Author Topic: Bot Command buttons  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
Bot Command buttons
« on: October 22, 2008, 04:19:56 pm »
hey, im wondering how tough would it be to give the player some bot commands? like when u press "H", the bots will move to where ur cursor is at. or something like "hold position" command would be really helpful, and add a lot more to the singleplayer game. im just wondering, but i know that it would only really be useful in singleplayer and offline.
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
Re: Bot Command buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 05:13:18 pm »
This would probably involve a whole rewrite of the way bots move around, and would only delay more important features.

F11
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:21:34 pm »
I like this idea, but Bisciuteer is right.
And the don't-suggest list says "no improvement in bots behaviour", unfortunately. (However i don't know why they don't want any improvements, even the ones easy to implement...)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 06:00:06 am »
F11. This game is about capturing flags and killing. If you introduce squad systems, it will lose the soldatness we have all come to know and love. There should be a line in the DO NOT SUGGEST list of "Try not to make topics to make soldat realistic"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:01:57 am by Gnoblar »

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:00:13 am »
That's too complicated.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 08:31:34 am »
There should be a line in the DO NOT SUGGEST list of "Try not to make topics to make soldat realistic"

If Soldat developers had followed such a guideline ("don't make Soldat realistic"), there would never be realistic mode and probably some other stuff, which is now appreciated by the community. Hundreds of people play in realistic mode, and I think many of them like realistic mode more than normal mode (for example me and my friends).

Offline Rreaper

• Major(1)
  • In-game ID: Reaper
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »
this is an awesome idea, and to give squad commands like in ghost warfighter 2 or Star wars republic commando
only a noob would do this [socom] [retard]

http://m00.enesce.com/ go to it and support m00`or M79 rounds fall on your house >:D

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:12:23 pm »
You could make it like the SWAT 3 bot command system, but the Soldat files are already complicated enough, and adding more stuff would just cause more bugs, making more time needing to be wasted fixing them. Version 1.5 is an example of this; when new stuff was added, it made some bugs.
Anyone play KOL?