Poll

Should the free cam be disabled?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Disable free cam while dead  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Dr.Penicz

• Major
Re: Disable free cam while dead
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:49 am »
1st of all it's not unfair or something if everyone hast the same possibilities.
Okay, it seems to be a little unrealistic, but who knows how many ghost are watching you in fromt of your pc at the moment.. and we all know (from movies) they can go through walls and stuff ;) ..
Then this game is so fast, that even if u ..accidently.. spy someones position, until you are there, he will most likely be gone already.
And on the realistic modes, when it really becomes important, one usually stays dead until next round. So spying is no problem at all ...as long as 'dead ppl can't talk'.

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »
I personally think it should be disabled for other modes aswell and in non-team modes you should not be able to follow anyone after dying. Especially unfair in duels where you'll be able to tell what the enemy is going to do after killing you and also when you both are dead, the person who spawns later has the advantage because he knows where the other person has spawned.
In normal DM it's too easy to spot campers by just dying and scrolling through every player to see their locations.
Other modes I don't care much about.

You may not care about other modes but the Soldiers who play those modes do  ;)

Disabling freecam is fatuous at best. If someone is THAT concerned about their opponents gaining an advantage in the few seconds between death and spawn then they need to get out more. I can kinda relate if it's a clan / league match.. but REALLY?

I use free cam a lot due to playing Survival mode the most. Please do not remove it!

Making it a server option is a viable solution, however fatuous it may be :)

I highly doubt that "any" player will even notice that he can't freecam any more.
Let's be honest, people don't even know that the game is being updated.

I would notice!! Freecam is an old feature & it would be sad to see it go. I asked a few Soldat friends and they all agree.

Please do not remove freecam!

Offline Flym

• Major(1)
  • you dont deserve what you want..
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »
and the hacks continue ... lol  :D