Author Topic: Soldat on Twitch?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Soldat on Twitch?
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:36:47 am »
Heeyy what's up everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here even though I've been reading every single post now and then.

So let me introduce you to Twitch.tv if you don't know yet what that is. Twitch (also known as Twitch.tv) is a live streaming video platform which is basically a spin-off of Justin.tv.
I've personally been streaming on Twitch.tv for a little bit already (Mostly SpeedRuns) and the way/speed that this Website is growing is stupendous.

Well, the point is that Soldat could have its little spot on the Website which would really help for visibility! I am only throwing a few ideas here in hope that this is going to help the game get more players/popularity.
In my opinion this would be a smart way to reach out more people.

We could try to make it an "official" game on Twitch. That would be the first step obviously.
We could also have some people stream the game live. Gathers could be very interesting and Tournaments as well. Commentators on top of that would be perfect!

I think this would be a great start and hopefully this would help the game gain some more popularity.

Let me know what you think about this guys!

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:00:08 am by VinceBros »

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: Soldat on Twitch?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:33:43 am »
There used to be a lot of streams for SCTFL matches here, and also there have been a few individuals to provide them.
I think it'd be great to re-unite Soldat Films project (I'm guessing this url will work sometime later).

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »
In the past the community has always tried to stream/commentate all the sctfl playoff matches. It is a pity Soldat is not streamed more regularly though just people playing gathers or public may help attract a couple players you never know...

The players I know who can stream or have done were Fryer, Control, Sting, Kaimelar and qb. Unfortunately the last season was not as successful with the streaming side, if I ever upgrade my pc for a decent CPU then I would definitely start streaming Soldat. I know fryer keeps his streams saved on his harddrive so he may have quite a few games he could upload to youtube.

I think most Soldat players are hindered by having low-end computer specs and generally quite a bad upload speed to stream anything decent, streaming is quite demanding but if anyone who can stream would like to do it then I suggest you PM Fryer on the forums he should definitely be able to help you out with settings and provide some tips to get it all working with Soldat.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:33:20 pm by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 05:46:34 am »
Well, SCTFL25 is coming up and SCTFC5 is running now. I'd say it be great if we'd recruit all the people we can for this cause.
Usually people just went to #SoldatFilms (QuakeNet, IRC) and asked for a streamer and a commentator for their match.

Anyone up for it? :)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »
yeah twitch deletes them after a while, fryer does save them but hes lazy to upload to youtube.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »
Wasn't there some sort of "automatically upload records to youtube"-option in twitch?

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 05:37:12 am »
Wasn't there some sort of "automatically upload records to youtube"-option in twitch?

Yes, Ex. As soon as you are done streaming, it will automatically save your video on your Twitch page. Where you can create an highlight off this media and Export it to YouTube in one single click!

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 02:33:59 am »
I don't think it's very possible to get viewers, the only viewers you'll get would be people who already play the games.
To actually get new players you'd need to have people who don't know the game to watch, and I don't see them for some random reason search for soldat.