Author Topic: Is it possible to lower the bots accuracy?  (Read 4050 times)

Offline BatCat

• Major(1)
Is it possible to lower the bots accuracy?
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:05:34 am »
I would like to practice a bit offline before playing competitively online, but there's a slight problem. On the easiest difficulty, the bots are as it says, stupid. They'll use fists if advanced mode is on and jump up and down and run around aimlessly. If I bump it up from stupid to poor, they get a bit better, but they also get aim bot accuracy 90% of the time. We're talking medium to long range pin point accuracy with the Desert Eagles and Mini-gun on realistic, though I'm not sure if the recoil affects them. It's still playable and win-able (albeit on TDM), but it can quickly get frustrating. Is there a way to modify their accuracy so they're not quite as accurate? I don't mind a challenge, but getting gun downed from a sizable distance by something that shouldn't be accurate (i.e. the SMG on full auto) is annoying, to say the least.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Is it possible to lower the bots accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 11:41:42 am »
You need to modify their bot files, there's accuracy field there. Lower is better (aka 0 should be perfect accuracy)
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline BatCat

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 04:41:31 pm »
So does the difficulty not affect the accuracy? Or is normal what is listed in the files and then higher difficulties bring the accuracy number lower while lower difficulty raises it?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:48:56 pm »
Final bot's accuracy is a mashup of difficulty and accuracy set in bot file.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.