Author Topic: Devlog update (2014-08-12) more sound library porting issues  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Devlog update (2014-08-12) more sound library porting issues
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:55:11 pm »
Hello community,

i'll keep this brief, but there was not much progress.
I worked on getting the sound lib changes for soldat 1.7 to work but there are some issues with that.

There are some dropped sounds, non stopped loop playback, missing looped playback among other small bugs.
So I'll have to dig deeper into that and look at all the code that touches sound.
If you wonder for how I might react to seeing that code here is an impression:
https://vine.co/v/MYaQttBAKvJ

Fun aside, there where some minor refactoring and a music playback bugfix which are now part of the 1.6.8 branch.

All in all I was able to play with the new sound lib but it's just buggy but that is nothing that cannot be solved.
It is a bit disappointed to not be able to show more progress from my side as well from other devs and I encourage you to motivate them if you can.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:21:55 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Devlog update (2014-07-12) more sound library porting issues
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:46 pm »
It's cool that there are devlogs coming weekly now but im curious about what those sound lib is actualy being good for ? What will that change for the client and how will you take advantage of those improvement for your further plans ?

I hope some other devs are going to help you out with all of that stuff soon since you said that there are big projects planed for 1.7
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Devlog update (2014-08-12) more sound library porting issues
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:14:25 am »
The library we want to use supports sound among other things. So we will use that one instead. That way we use less libraries and they are more up to date.
I started with sound because I thought it would be easier than to replace other things which are probably more complicated to replace.

The aim for the client is that you don't really notice any sound related changes. We might add some effects but thats not for sure.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:22:12 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:43 pm »
Good to read a devlog as always :)

SCTFL25 Sign ups are open, any chance we will see MSAC returning soon? In any case keep up the great work DEVS but fryer if your reading this please stop sitting in front of your pc doing nothing you can either fix Soldat or play Soldat but minecrafting is no longer authorized. Just a heads up, Thank you.

<3 photocat.se
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:17:54 pm »
Thx for the devlog, guys. Keep up the great work! :)