Poll

What do you say for clans support coming from game mechanics?

Damn yes!
Oh, no, no, no, no...
Hmm, interesting, but I'd change some ideas.

Author Topic: Clan tags and clan system?  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
Clan tags and clan system?
« on: November 11, 2014, 03:57:29 pm »
Did you notice, that since 2010 number of clans, especially on public servers is constantly regressing?
New and not so new games are supporting gathering players in clans and guilds. Devs project gameplays in way giving players more profits from being part of group.

My preposition? Clan database. Every clan would have own, standardizated and hard assigned tag and stats - kills dealed by all the members, deaths, k/d. Players won't be writing into nick their tags. Let's see:
- I get into clan <XYZ> or <ABC>
- Clan <XYZ>, in database, would have players Player1, Player2, and Player3.
- In the database my id/nick/ip is getting assigned to clan <XYZ>
- Now clan <XYZ> contains players Player1, Player2, Player3 and Izzy.
- When I connect to the internet, the game automatically update informations about my membership (and "local" player info, for e.g. nickname change)
- In Player menu there is only my nick - Izzy. The tag is assigned separately.
- In upper row in menu there would be "Clans" tab with clans rank. Rank would be actually just a list (like in-game F1) with options of sorting by kills, deaths, k/d.

Advantages of playing in clans? Maybe extra points in ctf/inf? For e.g. Player1 (P1) and Player2 (P2)... <XYZ>P1 and <XYZ>P2 play in Alpha. P1 catches blue flag, runs, gets killed. P2 grabs the flag from him and caps. The flag was touched only by P1 and P2, so the cap was done within the clan. Points for cap goes not only to P2, but also to P1.
It's just example.

What do you think?
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
Re: Clan tags and clan system?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »
pointless, totally waste of precious developers time
Classic banana

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »
Would be more interresting if we had an account system

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:56:54 pm »
you're talking about a utopian world, my friend. It ain't gonna happen. However, i do like the idea of having an account system

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:28:03 am »
Arent curt and currywurst still working on SGAS?

Im chill like that

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 12:49:57 pm »
lel, a good majority of people on IRC were in favor of the old account system, but I guess the publicers disliked it. I remember some whining about how difficult it was to use (although it had some flaws) and how they like the old 'just click and enter' system.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 04:12:50 pm »
lel, a good majority of people on IRC were in favor of the old account system, but I guess the publicers disliked it. I remember some whining about how difficult it was to use (although it had some flaws) and how they like the old 'just click and enter' system.
Being a pubby I liked that system and was disappointed to see it removed, but I understand why some people didn't like the mandatory registration process. It might have worked out better if it was optional.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 04:28:01 pm »
It wasn't removed. Enesce made it, and the code was lost when he went

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 06:40:46 am »
Iirc it was half implemented in the code base we got (we didn't the latest version of the code) so it was easier to remove it than to add it.
It also used internet explorer for the login stuff.

I don't think we need a account/clan system now (maybe later though)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 06:41:21 am »
@Bonecrusher:

Yes, the SGAS team is still alive.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:38 pm »

Yeah, such as we don't need anything new in Soldat obviously.

No new visuals, no new sounds, no new website, no account system, no stats, no campaign, no tutorial, no HD maps, no community integration, no new menu GUI, no new scoreboard

JESUS CHRISTUS
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 03:19:23 pm »
man up, shoozza

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »
@darDar: It is always nice to see differentiated opinions such as yours. You sound like one of those German scaredy-pants who tremble with fear that Germany will turn muslim whenever anything traditional - especially catholic holidays and such - is renamed into something neutral. Shoozza stating that he does not see a system for clans as a priority right now does not mean that it will not happen at all, or that he would not love to have such a feature. You guys simply don't see the whole fucking picture and run around complaining like spoiled children who don't get their icecream.

tl;dr

man up, guys

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »
maybe later i'll read that paragraph of yours

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 05:58:49 am »
I would love to see such thing, but simple as possible.

Even only simple counter: How much do you played how much map you download/played, K/D and it could be even local data, stored on PC and it would be just another tab in menu, even hiden one, like keyboard combination(shift+s or something)

You guys simply don't see the whole fucking picture and run around complaining like spoiled children who don't get their icecream.

As far as I read forum I see that for past few years you have your "whole fucking picture" dream nothing more.
Maybe they/we are spoiled but you are dumb as fuck because you dont see that you spend past few years on writing the same thing... and what you get is just few new bugs/fix to complain.

new version=new bug=new topic to discuss and that how you roll for past years.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 07:58:07 am »

Yeah, such as we don't need anything new in Soldat obviously.

No new visuals, no new sounds, no new website, no account system, no stats, no campaign, no tutorial, no HD maps, no community integration, no new menu GUI, no new scoreboard

JESUS CHRISTUS
Please stop derailing this thread. I answered a similar question of yours in another thread already. I don't think I need to repeat myself here.

man up, shoozza
maybe later i'll read that paragraph of yours
I think it's about time you move on and leave this forum Adam. Trolls are not welcome here - Perm Banned.
EDIT: If someone wants to discuss the ban please use PMs and don't post in this thread.

@DarkCrusade @Balrog please don't make this thread into a flamewar thread. Please use PMs and keep this thread clean.

Even only simple counter: How much do you played how much map you download/played, K/D and it could be even local data, stored on PC and it would be just another tab in menu, even hiden one, like keyboard combination(shift+s or something)
This sounds like a different proposal and does belong in another thread.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:13:07 am by Shoozza »
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:10 am »
No its not sound like different proposal because you can use those stats in clan discussion. Offline stats are welcome in clans just like any other stats system. Because why people need stats? To brag about it, and any stats are welcome here.

And how we can stop derailing this thread? Maybe we stop playing this game because devs dont like dealing with new stuff and want to just make another 10 years long plan to putt something new and fresh to this game. I was hoping to find something new and fresh in forum and all I got is bunch of people that have no idea what really they want to do.

There is so much Ideas here and everytime people that something what they hear? Meh... we can't... cool, but no... we have better(no ide) ideas. For God sake its not NASA rocket launch program, its fucking 2D game that is almost 12 years old.

And if code of this game is so messed up like you say, maybe you better start helping with eg, Storm2D that for gods sake is made by probably 2-3 people and still they manage to make more than you all in past few years!

Its hurt you that people write it so often? thats good. Maybe then you gonna see what you need to do to make better game and get more players.

Or maybe you gonna ban all of us because you like to listen only applause because you show new version to make this forum alive for few weeks?

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 09:14:41 am »
I think it's about time you move on and leave this forum Adam. Trolls are not welcome here - Perm Banned.
EDIT: If someone wants to discuss the ban please use PMs and don't post in this thread.
Sorry, just saw the edit; why should we not discuss the ban within the thread, when the ban originated due to a post that was directly related to the thread itself?

It's compartmentalization in an effort to minimize transparency and discussion, and the opposing views therein.

In short, not a good look.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:20:13 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:26 am »
@Balrog you might find some stats program/script in Fan Apps List

@% The ban has nothing to do with the topic.

I understand why you are all so frustrated, we love soldat but unfortunately it's developing process is going slow. Shoozza is doing all that he can because he loves soldat as much as anyone, but the devs are only doing this on their freetime for no pay at all. The reason why he has to say no is that other things are way more important, and giving how few devs there are we can't possibly do it all.

It's a good thing that you want soldat to be more than it is now, but before you post, reconsider if you're actually contributing with anything or if you are just complaining.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:46:39 am by homerofgods »

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
well, as far as I see, everyone who made something: UI, GUI ideas graphic, Maps remakes was bashed to the ground with just another text like: not now, cool but not, meh... we need more opinion etc etc.
So how to you see contribution if you got such replay? Because as a users we have no other way than posting mockups and maps/mods.

For you its complaining, for other is another site of this discussion. Or you thought that everytime you gonna get OH! AH! because dev post something?

And of course I know that they work for free, but they should know that its not gonna be "Bed of roses" road, and people not always gonna love their work, and as you should see here, and especially in actual game on servers, people want changes in look of game. or maybe its team made by people that dont play anymore or play only sometimes on local servers? and because of that they dont see that even buggy gameplay with good look and feel is better than never ending fixing new bugs with 12years old look?

Probbably some dev/mod gonna block this discussion because its offtopic but still its better to give you know that its not good now, and people are tired of this waiting.