Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.8b1 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 16734 times)

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.8b1 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »
ZdzichU: Well aren't you just a ray of joy... This is a bugfix release made by ExHunter and myself while the others are still working on the big stuff planned for 1.7. I think everyone will like what's coming in that version. =)

L[0ne]R: Wow you work fast. Definitely feel free to tweak the models if you see ways to improve them.

darDar: It sounds like a DirectX issue, and I don't think we changed in any of that code. Could you try to replicate your 1.6.7 graphic settings in 1.6.8 to see if that helps?

Offline ExHunter

• Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »
darDar: happens to me all the time.

Try right clicking 2-3 times on your taskbar (or I guess anywhere).. it helps for me

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »
- Added support for skipping empty console output line
Seams to work and I'm very happy about it! :)

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 04:31:03 am »
Great job with the beta guys :) nice to see some great fixes!

Would the DEVS consider opening a new topic somewhere where we can talk about the new gfx and suggest things? If you are happy to change it I think there are mods that do have better shading and higher detail than the Soldat Evolved one in game at least, I mean certain weapons in any case... something like a mix and match could be done. I have to agree with Duz that this one seems very dark and the detail in the for the actual ingame is lacking for some weapons, the m79 looks like some regular gun for example?

I still think its good to change it though :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:33:15 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 07:58:04 am »
Great job with the beta guys :) nice to see some great fixes!

Would the DEVS consider opening a new topic somewhere where we can talk about the new gfx and suggest things? If you are happy to change it I think there are mods that do have better shading and higher detail than the Soldat Evolved one in game at least, I mean certain weapons in any case... something like a mix and match could be done. I have to agree with Duz that this one seems very dark and the detail in the for the actual ingame is lacking for some weapons, the m79 looks like some regular gun for example?

I still think its good to change it though :)
This basically, I think you can find different mods for the weapons, the current one really isn't all that good. I would also be happy to hear new sounds for the weapons, the current ones are very "light" sounding.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:16 am »
This basically, I think you can find different mods for the weapons, the current one really isn't all that good. I would also be happy to hear new sounds for the weapons, the current ones are very "light" sounding.
The gfx of the weapons in menu are flat. There's no depth, but the gfx of weapons in your hand are good, considering that the main resolution is 640x480 you can't do too much with small gfx or you will loose any identity. In menu you have more pixels to work on.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:59 am »
I liked the original weapons more and I'll be using them until the end of Soldat. They are more fitting than the mods that are trying to achieve a more realistic look.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 11:25:20 am »
Wow, I have no idea why it suddenly works - but now Soldat does instantly minimize to the toolbar (which is amazing!). It seems to work now. I didn't do anything aside of restarting my computer..

However, the voice radio popup menu still does not show up. I tried clicking the voice chat menu button + 1,2,3.. but nothing happened then either.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline 15th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 12:45:06 pm »
Would the DEVS consider opening a new topic somewhere where we can talk about the new gfx and suggest things?

Done. You can use this topic for discussing the new weapon graphics: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43723

Offline ZdzichU

• Major
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 01:22:37 pm »
ZdzichU: Well aren't you just a ray of joy... This is a bugfix release made by ExHunter and myself while the others are still working on the big stuff planned for 1.7. I think everyone will like what's coming in that version. =)

I hope so you satisfy the thirsty players. (anticheat, graphic news like new interface, menu, and another things popular of soldaters).
GL in keeping Soldat alive :)

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:59 pm »
I think weapons should be left as before, don't fix what's ain't broken
However, nickname tab-completion and LAW's start-up problem - 10/10!

Edit:
I didn't get to test the version online, therefore i do not know if LAW was fixed already or not, but if it is, then just release a version so I could stop dreading over this destroyed weapon. ;_;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:07:54 pm by nosejj »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 04:28:50 pm »
I think weapons should be left as before, don't fix what's ain't broken
However, nickname tab-completion and LAW's start-up problem - 10/10!
Weapon menu icons are "broken" though. It's not like MM was a great pixel artist, and I doubt that the original icons were intended to have some kind of "art style". You can barely recognize the weapons they're based off, and they seriously lack detail. Just look at Steyr for example - it's just an outline filled with something brown. Barrett is also a blurry mess. They are, objectively speaking, lower quality than the new icons. If we want to improve Soldat - we need to improve the quality of its assets. If you personally prefer the lower-quality icons - there's always an option to copy them over from an older version. In fact, I think Soldat should come bundled with a "Classic" mod. But default icons should be better than that.

Offline whitdemon

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 11:08:00 pm »
Might be somewhat offtopic, but, how about realeasing it on steam?!
In the end there can be only one!!!

used to play as MoX[PT]

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 01:00:09 am »
^ How about no?
Ask again once 1.7 comes out. It should bring some important changes and I believe some more gui/graphics/netcode/balance stuff will come in 1.8(or even 2.0? :D).
So 1.7+ might make it to steam in my view.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 03:42:59 am »
@whitdemon we hear people asking for soldat on steam regularly so we are aware of that. Note that soldat is available on Desura.
If you want to have soldat on steam because it would make it more popuplar then this will hopefully happen with 1.7+ if not well lets look again after 1.7 was released.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline dodo001

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 07:13:44 am »
Pls modify: OnDamage(Shooter, Victim: TActivePlayer; Damage: Integer; Bullet: TActiveMapBullet): Integer; on (Shooter, Victim: TActivePlayer; Damage: Integer; Bullet: TActiveMapBullet, HeadShoot: Boolean): Integer;