Author Topic: Connection problem Windows 8  (Read 2401 times)

Offline mkocerba

• Major(1)
Connection problem Windows 8
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:57:32 am »
Hi,

Today I installed Soldat 1.6.7 on Windows 8. When I connect to the server after 5 sec my soldier is freezing and  I get information in text field: "connection problem". I use Avira Antyvir and I add Soldat in firewall settings. Please help.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Connection problem Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:14 pm »
Hi and welcome to soldat forums!
Do you get the same issue when you play offline? (via start game tab)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline mkocerba

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:54:34 am »
When I'm playing offline everythings is fine. I had this same issue on Win 7 on my previous PC, but I didn't fix it.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:48:29 am »
I'm not familiar with Avira Antivirs firewall settings and how it replaces the default windows firewall.
Do you have similar issues with other programs/games?

One thing you could try is to disable your firewall(s) temporary and see if the problem still happens.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline mkocerba

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:26:43 am »
Avira's using Windows firewall and I tried to disable firewall but it didn't help. Soldat is only one game wchich I have connection problem, other games work well.

Offline mkocerba

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 06:11:00 am »
I checked my laptop in friends house and everything works fine so the problem is about my network. Do you think that problem is caused because of my network devices? I have wire connection, my laptop is connected to the switch and next to the router. But in other games i don't have such problems.

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:28:54 am »
If I were you I would try direct cable connection without using the router so you could find out whether the problem is the router(your lan possibly) or provider itself.

Offline mkocerba

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 11:24:48 pm »
I checked every possible connection and problem is my router. I have Netgear DGN1000 and I was looking for solution  to open ports but until now any of this solution doesn't work. Could you exactly tell me which ports Soldat using? UDP or TCP and which range? i wolud be grateful if you will help. Thanks.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »
I checked every possible connection and problem is my router. I have Netgear DGN1000 and I was looking for solution  to open ports but until now any of this solution doesn't work. Could you exactly tell me which ports Soldat using? UDP or TCP and which range? i wolud be grateful if you will help. Thanks.

You don't need to forward ports if you're just playing on servers instead of hosting one.

The port soldat uses to request a list of servers to show in the lobby is 13073 TCP. The port uses to play on servers is arbitrary as each server owner can choose whichever port they want. Again, these are *outgoing* ports not *incoming* (forwarded) so you shouldn't need to "open" them unless the router has a whitelist of outgoing ports.

You could post a screenshot of your router config web ui which may help us get a clearer view of your situation
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:34:57 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these