0 (0%)
Adam
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 20, 2014, 04:31:05 pm

Author Topic: Devs  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
Devs
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:21:05 am »
Poem of the day:
Why?
By Adam

aint'bazz fixed anitialising and you cant?

aint'bazz added more features than you have in years and you cant?

whose brilliant idea was to add a chat in a fucking SEPRATE panel? In every game, it's in the same panel as the servers, no one is going to fucking click on a separate panel then back to servers.

Why do some mods look better than Soldat?

Why do some mods look more graphically better than Soldat? (gosteks)

Why did devlogs stop for so long? even a fucking mere sentence would be better than nothing

Why do you only fix bugs for two years and change only WM?

Why do you always change WM then say "cause netcode improved"

Out of all the suggested ideas (some being genius) do you only fix the ones talking about fucking scripts?

Why do we keep the same weapon graphics for 10 years straight?

Why do we talk about adding new weapons when the current ones should be improved first?  (why?)

Do you really think us non-scripters and players care about the bug fixes in devlogs 2 years in a row?

Why do you help in the development of Storm2D when Soldat is better and more capable of going mainstream?

Why is Storm2D called a "successor" (if it is) when it obviously isn't?

Why, why do we keep the same layout ingame? (kill console, team picking, THE CHAT CONSOLE, JESUS CHRIST)

Why do us registered players get some ugly star? you couldve at least changed it into some shiny looking metal "V.I.P" or something, but you keep the same ugly shit from 2001

How hard is it to make new hair graphics or whatever? how?

No one actually plays for the WM and the shitty features (if have you any except for the star) or to see the bugs you always 'fix', but the competitveness of the game, which still keeps it alive.

Okay, so it wasn't a poem, just had to write this when I read that "soldat sequel" shit. Shoozza and the other devs probably won't read this (cause we all know they don't read anything regarding suggestions or hateful criticism or anything too long for Shoozza) , and I really don't care since I don't play anymore, but if a forum lurker wants to respond hatefully or agreeingly, you're free to do so. You can say "they don't get paid to work on Soldat" or "bugs come first", but if they're only able to change a damn resolution and minor unnoticeable bugs in a matter of years, then they shouldn't even be a developer. Also, stop saying "we need to fix the bugs" Like, honestly motherfucker, do you see any game that ONLY fixes bugs and never adds a feature or even a cosmetic addition to the game years in a row?

I just want to add, even the suggest kill console I suggested (a suggested feature from a previous forumer) would make this game more appealing and told that it would be easy to add, but they probably never will do so since they love their beloved 2001 era.

And please, Mittsu and the other guy (forgot his name) get off Akinaro's dick. No one gives a shit about your input on him as a human. Also, you guys aren't funny, regardless if you're trying to be or not in every post towards him.

Now is my rant towards the guy who owns the Zabijaka servers: Why do you add a "no camping" and "no spawning" script to your server? You do realize spawning is vital in games, right? I've also noticed the last time I played on Public, the increase of spawning whines, as if it's your fault for killing them in an enemy infested area. Snipe N' Slice had more balls than Zabijaka and remained competitive and always filled up. I personally don't know how Zabijaka is even filled up (well I do).

Yo, stop saying Mr. is fixing anti-cheat and it'll be released next version or whatever, year after year you say it.

Also, I don't give a fuck if you don't read any of this, just had to post this somewhere.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:25:13 am by Adam »

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Devs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:02:07 am »
This is a rant but I guess I could try to reply anyways.

aint'bazz fixed anitialising and you cant?
Nobody said we cannot.

aint'bazz added more features than you have in years and you cant?
Soldat 1.7 will add features. We couldn't use any of his code because he didn't want to invest time in cleaning it up for us to be easy to port to Delphi.

whose brilliant idea was to add a chat in a fucking SEPRATE panel? In every game, it's in the same panel as the servers, no one is going to fucking click on a separate panel then back to servers.
It was before the dev teams time, so nobody who works on Soldat now. Maybe MM knows it.

Why do some mods look better than Soldat?

Why do some mods look more graphically better than Soldat? (gosteks)

Why do you only fix bugs for two years and change only WM?
The priority until now was to fix game bugs. Back before the dev team was created people complained about feature additions.
WM changes are made by skoskav. It's up to him if the WM should be updated or not.

Why did devlogs stop for so long? even a fucking mere sentence would be better than nothing
There is no need to swear. Devs write devlogs when they want to. Nobody is required to write them in the dev team.
There was no or not much activity in that time period. People couldn't work on soldat because we had to mirgrate to git and the svn repo was frozen. I had other stuff to do and therefore no time to write devlogs.

Why do you always change WM then say "cause netcode improved"
WM settings are affected by the netcode. Example: before every 12 shot with gun xy wasn't recognized by the server (you got a hit but no kill) now its only every 30 shot -> you kill more people - > WM should reflect that.

Out of all the suggested ideas (some being genius) do you only fix the ones talking about fucking scripts?
Different people work on different parts. People who work on scriptcore related changes don't necessary work on other parts.

Why do we keep the same weapon graphics for 10 years straight?
They worked fine if you don't like them you can mod them so it is not a problem. I don't remember a lot of talk about the need for a change in weapon graphics until recently. I'm pretty sure people will complain when we change them in 1.6.8.

Why do we talk about adding new weapons when the current ones should be improved first?  (why?)
skoskav suggested adding a new weapon. So there was some discussion about what would be a possible choice. I'm still unsure about if Soldat needs a new one.
Bugs in available weapons should be reported on the bugtracker. There were a few fixes for them already so they are getting improved for some time already.

Do you really think us non-scripters and players care about the bug fixes in devlogs 2 years in a row?
People are probably interested in features but bugs are annoying and kill fun. See my reply a few lines above why we focused on bugs.

Why do you help in the development of Storm2D when Soldat is better and more capable of going mainstream?
No one in the dev team works on Storm2d. It is a different project that has a different team and MM decided to have Storm2d not us. I just happen to chat with the storm2d dev now and then.

Why is Storm2D called a "successor" (if it is) when it obviously isn't?
Why should we know it and who said that it is? It not clear if it is a successor. It depends on MM if he thinks it is one.
It is not relevant for us unless we are part of the team that makes Soldat 2 which we aren't. We don't plan to drop Soldat development because of a successor.

Why, why do we keep the same layout ingame? (kill console, team picking, THE CHAT CONSOLE, JESUS CHRIST)
Not sure what the problem is here except maybe the capslock you used.

Why do us registered players get some ugly star? you couldve at least changed it into some shiny looking metal "V.I.P" or something, but you keep the same ugly shit from 2001
Afaik you can mod the star if it's ugly for you. I didn't see any improvement suggestions or complains prior to this post.

How hard is it to make new hair graphics or whatever? how?
I'm sure modders know could tell you how to mod hair. I didn't look into that and it will only work on your modded version. Adding new hair graphics was never discussed internally so it's not on our radar.

No one actually plays for the WM and the shitty features (if have you any except for the star) or to see the bugs you always 'fix', but the competitveness of the game, which still keeps it alive.[/center][/center]
I didn't say they play for that reason. I hope they play because it is a great game.

Okay, so it wasn't a poem, just had to write this when I read that "soldat sequel" shit. Shoozza and the other devs probably won't read this (cause we all know they don't read anything regarding suggestions or hateful criticism or anything too long for Shoozza) , and I really don't care since I don't play anymore, but if a forum lurker wants to respond hatefully or agreeingly, you're free to do so. You can say "they don't get paid to work on Soldat" or "bugs come first", but if they're only able to change a damn resolution and minor unnoticeable bugs in a matter of years, then they shouldn't even be a developer. Also, stop saying "we need to fix the bugs" Like, honestly motherfucker, do you see any game that ONLY fixes bugs and never adds a feature or even a cosmetic addition to the game years in a row?
Yeah Shoozza doesn't read all my rants, fuck that guy.
Hmm you don't care about my response - I'm not sure about that.
IMHO posting small and aimed suggestions have a higher probability to get implemented.
I can reply to such posts but I cannot revisit them and load the ideas into my brain without wasting time because the are so large and I have to look for that one thing and ignore all the others.
I don't understand why you want the dev team to stop working on soldat. In fact if it wasn't for the dev team this game would have stopped at 1.5. I currently have a hard time seeing anyone else who would want to put effort in keeping the game running.
Normally games don't get updated after a certain point. Soldat is 10+ years old and still gets updates.

I just want to add, even the suggest kill console I suggested (a suggested feature from a previous forumer) would make this game more appealing and told that it would be easy to add, but they probably never will do so since they love their beloved 2001 era.
I think I know what you mean but I'm not sure so you probably want to link to the post.

And please, Mittsu and the other guy (forgot his name) get off Akinaro's dick. No one gives a shit about your input on him as a human. Also, you guys aren't funny, regardless if you're trying to be or not in every post towards him.
Please watch your language this is totally unacceptable. Second if you want to complain about people use the PM system. Attacking people in such a way publicly is bad manners and I am strongly against such behavior. If you want to be part of this community you should try to avoid making such unfortunate mistakes.

Now is my rant towards the guy who owns the Zabijaka servers: Why do you add a "no camping" and "no spawning" script to your server? You do realize spawning is vital in games, right? I've also noticed the last time I played on Public, the increase of spawning whines, as if it's your fault for killing them in an enemy infested area. Snipe N' Slice had more balls than Zabijaka and remained competitive and always filled up. I personally don't know how Zabijaka is even filled up (well I do).
I think people should be free to host servers and choose their own rules. We never forbid them to do so. Though I'm sad when server owners auto kick players who join with the nick Major. It is their server and their decision. There are other servers which probably have rules you like better if now you can host one yourself. If people like the rules they will play on them. If they are ok with the Zabijaka server rules then they will play there.

Yo, stop saying Mr. is fixing anti-cheat and it'll be released next version or whatever, year after year you say it.
I wish I could have the Anticheat in Soldat already but it is up to Mr when it will get added sadly it didn't work out. That said Mr. anti-cheat could be added in 1.7 at least thats what I would like to see (gogo Mr!).

Also, I don't give a fuck if you don't read any of this, just had to post this somewhere.
Again please watch your language. Also you said that already. I think though that if you don't care you would never invest time to write such a long post and if you reply or read replies you really care.

I guess we will see you back soon though
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 11:22:19 am »
Bruh, stop your preaching about "unacceptable behavior" regarding words in a dead forums dominated by old men, especially since it's posted here quite often.

seemed like you beat around the bush for awhile there, it was much more of a chore to finish reading it. But I did have a laugh reading it.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:08 pm »
I'm not sure if it's just teen angst or trolling, but you can't expect us to take you seriously when you mix in insults and conspiracy theories in such a hostile manner.

If you're unhappy then either leave or flesh out your thoughts into some constructive posts.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:49:09 pm »
You don't have to. You're free to ignore this post and move on. Did it sound hostile to you? my bad, thought this forum was male-dominated.

Do yourself a favor next time you see my nick, 15th_account. Skip it and continue your day. If you're unhappy, than either PM <insert name> about it or... stay unhappy.

Isn't freedom great?

P.S. neither was I sure you were trolling, since trolling can be called for anything nowadays.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:51:36 pm by Adam »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »
Adam, I read most of what you wrote and you're kind of an asshole. Shoozza shouldn't have responded to any of your whining but he did anyway because he's a nice guy who cares about his and Soldat's image.

Did it sound hostile to you? my bad, thought this forum was male-dominated.

That doesn't give anyone the right to be rude.

Isn't freedom great?

I don't know what you hoped to accomplish by this aside from wasting our time.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »
I'd rather be labeled a dick than a poop oozing dung canal.

I wasn't being anymore rude than 15th.

Accomplish? it was just a general statement related to what I post stating he had the freedom to ignore this post. I'm not wasting anyones time since they/you chose to read this voluntarily.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 02:22:50 pm »
So you address hostile questions specifically to us devs, then ask me to ignore it? Then you're not only wasting our time, but everyone else's time. Your posts are useless then, and we don't have to host you while you share them.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 02:29:36 pm »
I didn't ask. I said you were free to do so. You're truly only wasting your time by typing about me wasting your time, although you took the time to respond and read my posts.

They aren't useless. They hold some value. Probably not to a guy who can't even remember an account with the same password a dozen times, but they are.

You have your rights as a human, if you don't feel something is worthy of your time, ignore it - beat your meat, do anything you think is worthy of that irreplaceable time.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »
You have to understand that this forum is hosted by people who can deny you the right to speak and access it on the basis of your behavior.
You are free to talk as long as you follow the rules everyone on this forum agrees on.

I think everyone agrees that this thread isn't going to add any value since most of the relevant questions have been addressed and you didn't want to clarify and of the ones I wasn't sure about.

I'm not a fan of banning people so I try to get them back on track and give them a chance.
So in order to protect you from yourself I'll lock this thread now.

Please give it a week or a month.
Get back on your feet and become a valuable member of these forums.
Make everyone respect you for your support, help or work and you will have more influence on what is happening in Soldat and be able to give it a better future.

If you don't want to, thats totally ok.
There is always the option to do other stuff maybe arguing on this forum is not for you so take a look at other places and come back when you think you have improved.

Thanks everyone else for staying calm, I'm really happy to see that it is possible to not escalate. Great job ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod