Author Topic: ctf_Blako [1.6.7]  (Read 3767 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Blako [1.6.7]
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:34:41 pm »
ctf_Blako
by darDar
comp. 3v3 map

To-Dos:
- fix some polybugs
- remove / improve bouncy middle
- visual overhaul

Download / Rate on TMS

See more maps by darDar

Hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:00:51 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: ctf_Blako [1.6.7]
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:19:18 pm »
Wow! That one is real nice, darDar!

Suggestions:
• The polys that hurt flaggers, it has a really buggy area which nades sort of go into the wall when you toss them there.
• I'd put bit medics and nades in the center of the low-route.
• A change of scenery could be good imo. New fence behind the flag (too bold now) & maybe colliders (like this big metal X thingy in the link).
• Additionally, you know how there's a glow on the pit in ctf_Rotten, could be cool to have a glow on the middle bouncy poly.
• You can basically sit in the middle of the bouncy poly. Don't know if that's intended.
• Flag system looks awesome, I only suggesting testing the options of making it available to throw flag back to your flagspot. 
   Reason is so your friend can cap it, even though there's an incoming low, I think the current way might be too hard to cap.

Should play it ASAP in a 3v3!

Good job!

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:31 am »
i like the concept
it feels empty but that's probably because it's still in the works
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:04:12 am by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 03:14:31 am »
I already had a personal chat with nosejj about his suggestions but I still would like to write down my 'replies'.

[/b]• The polys that hurt flaggers, it has a really buggy area which nades sort of go into the wall when you toss them there.
Yeah, I was quite sure that there will be some polybugs. This nade bug is something very annoying & it's not always so easy to get rid of it.
• A change of scenery could be good imo. New fence behind the flag (too bold now) & maybe colliders (like this big metal X thingy in the link).
I even have those in my scenery folder :P Good idea thanks.
• You can basically sit in the middle of the bouncy poly. Don't know if that's intended.
Yes, there is a medkit spawn point and I think ppl. should be able to grab it without getting bounced off (pretty retarded if you miss it - happened to me on Crucifix a few times)
The bouncy middle is not 100% working yet as it should anyway!
• Flag system looks awesome, I only suggesting testing the options of making it available to throw flag back to your flagspot. 
   Reason is so your friend can cap it, even though there's an incoming low, I think the current way might be too hard to cap.
That's possible!
You have to stand pretty close to the polygon but then you can throw it into your own base! That creates some extra pressure!

i like the concept
it feels empty but that's probably because it's still in the works

Thanks, that might be because I didn't use any sceneries yet  :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:17:31 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:48 am »
new map file uploaded:
I will edit this post with changes I make to the map;

changelog 06.05.14:
- removed one bad spawnpoint on the bravo- and two spawnpoints on the alpha site (near the medkit)

changelog: 10.05.14
- added sceneries
- changed the lights, made all the map brighter
- fixed a few polybugs
- made the 'hurts flaggers' area more obvious

to do:
- making the hurt flaggers polygons more obvious (maybe I will just add a font caption there)
- fixing the polybug near the flag spawnpoints
- some other polybugs
- making the polygon which is not bouncy on the middle bouncy larger (below of the medkit)
- adding a few sceneries

-making the hurt flaggers polygons more obvious (maybe I will just add a font caption there)

I just tried to make a font caption "Hurts Flaggers" for the hurts flaggers polygons but it didn't look very nice either as a scenery or with letters made with polygons.
What bothered me the most is the fact that I couldn't mirror the font since it can't be read then and that causes the map to not be symmetcric and having two different captions is somewhat bad and not statisfying.

Sadly, it's not possible to add a scenery or recolor the 'hurts flaggers polygon' with some color to make it obvious for players since they can't know that this are does only hurt flaggers. They would obviously think they get hurt as well.

Also, it doesn't require a lot of playing to find out about this. I'm a bit lost about what to do there though. I could just remove the hurts flaggers polygon but it's there for a good reason!

L.O.S.T

*new map file uploaded*

edit:
- added sceneries
- changed the lights, made all the map brighter
- fixed a few polybugs
- made the 'hurts flaggers' area more obvious

red = polybugs
green = fixed polybugs

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:58:33 pm by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl