Author Topic: Supine position  (Read 24561 times)

Offline BKT

• Major
Re: Supine position
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:01 am »
You implied it

No.

Don't put words in my mouth, %%%%%%%
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:06:17 am by BKT »
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 04:08:00 am »
Yup, you're right, BKT. You beat me.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
― Mark Twain

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 04:08:09 am »
Jesus Christ. You bashing BKT for what you actually doing. Not at all; he essentially put words in my mouth for no reason but to cause drama, whereas I am merely rebutting fallacious arguments
 You behave like this supine position is your own child and you need to protect it with your own life Don't exaggerate. And I made this supine suggestion thread, so of course I'm going to be a proponent for it, post to that end, and defend my stance against unfair nonconstructive criticism, libel, and lies. If I didn't care about the suggestion enough to defend it from such, then I never would have made it at all.
and no matter of what you need to say that is amazing and needed. No it's not needed. I never once said "Soldat needs supine"; again, there you go putting words in my mouth. I simply said supine position should be added to the game and that it's a mistake not to add it.
It's just fancy position that have no real benefits in sold at game.Not true at all; besides, how would you know that if it's never been added in Soldat. Prejudice is unbecoming.

As I said before look at in in more wider perspective than your own nose. And ask yourself why it was not implemented ?Probably because after it was initially overlooked, devs didn't care about some suggestions (see the old thread on the same topic, for example)
Because it's useless if you think about it longer. Wrong. It's about as useful for defense and accuracy as prone is for offense and accuracy. You're spewing crap and presenting them as facts, no proof.
There is initial woe effect of how cool it is but then if you have brain you realize that its cool only on screen shoots or games that have bullet time or are not that dynamic like sold at where typical match is a brutal chaos. Does prone have an initial wow effect but then doesn't fit Soldat's gameplay? It's literally as dynamic as prone, what don't you get

And my point about mentioned movements?
Point is, that Im trying to think about it before start whining that it need to be implemented. There is lots of nice ideas for soldat but half of them are hard to implement and are not priority and other beside cool look are useless in every way... Just like this supine position. Hard to implement: wrong. Useless other than looking cool: wrong. Again, it's an inverted prone, shouldn't be this difficult for you to understand.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:39:48 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 04:29:17 am »
I don't get how do you equate

you behave ...

which is what I did imply, to

you say ...

???

Maybe I should heed Mark Twain wise word in regard to this ...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
― Mark Twain
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:33:05 am by BKT »
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:12 am »
I don't get how do you equate
you behave ...
which is what I did imply, to
you say ...
???

Nice try, you said
you presenting your idea like it was such an extraordinary idea that nobody could ever thought of before
which implies that I think it's such.

It doesn't matter, though. I'm done with you; trying to make you understand something is impossible.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:51 am »
There is just no point to discuss it with you.... :/

No matter what someone say you still gonna mention that its just a prone, technically confirming our point that its not needed.

And in the same way you gonna mention that ""its the same like prone was useless"" without even thinking that prone is basic move and this matrix trick is not.

You gonna now drag old topic from 2007 saying it was mentioned loots of time...(no comment)

You gonna cry that we put words in your mouth. No we dont, we see how you write about it and that how it look. deal with it.

You still think that its so simple like reversing prone... if we would think like that we could say that changing small car to tank is just matter or resizing it... No f comment about that either.

You think that it would be ""useful for defense and accuracy as prone"" not seeing how stupid this is because It cant be accurate at all(you fly and you have your legs on line of fire)

For us maybe its ""difficult to understand"" your point, but for you its difficult to understand that its not so simple like reversing prone, and in wider perspective its not that cool and you think.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:42:53 am by Akinaro »

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 04:54:03 am »
There is just no point to discuss it with you.... :/
No matter what someone say you still gonna mention that its just a prone, technically confirming our point that its not needed.
And in the same way you gonna mention that ""its the same like prone was useless"" without even thinking that prone is basic move and this matrix trick is not.
You gonna now drag old topic from 2007 saying it was mentioned loots of time...(no comment)
You gonna cry that we put words in your mouth. No we dont, we see how you write about it and that how it look. deal with it.
You still think that its so simple like reversing prone... if we would think like that we could say that changing small car to tank is just matter or resizing it... No f comment about that either.
You think that it would be ""useful for defense and accuracy as prone"" not seeing how stupid this is because It cant be accurate at all(you fly and you have your legs on line of fire)
For us maybe its ""difficult to understand"" your point, but for you its difficult to understand that its not so simple like reversing prone, and in wider perspective its not that cool and you think.

1. I didn't say "it's just a prone" (thereby making it redundant and unneeded); I said it's to defense/retreating & accuracy as prone is to offense/attacking & accuracy.
2. If prone is a basic move, this is too. Stop misrepresenting it by saying "matrix trick".
3. You did put words in my mouth, even in your last post (see 1.)
4. It is, more or less, as simple as prone, code-wise, and inverting prone, graphics-wise.
5. By "accuracy", I mean that prone and supine would have similar Movement acc effect in WM. Also, your legs wouldn't be in your line of fire, because you spread your legs when shooting from supine position.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:37:15 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:31 am »
BTW ...

... and defend my stance against unfair nonconstructive criticism, libel, and lies.

I lol'd  ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:07:29 am by BKT »

Make sense...

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:55 am »
To clarify, this is the "matrix trick(s)" that Akinaro equated with supine position: https://youtu.be/ggFKLxAQBbc?t=26

And this is actual supine position shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62JHtpqlg7Q&feature=youtu.be&t=61
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:11:40 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 05:59:57 am »
BTW ...

... and defend my stance against unfair nonconstructive criticism, libel, and lies.

I lol'd  ;D

The same... :D

In every post %%%%%%% make he just point out what we are talking about here...

Even this video you posted show clearly how useless this move is... compared to just prone...and shoot.

Also I have no idea why the hell you posted this matrix movie... you realize that saying "matrix move" I mean fly supine move like matrix/Max Payne  you putted on your first post not dodge move...

Seriously there is no point of writing anything here anymore... its useless, because every constructive & thoughtfuly post we make you turn to shouting "but its coool move! u no know nothing! its simpleee"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:05:46 am by Akinaro »

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 06:59:35 am »
Sorry, didn't realize you edited your post:

Even this video you posted show clearly how useless this move is... compared to just prone...and shoot.
This is very subjective. Moreover, unless you've been in combat/went to war (like I did), you're not qualified enough to make that claim. They each have their uses in different combat situations.

Also I have no idea why the hell you posted this matrix movie... you realize that saying "matrix move" I mean fly supine move like matrix/Max Payne  you putted on your first post not dodge move...
Can you blame me? You said "matrix trick"; that dodge scene is what most people would think you mean by saying that.

Seriously there is no point of writing anything here anymore... its useless, because every constructive & thoughtfuly post we make you turn to shouting "but its coool move! u no know nothing! its simpleee"
Show me your constructive and thoughtful posts.
And, there you go, putting words in my mouth again; I never once stated that it should be added because "it's a cool move", like some fanboy. It's just a movement, as simple as proning, crouching, and jumping, and is as "cool" as any of those. I said it should be added because it's a no-brainer that should've logically been added alongside its brother (i.e. prone), fits the gameplay, and would add depth to movement, especially in aerial combat.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:02:06 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2016, 07:29:30 am »
Moreover, unless you've been in combat/went to war (like I did), you're not qualified enough to make that claim. They each have their uses in different combat situations.

hahahahahhahahhahaha.... oh men I almost pissed my self from laughing xD

Like most of Polish citizens born in 80 I had military training, so you dont need to say such funny things, because I seriously have no idea what military training have to do WITH F  GAME. I repeat my self: <<GAME>>.
Dont compare Soldat to real life scenerios because, guess what? in real life we dont have boot jets, we dont do backflips and we cant jump 10m.
Also In real life, if you really had military training, you would know that such moves are not that efficient and are just useless when you are under the enemy fire. Its all about cover and orientation in area. its not GAME, when you act like kamikaze-rambo. So stop comparing it to real life, its a GAME.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2016, 07:36:39 am »
Then you'd know they each have their uses, especially when you factor in the jet-boots.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 01:35:37 pm »
Here's something to ponder — There was a time that there's no backflip (and it's bastard child, dubbed 'cannonball', or as I called it, the 'Blanka roll'  ;D)

The motion that you perform to execute the backflip move (from ground, jump backward and hold key + jet) would be a perfect fit and a natural way to perform this surpine position move thing if such move were to be added.

But instead of that, we get the backflip. Hmm, I wonder why...  ::)

Make sense...

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2016, 05:58:36 pm »
I would love to see a test server where we can test this stuff out. It's silly to just decide yes or no based on speculation alone.
I understand that it takes time to create, but perhaps a crude version of it, as well as other suggestions, could be added to some kind of test server in the future.

I love the idea of supine position. Also would be cool if jetting both back and forward didn't cause you to sink so much.

I'm trying to think of how this would cause any issues, and so far I can't. It seems like it's just worth trying.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:26:47 pm by Wes »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2016, 05:56:13 am »
It has to be implemented in client, not in the server, so if anything, there might be a beta client to try it out, not beta server.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2016, 08:02:57 pm »
Sorry Falcon, that makes more sense. I would love to see a beta client to test things like this out on : )

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »
4 pages of complaints and nothing concrete, additional key for supine position is just bad.

First of all let's talk about current prone position, if we will pass the cursor through red line it will be cancelled(I was always curious why... just lay yourself(in prone position) on the floor and try to look at your ceiling, possible? well, you are probably haunted)

I've always thought it's something like that...

Now let's change it to x axis

When the cursor is over red line we would be in supine position, when under we would be in prone position. Both positions would be cancelled and triggered only on pressing X key, if you would be in straight position then y axis would determine the direction you will be flying after pressing X(just like in current Soldat). If u would like to make supine position while retreating with flag(running to the right) just look to the right -> press X(+activate jet) -> now look to the left side and move your cursor over yourself.

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2016, 10:17:40 pm »
Nice Savage, I love it!!

I was thinking that two keys would be fine, but honestly that looks like a really fluid way to design it! Really would be cool to try it out.

This is confusing the hell out of me, and I had to edit this a million times.

With the above model, how does one approach an enemy with his feet first?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:27:11 pm by Wes »

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2016, 06:19:09 am »
With the above model, how does one approach an enemy with his feet first?

What do you mean exactly cause I don't get it.