Author Topic: Re: Can't rejoin servers after being disconnected from it  (Read 1586 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Can't rejoin servers after being disconnected from it
« on: June 16, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
Hello,
I just had a disconnect and from that time on I couldn't join any servers. All servers in the lobby are marked with '9999' ping and there wont happen anything on the join request.
I have had a similiar problem earlier on gather servers. I have been disconnected from my connection while being on the server and on the reconnect I couldn't join any servers hosted from the address (other servers worked). It disappeared after ~ 24 hours and everything was fine again.

I'm on a mobile connection but I'm sure it's not related to that, since I'm using it for like 3 months now. It seems to be a Game Bug.
Any ideas what might cause that and how to resolve that (for the case it won't disappear by its own)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:34:33 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Can't join any server
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:50:17 pm »
I'm on a mobile connection but I'm sure it's not related to that,

Why are you so sure? Do you mean you're tethering your computer to your phone or what? For all you know your mobile provider might rate limit UDP packets or something else that'd cause Soldat's netcode to break.
There are other worlds than these

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Can't join any server [solved]
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:32:57 am »
Do you mean you're tethering your computer to your phone or what?
Yes, I'm tethering my my computer to my phone and I haven't experienced any problems with playing soldat through it yet.
It does work again, so this problem is kinda fixed anyway.
I was more curious about that:
I have had a similiar problem earlier on gather servers. I have been disconnected from my connection while being on the server and on the reconnect I couldn't join any servers hosted from the address (other servers worked). It disappeared after ~ 24 hours and everything was fine again.

If I remember correctly other people have experienced similiar problems as well. As I said; I could join every server just not to the adress of the one I was disconnected from.
When I tried to access the server nothing happened and my soldat server logs didn't see me trying to access the server.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Re: Can't rejoin servers after being disconnected from it
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:55:21 am »
Just to get a better picture:
Did you restart soldat after the connection worked again?
Did you reboot after the connection was ok again?
Did it happen with any server you previously were playing on?
Could it be that the server firewalled you for 24h?
Is there a way to reproduce this?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Mighty

• Camper
Re: Re: Can't rejoin servers after being disconnected from it
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 04:37:59 am »
Throughout the years I've encountered that problem few times myself with multiple servers. Restarting Soldat wasn't fixing it for me, I'm 79% sure restarting the PC wasn't working too. Used to fix itself withing a few hours just like darDar said, whether I was being firewalled or my IP had to change for some other reason, I have no idea.
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID