Author Topic: Reggie Bush  (Read 570 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Reggie Bush
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:43 am »
I know Reggie Bush is the Heismann trophy winner and all, but is it because he's talented or because he just has a good team?  Everyone says he's going to be the next Barry Sanders, but these are the people that don't understand how football works.  They assume that because he's scored a few touchdowns he's in the same class as Barry.

This is simply not true.

I've seen highlight videos of both of them, and I admit that Reggie's speed goes a long way.  It allows him to outrun defensive backs to get open for big pass plays.  However, as far as run plays go, I don't think he's that great.  Very few of his big plays are the results of his talent alone.  Sure, he'll make the occasional cut that avoids a defender, but for the most part he breaks free because his blockers are laying people out.  I can't count the number of times I've seen a blocker take out the guy that would have tackled him, or the times he's just ran through the line untouched.  That's a credit to Reggie's offensive line, not to his own skills.

Barry Sanders is completely different.  In his highlight videos, you see him running over people.  Tacklers seem to slide off him.  But Barry is not just a power back.  If he's in the open field and a defender is coming at him, Barry will put on such a juke that the defender often falls down.  Barry is the real deal, because he has great speed, great power, great balance, and great footwork.

Anyway, it sort of ticks me off when people give too much credit to Reggie Bush, so I had to vent somewhere.  Thoughts?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
Re: Reggie Bush
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:49:01 am »
Reggie will never match up to TEAM BARRY SANDERS.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Reggie Bush
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 11:23:50 am »
Reggie will never match up to TEAM BARRY SANDERS.

No need to match him when he can better him. :) The only thing stopping Reggie Bush is the Saints' playcalling and Deuce McAllister still being the #1 RB. I see it as a Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson split RB offense, and that'll take away from Bush's carries and hurt his production, at least as far as setting records go.