Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.8 RELEASED!  (Read 54218 times)

DarkCrusade

Re: SOLDAT 1.6.8 RELEASED!
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2014, 07:05:41 am »
Never saw something like that happen. An easy fix would be blocking multiple clients from a single HWID.

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2014, 09:01:12 am »
IMO bad idea:
- sometimes people wanna play coops with multiple clients,
- if some guy got DC, he couldnt rejoin server because his ghost will be still there
Classic banana

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2014, 10:07:14 am »
IMO bad idea:
- sometimes people wanna play coops with multiple clients,
- if some guy got DC, he couldnt rejoin server because his ghost will be still there

+1

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2014, 01:27:55 pm »
Never saw something like that happen. An easy fix would be blocking multiple clients from a single HWID.

Because you don't play on 1vs1 servers. There players still use multi accounts to kick other players. It is very frustrating  >:(

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2014, 11:20:42 pm »
We clearly don't want players from the same ip getting blocked.
But that's not an issue here. We could check for same ip + same hwid and drop the vote in that case (only first vote counts).
This would still work for players with different hwids (two devices, or HWID fakers). Not sure if this is an issue though.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »
When you want to release the next version? And will the new models of weapons?

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »
We didn't work on new weapons.
There will be a beta in a month or so.
Rules

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »
Helo
Small map-related update for everyone interested in the progress.

As it is for now, and from what I know personally:
-We should have a pimped up version of ctf_Division ready for next version
-Same goes for ctf_Rotten
-High probability of an Ash remake
-A lot of polybug fixes across the default maplist
Depends on the release date and other circumstances we will try to focus on other defaults as well. We are focusing mostly on pimpin up the shading, texture, scenery, polybug fixes etc. while keeping the original layout. We also want to make it look familiar to the older players whenever and wherever it is possible to keep everyone satisfied.
Love & kisses

Wiral <3

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2015, 04:31:59 am »
When you release a new version?  ???

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2015, 05:16:59 am »
The soldat dev team is basically dead.

I didn't hear a word form most devs.
Hopefully ExHunter will come back and fix some scriptcore issues.

If nothing changes I'll have to do most of the bugfixing on my own.
Not sure about the ETA yet as it depends on how active the team will be.
Rules

Offline Mr Killer

• Soldier
  • Grape Shop.
    • RFL's mods
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2015, 08:21:24 am »
Is there still a point? As long as there is no drastic change of attitude towards this game from THD and MM who is doing shitty small games now like Trench Run (which is quite fun actually, but not in the slightest as fun as Soldat) and encourages people to pay $10 for it? I'd pay $20 for a Soldat remake or its WORTHY successor which neither Trench Run nor KAG is.

I'm not saying that THD should only focus on Soldat. I'm saying that if they didn't do all the bullshit projects but spent their resources on improving Soldat or making a sequel, it would be more beneficial for them. That's just my humble opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:29:54 am by Mr Killer »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2015, 01:18:22 pm »
I think there is still a point. I'd like to make this game work well on current PCs and make sure it works in the future (ipv6 support)

MM and most of THD have other stuff to do. Soldat is not on their radar - development wise.
MM found other people to maintain the game. I'm sorry if it's not maintained well enough to make you happy but getting MM back to work on Soldat won't work.
Storm was a possible soldat 2 but it changed directions. Even I was asked if I want to make a successor.

Maybe there will be a soldat 2 in the future but I think people expect a game with similar feel as soldat (maybe even all the movement quirks) which is more work than creating a new game (explains why it didn't happen yet)
Rules

Offline Mr Killer

• Soldier
  • Grape Shop.
    • RFL's mods
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2015, 01:39:20 pm »
It's not that it doesn't make me happy. I love Soldat the way it is; it's just that I feel sad the game is dying. Not enough measures were taken at the right time to maintain the game's popularity and bring it to a wider audience. And yeah, I know it's outdated but if, let's say 5 years ago there was focus on getting a game to a place where it can get on Steam, maybe the community wouldn't be so poor today. I know Steam didn't help KAG remain popular enough and very few people are playing it compared to what it used to be in the past, but then again: it's just "if's" that I'm talking about. Nevermind. I know that I don't have an insight to the development process and it's obstacles, so I'm probably not the right person to talk about what you might have done wrong. I respect and appreciate every effort that you made and that you are still making to improve this game.

BTW, what do you mean with Storm changing directions? Is it still in development? There hasn't been any word on it for a long time now.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:52:02 pm by Mr Killer »

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »
For some time it was on the table if Storm2D could be Soldat 2 but then it was too different from Soldat for the community to accept it as a successor.
Yes it is still in development. Roland is still working on it afaik.
Rules

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2015, 04:58:46 pm »
Why no IRC integration??  It's pretty well known public and the competitive players (whats left of them) are worlds away.  A simple IRC tab with preset gather/relevant channels would be a huge priority in my opinion.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »
We had that once, people didn't use it. Why should they use it? Hint: they shouldn't, there are better irc clients.
Rules

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2015, 04:18:23 pm »
How is having an IRC tab a bad thing.  Most of us would probably still use mIRC or whatever, but for newer players or public players I think it would be a good idea.  90% dont know gathers even exist.

Obviously you haven't tried to get a public player to try to join a gather.  It's a hassle
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:39:14 pm by Ussocom »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2015, 04:38:25 pm »
How is having an IRC tab a bad thing. Preset  channels and clan channels gathers, w/e people would see the activity and get interested.

Obviously you haven't tried to get a public player to try to join a gather.  It's a hassle

No one used it so it was ripped out of the code when Shoozza took over Soldat dev from EnEsCe back in the day. And how hard is it to tell a public player to go to https://www.mibbit.com/ and connect to #sna.gather or wherever from the web UI?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2015, 04:40:02 pm »
Well your point is pretty invalid because you dont play,  or have even tried (recently).

they just wont.

and many will vouch for this.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »
Well your point is pretty invalid because you dont play,  or have even tried (recently).

they just wont.

and many will vouch for this.

You're saying my point is invalid because the average public player is too stupid to use IRC? Condescending, much?
There are other worlds than these