Author Topic: Clan Tags in Player Names  (Read 1940 times)

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
Clan Tags in Player Names
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:46:32 pm »
I would like it if clan names would show underneath a person's name when you put your cursor on a player (it currently only shows their name) and when you're following a player in spec.
Maybe have another heading in the Player tab, underneath "Player Name", that says "Player Clan(s)". This would allow you to input the full name, followed by the tag. When hovering over a player with your cursor, or following in spec, either the clan name or both the clan name and tag, would show.

This would serve to clean up clan tags from people's names and would allow people with multiple clans to list them all.

Offline Name

• Soldier
Re: Clan Tags in Player Names
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:40 pm »
I'm against this.

It could lead to certein players showing off how many clans they're in, which could make it seem like loyalty and dedication to one clan would make you inferior. It used to be a given thing that you didn't have more than one clan for a specific game mode and that you didn't represent more than one clan at once.
Also, I like how the clantags are naturally attached on the players' initiative and to their individual player names, without any game developer having to set anything up where to fill in which clan you're in. Soldat's succes (when it had success) was much thanks to the communities' tendancy to come up with things independantly of the game's developers. That goes for clans, for maps, for mods and for everything. Some things can simply work without having a certein and official space where to fill in your clan tag, where to do this and to do that.

Edit: Also just noticed the other thread on this subject. Remove?!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:41:55 pm by Name »