Author Topic: Creationism Update [11/5/2014]  (Read 7256 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Creationism Update [11/5/2014]
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 04:46:39 pm »
Approximately a week and a half or so. But I guess what I meant was the whole pain thing. The pain eased up after the supposedly spiritual phenomena. Looking back, I have some skepticism, and saying this actually occurred is a little out there, but whatever happened, my hand was functional (without pain).

I guess I won't call you a stooge for thinking otherwise, but eh, yeah.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 09:40:22 pm »
the supposedly spiritual phenomena

This is not the vocabulary of a believer. Come off it.

I had this really spiritual experience myself. I had this terrible pain in my head and I had taken some ibuprofen and it wasn't going away, then about 15 minutes later, poof, it was gone! It was very spiritual and I felt touched by the almighty himself. I am truly blessed to be rid of such an ache.

Where was God when you fractured your hand anyway?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:47:42 pm by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 09:19:02 am »
the supposedly spiritual phenomena

This is not the vocabulary of a believer. Come off it.

I had this really spiritual experience myself. I had this terrible pain in my head and I had taken some ibuprofen and it wasn't going away, then about 15 minutes later, poof, it was gone! It was very spiritual and I felt touched by the almighty himself. I am truly blessed to be rid of such an ache.

God lets us experience pain so we worship him, if he didn't, Earth would be heaven. Thus, God is a scam-artist. I don't worship such a being. Biggie wouldn't allow me to.

#NotoriousB.I.GWorshipper

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 03:13:53 pm »

Free will, he's not a hand-holder.

Okay.

God lets us experience pain so we worship him, if he didn't, Earth would be heaven. Thus, God is a scam-artist. I don't worship such a being. Biggie wouldn't allow me to.

I don't have much for the argument of pain, but, pain is a consequence of the Earth experience. It's just an overstretching of the body's limitations. Kinda obvious.

And, as opposed to most, I don't believe there is a heaven that the followers of God go to when they die. I also don't believe there is a hell in the traditional sense. I suppose if one person was some evil whatever, by internal disposition solely, then, well, maybe he isn't reborn into the society. It kinda spins off the whole reincarnation thing. Maybe the spirit of the person just gets stuck in oblivion.

Many people are evil internally, but those who appear evil but are not evil by internal disposition, they're what they've always been: not evil by internal disposition. So, I guess that's a little more generous of an interpretation. I got this from some dude at a church. Also, the common definition of sin is "Missing the mark." It doesn't mean like... "instant death" or "evil." It's just a fuckup. But people could change their lives by becoming internally evil, by well, the basic evils of murder and crap.

But, about evil, who gives a shit, I believe the days of evil are passed, and that we're all hunky-dory. Like, as in, the "end of the world" has already happened, and those who were deliberately evil, though they had all that perfect free will and crap, have been separated from those who are A-Okay. Basically, the good people gave up their freedom to sin, and so, merit pretty much everything, at least internally. I guess poor people are still gonna be in the shitter, but eh, I dunno.

/that's probably enough of my philosophies
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:24:05 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 11:21:53 am »
I can hear Plato rolling in his grave new body.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

DarkCrusade

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 01:00:35 pm »
@Blacksheepboy: I was going to reply, but deleted what I wrote, because quite frankly, I don't want to hurt you. ;)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »
well, I mean, if Biggie made pain here on Earth, I guess it's obviously a 'consequnce of the Earth experience' he created. But what if Biggie didn't create pain on earth?

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 06:05:58 pm »
@Blacksheepboy: I was going to reply, but deleted what I wrote, because quite frankly, I don't want to hurt you. ;)

Dankempathy watching my back. I'm sure your words were enough to hurt me.

I can hear Plato rolling in his grave new body.

Stellar.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:09:16 pm by Blacksheepboy »