Author Topic: Soldat XXXX hackers! - Hackers intercept password!  (Read 12726 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Soldat XXXX hackers! - Hackers intercept password!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »
From what I know the current way the HWID is determined is easily spoofable. The issue will be solved when Soldat will integrate MSAC.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »
I just wanted to share this information with the community. If there are any admins out there who are concerned & would like to know the username of the said individual then I would be happy to disclose this information in pm. I apologise if I have broken fourm regulations by posting this publicly and I will remove my post upon request. Just please DON'T send Boris  :o

The issue with assigning admin via HWID is if you have collisions. As the HWID is just what, 32 chars long, I really don't think it's 100% unique. I personally wouldn't trust it.

Isn't it 32³² to get the maximum possible HWID amount then? Should be enough for Soldat or ? Maybe my math is just being bad again..
Or can the lobby server (?!) assign 2 HWID's to 2 different persons ?

HWID is 11 characters long string containing hexadecimal digits (0-9, A-F), which gives 11^16 possibilities (16 for 1st character * 16 for 2nd character * .... * 16 for 11th character).
Also, it's not lobby assigning you HWID, it's your client calculating it basing on your hardware information (CPU ID, HDD ID, etc). And yes, with some set of skills, it (still) can be spoofed, but it's a bit harder than it used to be in the older versions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:29:35 pm by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 02:10:36 am »
As for hackers names/contact info/screenshots/whatever, please PM them to me and Shoozza as we can take steps necessary that they're killed off the face of Soldat forever.
Do you have means to do that?

Server owners are defenseless against hackers. IP, HWID, nicknames, ... get changed. And hackers continue playing.

When I was more active, I used to admin a lot of servers from different modes. There were times when there were several hackers everyday on the servers. We used to share lists of them between admins and server owners.
Had there been a way to effectively get rid of them, something could have been done.

My feeling is that it looks like there is almost no consequence to hacking in Soldat. The only one I can think of is getting bad reputation if you are a known player and you get busted.
But even then, it's not much.
I've been browsing the SCTFL forum. And many of the regular players there are ex-hackers who are still allowed to play competitively. Usually they get denied access for 2 seasons from official events and that's it.
It's crazy.

From an operations perspective, I can get their IPs and ban them from the forums and lobby. I can also call up their ISPs and tell them that their client who had IP X during Y time frame was being abusive and violating their TOS. Other things as well probably.

From a developer perspective, Shoozza can look through what they're exploiting and try to fix it in the game.
There are other worlds than these

Offline AntyMan

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:40 am »
Around two weeks ago I caught someone in Soldat openly boasting about how he'd written new cheats (undetectable by anticheat) for auto aim, unlimited ammo and amongst other things, the ability to obtain adminlog, take control of the server and evade being kicked/banned. This person was then seen to be clearly using cheats and was subsequently banned.

He was then able to regain access to the server despite his hwid being banned. He was able to overcome being banned multiple times and continued to access the server. After this I found him sitting on spec sending some dodgey looking text to the server.

Fortunately we had taken some precautionary measures such as changing adminlog and warning admins not to write adminlog whilst in the server. As a workaround we now have a script in place that recognises specified hwid's and adds them to admin list upon joining the server.. which is not only nice for security but actually really convenient  ;D

I just wanted to share this information with the community. If there are any admins out there who are concerned & would like to know the username of the said individual then I would be happy to disclose this information in pm. I apologise if I have broken fourm regulations by posting this publicly and I will remove my post upon request. Just please DON'T send Boris  :o

And what whore told you that it is possible and with my shit broke on the server, even me banned o0, But what shitty administration said that it is impossible. I met the person who supposedly knows about this error, since version 1.3.1. Wrote to me just as it was called, and what it is that I wrote out the first posts. But the answer was banned for sharing such information, and how shit admin said that I just do .. Maybe the administration posted a bug to be able to extinguish competition.

Offline AntyMan

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 09:34:15 am »
Dziwi mnie czemu też administracja natychmiast usunęła informacje na ten temat zamiast po prostu naprawić błąd. Czy to nie są dowody na, to że to własnie administracja kontroluje serwery czy raczej dowody na to że to odkąd została dev soldat to gówno robią, gówno potrafią, psują grę, klatki spadły drastycznie.  EnEsCe był kimś nie bał się nowości i nie olewał tak tego ale wasza grupa shitt adminow go  zniszczyła.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 10:19:45 am »
Dziwi mnie czemu też administracja natychmiast usunęła informacje na ten temat zamiast po prostu naprawić błąd. Czy to nie są dowody na, to że to własnie administracja kontroluje serwery czy raczej dowody na to że to odkąd została dev soldat to gówno robią, gówno potrafią, psują grę, klatki spadły drastycznie.  EnEsCe był kimś nie bał się nowości i nie olewał tak tego ale wasza grupa shitt adminow go  zniszczyła.
This is an english forum, please post in english.

If you find a bug report it to the bugtracker (http://bugs.soldat.pl) and make sure it can be reproduced. Server Admins don't work on fixing game bugs therefor it is the wrong place to report bugs (use the bugtracker). If you found a bug which can be abused you can mark it private so only devs see it and it doesn't spread.

If you are unhappy about how soldat is developed please state the issues in a thread so they can be addressed make sure it is not a rant and objectively. Plain attacking the devs is never helpful and we will have to keep asking and asking you until we figure out what you really mean.

That said we will address FPS issues in Soldat 1.7.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 04:36:35 pm »
Bistoufly is right. "Server owners are defenseless against hackers".

Putting up with kids using auto-aim, nodelay, nobink & other cheats is one thing but this kid just took Two full servers offline. Both have been down for hours now.

From an operations perspective, I can get their IPs and ban them from the forums and lobby. I can also call up their ISPs and tell them that their client who had IP X during Y time frame was being abusive and violating their TOS. Other things as well probably.

From a developer perspective, Shoozza can look through what they're exploiting and try to fix it in the game.

IP & HWID can be changed at will. I only ever see one cheater/hacker these days. Community has dwindled, I doubt there are many left. Must be a way to close these exploits.

*Admins* Have any of your servers strangely disconnected recently?
The kid is called Astral. He has blue clothes, skin & jets. Plays with Barrett & law. Uses in game cheats. Can change IP & HWID. Banning him would probably only get your server targeted for attacks. Maybe we could all chip in & rent a car between us. Trace the silly child & teach him some sense.

Some of the 1v1 community refuse to play him because he uses cheats. Everyone should do this.

From what I know the current way the HWID is determined is easily spoofable. The issue will be solved when Soldat will integrate MSAC.

Hurraaaa!!!

What about the attacks? Take Cover!

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 04:53:38 pm »
You Got Served!: it's true! I can't believe what this kid is doing. He turns off servers, cheating, insult other players and flooding servers. This fucking guy destroys soldat.

Why developers are silent? >:(

Offline Szaman

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »
And the first things that - imho - should be implemented are:
- filtering packets by IP address (something like internal firewall)
- ignoring invalid packets sent to the server

Maybe it's a good time to talk about open-sourcing Soldat, so the community could help? ;)

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 03:49:53 am »
Hello everyone! I know that idiot Astral... 2 weeks ago this guy shut down my climb server many times. I banned him for cheating (teleport hack, no delay, shooting with M79 LAW in the air) but he started turn off my server.

It always looked like this:

15-06-10 17:01:40 Shutting down server...
15-06-10 17:01:40 Shutting down FileServer...
15-06-10 17:01:40 Shutting down admin server...

I had enough problems. I had to turn off my server forever.

He can change IP and HWID number. But I have a real IP number that cheater Astral.

82.211.141.37:2 That's his real IP. He always has a port 2 and he is from Georgia.

I have a list HWID which he used on my server:

HWID:1C1A9F50510
HWID:1C1AB39CE0E
HWID:1C1B001DE2C
HWID:1C1A9D857E5
HWID:1C1B22D9CAE
HWID:1C1B1D4FD62
HWID:1C1AD294A58
HWID:1C1B17B4139
HWID:1C1AC6511C2

Community soldat hates Astral. He shut down many CTF and DM servers.