Author Topic: Devlog update (2014-09-09) nothing, nothing and nothing  (Read 3426 times)

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
Devlog update (2014-09-09) nothing, nothing and nothing
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:56:36 am »
Hey everyone,

this week we basically did nothing. In order to entertain you, we have this nice video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ph1zvw_xE
It represents the current stability of the soldat code base.

Skoskav did nothing.
ExHunter did nothing.
Shoozza did nothing.

See you next week! Bye!

-------------------

"Jokes" apart, some stuff *actually* happened.

Shoozza
- worked on some stuff for the soldat devbot which helps us to see what happened to the source code
- continued planning and working on related things to 1.7 with a community member.

Skoskav
- Made the ground detection a bit more reliable, making the LAW's startup delay not take ages in some situations.
- Tweaked the freecam not to shake when heavy weapons are fired, and fixed so you can't enter freecam when already in freecam.
- Fixed the scoreboard wasn't shown at the end of demos when it was ended by a map change.
- reviewed stuff I did and found new issues caused by that.

Me
- Added SC3 MapsList support (AddMap, RemoveMap, retrieve all/certain maps of the current loaded mapslist)
- Added procedure TActivePlayer.SetVelocity(X, Y: Single);
- Fixed #401 SCv3 - StrToDate doesn't work as intended. See comment in bugreport.
- Fixed #390 / #542 Knife blocking against dead body. But I need feedback from players.
- Fixed #410 DELMAP crashes server
- Fixed #562 DrawText result does not hide after server change
- Fixed #578 /recompile <script> hangs up admin client
- Modified requesting the game to show also HWID "IP:PORT|HWID requesting game..." and reason if a player is HWID banned.
  Also Players no longer semi-join the server if they are HWID banned.
- Worked on the movement issue further, after the last possible fix, the true issue revealed itself, which we try to fix now.
- Worked on a fix #166 Throwing The flag close to polygons. Looks good so far, but needs more testings.
- Refactored some server admin checking code and removed dead code.

See you in a week again. Back to the codecave.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:00:34 am by ExHunter »

Offline Mighty

• Camper
Re: Devlog update (2014-09-09) nothing, nothing and nothing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 02:38:43 am »
Tweaked the freecam not to shake when heavy weapons are fired, and fixed so you can't enter freecam when already in freecam.
Is there still a way to stop my camera from moving then? I used to simply re-enter free-cam by pressing W, but I guess that feature has been removed?
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:21:11 am »
Tweaked the freecam not to shake when heavy weapons are fired, and fixed so you can't enter freecam when already in freecam.
Is there still a way to stop my camera from moving then? I used to simply re-enter free-cam by pressing W, but I guess that feature has been removed?
Just to add, I used to do the same; pressing "w" to quickly go from full-speed to no-speed camera movement. Also, I sometimes used to hold down "w" to prevent the moving of the camera too much when I wanted it to stay still.

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:03 am »
To clarify, what was intended to be fixed there was that holding down W shouldn't constantly be re-centering your camera. if people reeeeeeaaally liked pressing W to just stop the freecam movement then we can add that part back. But would moving your cursor toward the center be so inconceivable? That freezes the camera too, you know.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 06:55:38 am »
I always used to press 'W' as a fast way to accurately stop the camera on some action while streaming. I don't see any reason to remove this "feature", especially if the intended fix doesn't entirely require it.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 09:38:05 am »
I always used to press 'W' as a fast way to accurately stop the camera on some action while streaming. I don't see any reason to remove this "feature", especially if the intended fix doesn't entirely require it.
I use it on a daily basis as a quick way to freeze the camera. It's pretty handy.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:46:55 am »
^agree. Also, you say shaking is removed from "big" guns, I asume you mean m79, minigun, nade and law explotions, but the camera also shake on all other guns such as styr, ak and stationary gun. Anyways I'm really glad for the fix :D

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »
@Exhunter: Does that mean we can now actively change a player's speed? If so, I am back to coding.

Offline ExHunter

• Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »
@Exhunter: Does that mean we can now actively change a player's speed? If so, I am back to coding.

Yes, but sc3 only

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »
- Modified requesting the game to show also HWID "IP:PORT|HWID requesting game..." and reason if a player is HWID banned.
  Also Players no longer semi-join the server if they are HWID banned.

It seems like #143 can be marked as fixed now. GJ