Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making > Modding Ideas / General Discussions

[New Default Graphics] - Pickup Kits feedback thread

(1/7) > >>

L[0ne]R:
I've made new graphics for all of the pickup kits (medkits, grenades, bonuses) which I hope will get included in the next version of Soldat along with the new weapon graphics. I need your opinions and feedback.

Here's a little preview:

What exactly changed:
- Resized all pickup kits' textures to 9x9, which, I believe, is the native size for *x480 resolution in which Soldat renders the map and all the objects on it. This should slightly improve kit rendering and reduce aliasing.
- Redrew each kit from scratch to make them a bit more clear (though they still appear jagged due to low resolution and lack of AA).

Make sure you do the following when using this mod:
- Make a backup of your Soldat folder so you can easily restore original graphics if you want.
- Go to Soldat -> Options, and in the left half of the screen look for a setting called "Bonuses: Frequency". Set it to 5 so you don't have to wait too long for bonus kits to spawn.
- Download the Test Range map as it contains spawns for all kits placed close to each other in an easily viewable area.

v0.1 - first prototype, all icons are 9x9 pixels.
v0.2 - higher resolution icons (16x16), made grenades and vest more vibrant, and completely new berserker kit .

Bistoufly:
Great job!

homerofgods:
I'm sorry but I think it looks ugly, it's as if the colors are washed off.
The only one I remotely liked was the flamer

and I think what I liked about it was that it is a square box but has a circle inside with flames in it. So you can only see the flaming icon inside this circle, if you know what I mean..
I think I also might like the 'woodeness' of the box

By the way there might be a problem.
You used 9x9 while the default is 16x16, but I don't see any difference ingame:

duz:
F11 :(

L[0ne]R:

--- Quote from: duz on October 31, 2014, 05:34:02 pm ---F11 :(

--- End quote ---
I could use a bit more info than that. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version