 more than 170 without bots)
Of course people can say that players leave and arrive, but dont make me laugh, for past year I saw more than 50 friends that stopped playing and you cant everytime believe that soldat gonna survives another 10 years just because there is few old players that talk about it here xD

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 10:12:55 am »
Too much focusing on fixing bugs that sometimes are part of the game, too much playing with WM and too much talking from "veterans"(discourage to do anything)
Before anyone would fix "core" of soldat you gonna lost more and more players, for me you should forget about playing with "fixing" things and in the next versions focus on making soldat more future proof(GUI, Maps, menu etc). Soldat is not gonna die in next years, but I can ensure you that without that you gonna have game for 50-90 private players... no one gonna play it on public, now when bots aren't  count in lobby everyone see how many players is there, no 140, no 200 but 70-100(last year, april, 15:00 more than 170 without bots)
Of course people can say that players leave and arrive, but dont make me laugh, for past year I saw more than 50 friends that stopped playing and you cant everytime believe that soldat gonna survives another 10 years just because there is few old players that talk about it here xD
I believe it's gonna come eventually. At least that's what the devs have hinted to me. New GUI, anti-cheat, new render engine, ...
I find the time long as well. We'll need to be patient.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:31 am »
"- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008"

Great,, now I have this: http://realistic-soldat.org/

Yep same with server status on zabijaka.pl, full atm.

I'd opt for bringing ASE back, it wasnt doing anyone any harm.

Im chill like that

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2014, 11:24:49 am »
Nawl, you mean the bug where invisible corpses linger around after respawn? That's not an easy-to-fix bug, unless you know something we don't. =P
i mean the bug where you cannot throw knives through place where somebody died (not body, cuz body will fell to ground)
so this place is shield before dead guy respawn or leave game... alot players = alot shields
im sure its easy to fix... you made this bug when you tried fix ivissible knives after collision with body probably 2 versions ago. invissible knife isnt obstacle to play dodgeball but invissible shields are so annoying.
So you should delete this shield or make that shield fell to ground with body (better delete)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:33:13 am by Nawl »

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline Xestor

• Major(1)
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
I cannot change the gamma value in soldat options, everything so dark :<

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 03:37:49 am »
Have you tried settings on your monitor?
If you are on laptop maybe there are some power saving settings?

You are right anyway, gamma doesn't work. I'll make a mantis ticket on it after my squash exercise
[edit] The gamma stopped working 1.6.3 --> 1.6.4b1 #563
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:33:03 am by homerofgods »

Offline Nawl

• Major(1)
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2014, 05:00:44 am »
Seems Result:=true; dont work well on this game version and command is ignored only when typed via ARSSE
for example
Code: [Select]
if(Text='/pause')then Result:=true; impossible to pause via ARSSE but still possible to pause with '/pause' ingame.
bug? intentional?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:45:12 am by Nawl »

You're Pro or you're Noob. That's life.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »
When Soldat becomes ready for some promoting, perhaps you should try contacting this guy. I think he mentions on one video that he used to play Soldat a lot when he was younger so I don't think it's an impossible idea at all. With almost half a million PC gaming oriented subscribers it would guarantee a couple of new players.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2014, 04:04:41 am »
Have you tried settings on your monitor?
If you are on laptop maybe there are some power saving settings?

You are right anyway, gamma doesn't work. I'll make a mantis ticket on it after my squash exercise
[edit] The gamma stopped working 1.6.3 --> 1.6.4b1 #563
Hmm i had this issue in my virtualbox vm but it to be bugged so long, wow.

I believe it's gonna come eventually. At least that's what the devs have hinted to me. New GUI, anti-cheat, new render engine, ...
I find the time long as well. We'll need to be patient.
All the releases were 1.6.x releases so thats why bug fixes are more common.

"- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008"

Great,, now I have this: http://realistic-soldat.org/

Yep same with server status on zabijaka.pl, full atm.

I'd opt for bringing ASE back, it wasnt doing anyone any harm.
It was removed because there was no code for it, the ASE servers are gone and not many people used it.
Afaik there is a workaround for zitrostats now so I guess we don't need it anymore.

Seems Result:=true; dont work well on this game version and command is ignored only when typed via ARSSE
for example
Code: [Select]
if(Text='/pause')then Result:=true; impossible to pause via ARSSE but still possible to pause with '/pause' ingame.
bug? intentional?
Sounds like a bug to me.
Please add it to the bugtracker if it isn't there already.
thanks.

When Soldat becomes ready for some promoting, perhaps you should try contacting this guy. I think he mentions on one video that he used to play Soldat a lot when he was younger so I don't think it's an impossible idea at all. With almost half a million PC gaming oriented subscribers it would guarantee a couple of new players.
Sure! Once 1.7 is out that might be worth a try.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 01:20:02 am »
It was removed because there was no code for it, the ASE servers are gone and not many people used it.
Afaik there is a workaround for zitrostats now so I guess we don't need it anymore.

I wasnt using zitro and is there any other way to determine server status for banners and auto restart to work?

Im chill like that

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 02:11:20 am »
Reading gamestat.txt + connecting to the admin port and parsing the result.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 03:59:10 am »
Reading gamestat.txt + connecting to the admin port and parsing the result.

This, either gamestat.txt or parse refresh/refreshx packet: http://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/Refresh

I wasnt using zitro and is there any other way to determine server status for banners and auto restart to work?

If you have to ask to find that answer you shouldn't be running soldat servers. :-\
There are other worlds than these

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:17 am »
Well my mate from zabijaka who takes care of hosting part always gives me shit for having to deal with soldat's bullshit. Afaik he rigged ase to check server status which was then connected to auto restarter, it all stopped working once you got rid of ase. So im looking for an alternative, its not really urgent as servers basically never crash these days, and are automatically restarted once a day.

Im chill like that

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2014, 06:04:38 pm »
Well if I could just find someone who had the time and motivation to work on the opengameprotocol implementation... (www.open-game-protocol.org - site down atm)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »
@111
Anti-crouch bug? Isn't that the bug you want to keep ingame? Or did you mean the prone-cancel? If so, pronecancel doesn't have negative influence on current maps and the only unrealistic aspect of it is the animation cut. There was a discussion about removing it, but the community wanted it to stay, because it provides way too cool movement possibilities (and aren't gamebreaking).

Unrealistic jets? Jets are part of the game, invisible carpets crearly aren't.

Revising 3k maps? I hope you are joking.
if I were to discover some great technique by pressing button A, B and rapid fire, would it get removed from the game too?
Ofc it depends on how it would work > see prone cancel.

I cant think of any movement bugs that exist atm except pronecancel that i mentioned (i don't think it should be called a bug since it has beed aproved by devs and community) and lag jump, that is totall bullshit and something could be done with it already..

It was a good movement and I dismissed the earlier poster for him saying it looked unrealistic and buggy (jets are unrealistic too, that's what I meant, not that they should be removed). It was a good movement and allowed really solid movements. Then disable it in jump servers if it is so much of a problem. People on all other servers are currently complaining about it being removed.

I agree, the bug shouldn't have been fixed, and I vote for it coming back. It wasn't unfair, as you mostly get killed right away, but actually made that game funnier and light hearted. Maybe if there was a way for servers to remove the option, but have it on by default.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Drajwer

• Major(1)
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2014, 07:20:24 am »
- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008

If you really need backwards compatibility you can use this little script: http://git.io/r_0p5Q. It is basically a wrapper that runs ./soldatserver and a dummy "ASE" server that responds to queries based on gamestat.txt and soldat.ini. Feel free to use, or report issues on GH. Enjoy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2014, 08:33:31 am »
- Modified removed ASE Protocol support as it is dead since 2008

If you really need backwards compatibility you can use this little script: http://git.io/r_0p5Q. It is basically a wrapper that runs ./soldatserver and a dummy "ASE" server that responds to queries based on gamestat.txt and soldat.ini. Feel free to use, or report issues on GH. Enjoy.

I like this.

I think you should make it an option to start the udp ase daemon without having it also start and be a wrapper around soldatserver. I.E. start the python daemon after soldatserver is already running.

Also, just commentary: who in their right mind decided that ASE should be udp instead of tcp?
There are other worlds than these

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2014, 10:50:45 am »
Considering ASE was developed by a company called UDP Soft they probably had a bias.