Author Topic: duplicating real player movements to AI  (Read 5147 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
duplicating real player movements to AI
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:48:24 am »
Hello,

I was wondering lately if it would be possible to duplicate the movement and waypoints of real players to bots.

This could possibly be done by checking the key input (the actual movement they do) of a real player and by checking his position(s) on the map.(waypoints).

Maybe some script could collect all these data (I'm quite sure that this works out, .. no idea if you can reproduce it though).

I have no idea if that works out but it would be great to have an improved AI, instead of the pretty bad we have now.

Apart from that it would be great if EFC's would actually be able to attack other players - right now they won't do anything, unless they see an opponent carrying the flag.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:50:56 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: duplicating real player movements to AI
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »
Key input wouldn't work as it depends on things like the enemy, flagger, bonus and bullet positions.
Generating waypoints from movements would be possible but I'm not sure if it will work well as you have to be able to fix wrong paths anyways.
It would probably create too many waypoints after all.

Keep in mind that we didn't touch any bot AI yet (there is so much other stuff to do.)

One way to make bots really powerful would be allowing to script their behavior.
But before that there there is a need for serious cleanup.

Yeah bots probably should run away and still shoot enemies who approach them or attack them...
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:25 am »
I know it's an 'old' thread but I've just seen some bots yesterday and this thread came into my mind and I had some small conversation about it with Fryer.
There seems to be a scriptcore improvement which might make it possible to somehow make that work. ?!

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 05:26:23 am »
You can, partially with scriptcore 3. There is no support for accessing waypoints via scriptcore, yet (either you could wait - not defined when it comes - for that or make some kind of own waypoint system or try to parse maps on your own).

Edit: @helloer - well, I tested it and it works - and for the documentation, it is only lacking examples, but it is documentated that you can write key values  ( http://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/TActivePlayer ) :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:31:50 am by ExHunter »

Offline Jeodude

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:39 am »
Taking into account that number of human players has been dramatically decreasing for last 5 years, bot improvements become more and more important. Apart obvious things like movement & teamwork upgrades, my wish-list for bots also includes knife-throwing. Hope it will be implemented someday.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:50:08 am »
Most zobmie servers abuse knife throwing bots, I don't see what's your issue here.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 04:11:37 am »
He wants to see default bots AI on a new level, so that you can at least have a bit of fun when plaiting offline and not by fixing waypoints on each map or by server scripting.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 05:00:51 am »
Would be cool if there was a way for bots to learn from player movements :)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 11:28:10 am »
Taking into account that number of human players has been dramatically decreasing for last 5 years, bot improvements become more and more important. Apart obvious things like movement & teamwork upgrades, my wish-list for bots also includes knife-throwing. Hope it will be implemented someday.
Current Soldat bots aren't perfect but why would you really require them be any better? They will never be as intelligent as human players (there're exceptions, I know). Just switch to 'impossible' difficulty and give enemy team twice more players than your team has or even more if necessary (CTF). It works for me when playing Realistic and I don't think it wouldn't work for anyone else.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 10:37:20 am »
Anyone you play against should have the ability to do a cannonball or whatever trick he might have up his sleeve, but after the comma I have to pretend I'm a cunt.