Author Topic: Wake up!  (Read 67682 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Wake up!
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2016, 12:45:31 pm »
I have no time because I have to go out, and i wanna share this with you - this is pure Soldat gold, essence of things for which I love this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYE7mFADyao
that's not soldat
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2016, 01:37:43 am »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2016, 02:50:47 am »
Mum, 10 more minutes...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2016, 03:27:59 am »
Bump
There are other worlds than these

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2016, 08:12:03 am »
It has been Almost a full week. 😢
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:16:49 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:38 am »
Full week since what?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2016, 09:40:30 am »
I believe is that sleeping is critical part for fulfilling day.

I don't believe in concidence toady, i saw your face today Furai, you are not sending me these odd emails, are you ? ;D, nvm in other case. i'm delusional.

Edit: Nah..it was coincidence.. and that's way you should sleep more.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:19:17 am by daaw »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2016, 10:16:09 am »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »

Looks like the community is dying.

Maybe I'm not the only one who has been alienated by your coup to drive Shoozza out and take control of a bunch of key parts of the game (maps, weapon balance, ...)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2016, 07:45:41 pm »

I remember when there were always new posts every hour of the day. I miss those times.

It's a good sign that threads like this get replies almost as soon as I bump them though, which shows we have "active" lurkers.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2016, 11:50:52 am »
Just to annoy you and give you some hope that its not so dead as you think:

Most of players check forum, BUT they just dont login, because:
1. No one give crap about empty topic like this one(that for past few weeks act just as bump topic for lonely people). Because what you could get from writing here?
2. Everyone expected that new devs team will change approach to community, AND START UPDATING INFO ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON.
Or saying is simpler:
a. Make one topic where everyone who work on soldat right now, once per week or few weeks, post simple, one sentence what they made.
b. Make official list of future changes. Soldat is not AAA game, you will not get anything from "big-super" update release when its done, it will give you week of hype and then its dead again. With game like soldat you need to keep informing community about work that will be made, show them that that and that is done this is still waiting, this one need fix, that need community help. Damn basic rules of fucking game development...

And if someone mention that "you cant make such list of info because you work for free", kill your self, seriously. Posting one topic with incoming changes and one sentence once per week, when you did something for project, even: "I change color of few pixels in this graphic! look!" will not cost you anything and take you maybe 2 minutes...

And now, i will logout and with other players I will be checking forum as guest once per few weeks, until someone find balls to kindly write about future of soldat, as it should be from beginning...

cheers!

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2016, 12:22:46 pm »
You do have a point. I hoped to start posting progress updates and teasers sooner, but my GPU died in the middle of it and slowed down the progress of getting something presentable together significantly. Other than graphical stuff, progress is constant but not very exciting. It might be worthwhile to post biweekly updates if there is demand for such a thing, though.

For now, I'll leave you with two bunkers and a bunch of (partly WIP) corpses:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:24:17 pm by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Mayhem

• Major(1)
  • 2005 - 2018
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2016, 05:52:08 am »
Holy shit, it's beautiful  :o

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2016, 11:54:21 am »
WOW Its very gooood this
Make love, not war.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2016, 03:00:54 am »
You do have a point. I hoped to start posting progress updates and teasers sooner, but my GPU died in the middle of it and slowed down the progress of getting something presentable together significantly. Other than graphical stuff, progress is constant but not very exciting. It might be worthwhile to post biweekly updates if there is demand for such a thing, though.

For now, I'll leave you with two bunkers and a bunch of (partly WIP) corpses:

WOW.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2016, 08:12:06 am »
Yeah, it's only a minor part of of what monsteri actually made for us :3 but i think you can tell he knows what to do ^^

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2016, 12:15:49 pm »
Where's the rest?
Make love, not war.

Offline Oddisy

• Major(1)
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »

I remember when there were always new posts every hour of the day. I miss those times.

It's a good sign that threads like this get replies almost as soon as I bump them though, which shows we have "active" lurkers.

if it helps you feel any better, I've been a part of these forums since I was 12, and I'm 21 now. I occasionally check but don't have much reason to post anymore.

Original account was wolf_man but boy is that a dumb name

i remember having a distinct appreciation for you and brick, and moderate several forums and such myself now. you all had a huge influence on me as a child.

i also remember looking up to ana and the maps or more specifically the tools she made. i made pretty bad ones myself, but the ability to mod soldat opened up a whole new world for me.

i also remember when you guys changed the forum logo way back when. i believe i made a few but i can't exactly remember. this all feels like ages ago, though.

thanks for everything soldat forums.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:53:12 pm by Oddisy »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2016, 09:37:04 pm »

if it helps you feel any better, I've been a part of these forums since I was 12, and I'm 21 now. I occasionally check but don't have much reason to post anymore.

Original account was wolf_man but boy is that a dumb name

i remember having a distinct appreciation for you and brick, and moderate several forums and such myself now. you all had a huge influence on me as a child.

i also remember looking up to ana and the maps or more specifically the tools she made. i made pretty bad ones myself, but the ability to mod soldat opened up a whole new world for me.

i also remember when you guys changed the forum logo way back when. i believe i made a few but i can't exactly remember. this all feels like ages ago, though.

thanks for everything soldat forums.

I can seriously relate. I joined the forums when I was 12 too and now I'm 23. These forums taught me to code and be a sysadmin and I'm going to be forever grateful for that, as well as all the fun with maps and mods and community drama.

I made this thread mostly because:

1. I need to know that the forum software still works, and that people aren't posting due to a bug or misconfiguration somewhere
2. I don't like seeing these forums look like the other dead forums in other dead Soldat communities

Also, I want chibi to come back and bring back Fracs and r0adkill should bring back Selfkill. Spasm should also bring back Elitectf. DePhille should resurrect SoldatPage.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2016, 10:31:06 pm »
I'm 27 and I joined the forums when I was around 17. Except I learned nothing whatsoever from being here. :[