Author Topic: Think Simplicity  (Read 986 times)

Offline Stormleaf

• Major(1)
Think Simplicity
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:22:18 pm »
Alright, as a Soldat lover, I simply cannot bare to watch this game not getting its fullest credits for reaching such a high potential. What I mean is there just isn't enough people playing this game. I love  this game but it's been a long time since anything had been changed at all (except maybe a new chat tab, and couple bug fixes?)

People these days crave for simplicity as we all know. This is why Apple is slowly growing under Microsoft. Even Microsoft now is copying Apple's way of pursuing simplicity. When ever I get someone to play Soldat with me, they are confused by the game because there's too many options and some options are just useless.

What people are looking for:
-Simple and appealing Main Menu->Give them a easy and attractive main menu so they don't have to waste 30 mins to find out how this game functions before they play. I mean, what are features for if no one uses it right?
-Directional Interface->Takes them to where they want to go and not where they might end up.
-Tutorials->Guide them through the controls
-Organization->Put things in the correct category for example, people often look for controls in the options tab, people don't know where to find their added favorite servers.

I thank all who contributed in making this game. But not everyone is a hardcore computer knower. So when designs are implemented, you have to be empathetic.

You have to know what people know instead of expecting them to know what you know. lol

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Think Simplicity
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:31:20 pm »
I think we all agree that Simplicity is good, options are also good. soldat has both.
It's a shame that the official trailer contest went to the desert to get some water, it could have brought more people.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:33:29 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Stormleaf

• Major(1)
Re: Think Simplicity
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40:47 pm »
yeah obviously you would say it has simplicity because you played it, just as you have played with Windows XP. Because you are used to the hundreds and thousands of options you think it is simple, but to a new computer user they would prefer something that looks like this: as oppose to this:

lol no offense to xp users but you got to admit, mac is simple.