Author Topic: Tutorial for Soldat by scripts  (Read 8213 times)

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
Tutorial for Soldat by scripts
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:40:54 am »
I'm working on basic tutorial how to play Soldat. Press 'd', Press 'a' etc. etc. There will be more and harder missions. I created very short version of this and you can check it here: mix.cosoldat.net:23073 It's offline yet.

There should be few versions of tutorial on another maps like: basic rules, tutorial about weapons etc. After tutorials maybe I'll try to make a campaign :P

If you've got an opinions, ideas or attentions then write it here ;)

btw. like us: www.facebook.com/coSoldat

If you would like to help me in some way then write to me ;)

Presents movies:
Part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DstI4gNtU&feature=youtu.be
Part2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwcymDZO6io&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:05:34 am by elMorvano »
www.facebook.com/coSoldat

Center Of Soldat

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
Re: Tutorial for Soldat by scripts
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 06:47:18 am »
Hmm nobody thinks that tutorial should be in Soldat??

Center Of Soldat

Offline skrX

• Soldier
  • x ye.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 07:34:30 am »
How to move? I think that the players can themselves solve this problem (such tutorials can be found on the yt)

for weapons:
  • show damage weapons and load time (status wep from weapons.ini)
  • put some targets on the map, to improve accuracy (every attempt will be more and more difficult)
Summing: not everyone knows how to shoot, player himself will choose corresponding weapon and will develop your skills.

for maps:
  • Describe the maps, for example: where there are pollybugs etc.
Summing: with these tips, player will be better to move around the map.

I keep fingers crossed for this project :)

Offline Mighty

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:25:41 am »
How to move? I think that the players can themselves solve this problem (such tutorials can be found on the yt)

The point is it shouldn't be a problem in the first place. If I saw a freeware game that couldn't teach me stuff needed to play properly I wouldn't bother checking youtube. It's usually not worth it, it means the game is not really polished. However, remember Soldat has it's own "teaching" system (Displaying controls for first few launches I believe).
Also, if you make a tutorial, you start from the very basics and cover everything that's essential.
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 02:53:07 am »
i like it

btw, "i will teach you", not "learn you" :P
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 03:22:16 am »
Nice initiative there.  :)

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 04:42:04 am »

Tutorial is for amateur players who don't know everything. Btw. me as newbie never tried find YT tutorials, anyway I'm also recording movie tutorial. It's beginning with the basic things and later will be more and 'harder' missions. Here I'm just showing what am I doing with that and how it could look.

Scripts don't share me a lot of freedom and this is a little hard with this scriptcore.

Almost every game has tutorial like this and I think that Soldat should have it also.

However, remember Soldat has it's own "teaching" system (Displaying controls for first few launches I believe).

I don't know it O.o

i like it

btw, "i will teach you", not "learn you" :P

Yeah... thanks :P English will be checked before official version of tutorial ;)

Center Of Soldat

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:57:52 am »
It's a little updated and you can download files needed to run this tutorial and check my work.

Short movie, shows how this tutorial looks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DstI4gNtU&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:10:36 am by elMorvano »

Center Of Soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:13 am »
Nice!

Offline Blazej

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 01:55:11 am »
Do you really think that someone will use it? I don't think so. Soldat is dead. They were only old players who know how to play, run and jump around the map. Tutorial would make sense much earlier (at least 5-6 years earlier).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 02:06:40 am »
@Blazej: Are you the next guy who is going to be cussed out of the forum for claiming that Soldat is dead? Either your grasp of English is so bad that you don't even know what 'dead' means, because you see, we are talking Soldat, therefore it cannot be dead by definition, or you mean something else.

Enlighten us.

Offline Blazej

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 02:15:09 am »
@Blazej: Are you the next guy who is going to be cussed out of the forum for claiming that Soldat is dead? Either your grasp of English is so bad that you don't even know what 'dead' means, because you see, we are talking Soldat, therefore it cannot be dead by definition, or you mean something else.

Enlighten us.

http://soldat.pl/en/lobby >>> Look to the right at the top (no matter what time).

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 02:53:16 am »
The number of players is not 0, the number of servers is not 0, the lobby is running, and the game is under development. Compared to a dead being, we are buzzing with activity. Now get back to playing and step off that road of discouragement you've chosen to tread.

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 08:09:59 am »
Do you really think that someone will use it? I don't think so. Soldat is dead. They were only old players who know how to play, run and jump around the map. Tutorial would make sense much earlier (at least 5-6 years earlier).

5-6 years ago tutorial could be as bonus for game. Now things like this are very important to build activity. We have to create something more for new players, new ideas, new places. Focus on getting new players and keep them in Soldat with many attractions. DB, HnS, Climbs, gathers, leagues and new interesting modes in Soldat. Not everyone have to be professional player in leagues to keep activity. Just we have to give them more entertainment, options to stay in the game.

This tutorial is only part of my ideas and I hope I will create more. Work in progress.

If you found new player then you can show him tutorial and teach basic things in game. If new player will join only on public server he will be destroyed by 'experienced' players and he will be in shock, leaving game how fast like he downloaded this.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:12:07 am by elMorvano »

Center Of Soldat

Offline Blazej

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 10:47:26 am »
I don't see new players. They were just veterans.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »
With Devs only fixing 'bugs' for the past few years, and the constant change in WM every version, Soldat's future seems pretty bleak; Regardless of them doing it for free, it all just seems pointless now. Mods are far more graphically pleasing than Soldat has ever been in years, almost no interaction with players in Lobby(this might be my own opinion, but every lobby should have a chat window, and not on a separate panel), nothing really new except 'rolling out of prone', and hopes that will never be fulfilled.

It's been good while it lasted, but nothing has really contributed to the growth of Soldat other than 'bug fixes' which don't appeal to new players. There is absolutely no enthusiasm in the community, forums are dead and the netcode is the same. And individuals with talent have been turned down and discouraged by others. I'm sure developers have lives and such, but it really urks me that a deadline is never met, or the community gets no info. If you can't reach a deadline - don't make one, don't get others hopes up just to be let down. I was told once by a developer it'd only take "one good month" to fix the netcode. It's been about 2 years since then. We all get Soldat is a unique game and such, but nothing is really developing but bug deteoration. When MM and Enesce(or whoever) developed, they added new features, more depth to the game(Although I heard Enesce was an ass, and versions took quite a while); we don't get that. The only 'depth' that has been added were complicated WMs that change each version. This post will probably get some hate, but i'm just voicing my unwanted opinion and speculation on Soldat's development. I respect what the developers do and have done, also the time and effort they've put. But Soldat is simply nothing but a scripting playground for Scripters and old players. I'd rather much have an improvement in graphics of something, than a new WM. Or even a more pleasing kill console or map then a petty bug fix.

Again, it's just my unwanted opinion, no hate towards developers, just a rant I think I needed to fume out. Also nice tutorial for beginners, although it won't most likely be needed in the future or implemented in Soldat. But it's great seeing some new ways of attracting new players.

tl;dr: useless chatter that only contributes one lilliputian of a sentence to the topic. In other words: Skip dis long ass shit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:38:26 pm by Adam »

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 05:36:12 pm »
@Adam: I agree with your opinion. Just look at this Storm 2D game (http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43584.0) which almost already has more features then Soldat and has been developed in much shorter time then Soldat is.

I think that devs should make a decision of open-sourcing the code and then the Soldat will have a real boost. Many people would have a chance to eliminate bugs, improve script engine, etc. Or... just make a decision of rewriting this shitty code in "normal" language which do not enforces developer to reinvent the wheel again and again...

Offline SuperBaem

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 05:47:18 am »
And individuals with talent have been turned down and discouraged by others
Quintessence of this forum.