YES
9 (32.1%)
NO
12 (42.9%)
MAYBE
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 09, 2014, 06:09:21 pm

Author Topic: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)  (Read 9788 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: New weapons for soldat? Please look at it and vote :)
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 09:49:13 am »
I'm sorry Adam but that weapon suggestion is pretty pointless. Why should we duplicate weapons? It doesn't have any purpose other than confusing people.

@DarkCrusade: I thought about something as well. Adding something which is not a real weapon but something that helps your team (place sandbags, place an auto stat gun, ... )
@McWise: That's a good idea as well. At least it would make the weapons less 'boring' than they are now.

Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 10:24:19 am »
I'm sorry Adam but that weapon suggestion is pretty pointless. Why should we duplicate weapons? It doesn't have any purpose other than confusing people.

@DarkCrusade: I thought about something as well. Adding something which is not a real weapon but something that helps your team (place sandbags, place an auto stat gun, ... )
@McWise: That's a good idea as well. At least it would make the weapons less 'boring' than they are now.
Uhm... for more skins than the standard arsenal? it's basically different modifications of the weapon with different skins, this would make gameplay seem more unique and customizable. I guess my idea is "pointless," but a sandbag with an auto stat gun is pretty fucking useful(ESPECIALLY IN CTF, HOW USEFUL IS THAT?)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:27:49 am by Adam »

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline dominikkk26

• Camper
    • PMGsite
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:21 am »
Misc knives:
- combat downright (It has a larger range of destruction through poking, low speed flight)
- combat throwing (Small entanglement destruction by poking, high speed flight)
- combat poison (Little damage but the player begins to gradually lose HP faster until death)

Misc pistols:
- Great rate, small DMG ammo: 18-22
- Slow rate of fire, a lot of hp, ammo: 12-16
- Very large hp, the average rate of a little ammo 7-9

Misc rocket:
How many are various types of pistols propose any known as: RPG, Bazoka, Spike

PL:
Misc knives:
- combat downright (Ma większy zasięg rażenia poprzez szturchanie, niski speed lotu)
- combat throwing (Mały zasięg rażenia poprzez szturchanie, duży speed lotu)
- combat poison (Mały damage ale gracz zaczyna stopniowo coraz szybciej tracić HP aż do śmierci)
Misc pistols:
- Wielka szybkostrzelność, małe DMG ammo: 18-22
- Wolna szybkostrzelność, dużo hp, ammo: 12-16
- Bardzo duże hp, średnia szybkostrzelność, mało ammo 7-9
Misc rocket:
Jakże wiele jest rożnego typu rakietnic proponuje jakieś znane jak: RPG, Bazoka, Spike

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
how about a smoke grenade? or a flash grenade?

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 11:12:10 pm »
Personally I would not like to see new weapons introduced. Soldat is my baby and I don't like the idea of implementing such drastic changes to the games essence. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Unfortunately I have just learnt that "We're already going to add new weapons eventually.", so I suppose I shall have to like it or lump it.

Now to contradict myself: I've always wanted to have a sword in Soldat, despite never being a big fan of the chainsaw.
I have always wanted to lob a brick at somebody in Soldat, too. Just seems like such a fun thing to do!

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:23 am »
How about a shield? That would be quite amazing a secondary actually. It could serve many purposes. It would of course not be as indestructible as the KAG shield (that one is ridiculous), but rather like what we see in hands of riot police officers for example.

I can think of a lot of uses for the shield, but let's hear the devs words on this suggestion before I waste too many words on an idea that was already considered, but tossed. :)

I have wanted a shield for a long time, that would break after taking a certain amount of damage. To be fair, it would need to be small and aim-able in 360 degrees. As a secondary, a shield like that To balance it, just lower the damage threshold.

Better yet, is to give all players a shield as a third item switched to via holding a different key. Soldat is most fun when weapon switching is involved, making it more dynamic.
Imagine proning mid air to dive through bullets and protecting your head.

I am all for balance and simplicity. Though I personally would like to see less autos and more slower aim based weapons allowing for a game more about dodging and aiming.

Soldat is the most fun for me when autos aren't involved at all. The meta is just completely different when using an auto. That being said, an added shield for all players or as a secondary could potentially balance weapons against each other since players could now afford to move into bullets to a certain degree given that you are aiming it correctly.

It's a simple addition that adds a lot of layers and great plays to the game.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:06:36 am by Wes »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:07 am »
Did you guys forget there's a shield already in a form of a vest?

Im chill like that

Offline Mojonized

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 09:31:24 am »
(shield) that would break after taking a certain amount of damage. To be fair, it would need to be small and aim-able in 360 degrees.

Imagine proning mid air to dive through bullets and protecting your head.

A wieldable-aimable-mini-shield sounds awesome :D

+1000

DarkCrusade

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
@Bonecrusher: The game mechanics are absolutely different. Most servers have bonuses disabled, and even if left turned on, must be picked up. Being able to pick a shield as a secondary weapon is just that much more awesome.

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »
My thoughts exactly, Bonecrusher. There is already a vest. I think a shield would discourage players (espcially newcomers) from using one of the core game mechanics.. the movement! Being skilled at ducking, dodging and using the environment is absolutely key to Soldat. How annoying would it be if opponents were able to block your fire with the push of a button. Motto of the story: Take Cover!

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 01:55:44 am »
An equippable aimable mini shield that breaks after a few hits is nothing like the vest.

And anything that makes a skill gap is a good thing for a games meta.

I highly doubt it would be a crutch or even annoying. Dodging would be even better with a shield. It's simply an addition. I doubt any player could use it too effectively before it broke anyway. The biggest fear is that it would be too good, but as long as it breaks quickly that's not an issue.

In soldat the difference between life or death is often two or even one hit.

Imagine it small, leaving your feet and head exposed unless aimed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:33:09 am by Wes »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 09:34:35 am »
It would allow for some amazing actions with nades / M79 involved. Epic boosting without much harm? I'm in.

Offline Rotem

• Major
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:30 am »
m79 is overpowered anyway so making it even more? should 1st be nerfed then do whatever you want

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2014, 02:22:30 pm »
Some of you must think this is KAG; including a shield in Soldat is just as bad as including a sword in CS:GO; unneeded and doesn't fit with gameplay. I mean, you already have a bulletvest, a shield would just be a pointless addition. Regardless of it being used as a defense mechanism.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »
Most suggestions are either too similar to what we've already got or just ridiculous spaced out fantasies.
I mean, I like spacing out as much as the next guy but please keep the weapons realistic and 21th century.

I do like the ideas about the sandbags though. Or something like it. As an additional choice of secondary, that is. Another idea here iz to let players choose medkit as sec, either to be dropped and used as a normal kit or possibly only usable when standing next to teammate.

From space with love / Tox

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »
Quote from: Toxic Avenger link=topic=43319.msg520620#msg520620
[...] keep the weapons realistic and 21th century.

Because the game was inspired by Schwarzenegger and Stallone films from the 1980s, I'm quite adamant about putting a tech cap at around 1990. Though Hollywood logic is allowed, so portable Miniguns and jet boots are fine.