Author Topic: Soldat's epic mistake  (Read 3589 times)

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
Soldat's epic mistake
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:24:44 pm »
Simultaneous clamping of two keys "left and right" should cause the same response as the letting go of both. It is the alphabet of the genre action.  The present situation requires the latest seniority sandwiched direction button.  This is a fatal error.  This is an epic error This error corrupts the player's ability to accurately control the position of the character in the game. Correct this epic mistake "Soldier". If you value this game and its popularity you must correct the error.

Offline Name

• Soldier
Re: Soldat's epic mistake
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:58:58 pm »
This would be yet another excuse for breaking something which used to work perfectly fine.

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 02:21:20 am »
How did you get it ? That it is used to work perfectly ? Until Soldat 1.6.7  there was TOTALLY different and wrong solution. If you press both buttons player started to move right, it was idiocy lasted 12 year. Only now in 1.6.8 this idiocy started to be just wrong solution. Now in 1.6.8 if you press both button you will move in those direction which was pressed last. This is a just a huge mistake. Epic mistake. And it will never work at all in any case. And never was even more.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:54:04 am by raySniperLine »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:46:22 am »
Why are you so upset over something that no one else is even concerned about?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 03:05:18 am »
Now in 1.6.8 if you press both button you will move in those direction which was pressed last.

I don't think I've ever cared or noticed that it always makes you move to the right, but moving to whichever direction you last pressed sounds like significantly more intelligent behavior. Sounds like a bugfix to me.
There are other worlds than these

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 03:54:34 am »
Because none of the players do not have the slightest idea about the reason why one game becomes a hit and the other forgotten. The player is a player, he plays and does not ask too many questions "why". And the fact that he considers his opinion it is better not to tell anyone, because usually it's not so clever.  But at some point, the player stops playing the game or a lot of people stops playing the game and everything ends very sadly, especially if the game is online, the success of which depends on the number of players simultaneously playing. Soldat might now be a huge hit, but he is almost forgotten because of blindness in the most basic questions of the game mechanics. Every game has its own level of maximum possible level of quality for her, and Soldat is very far from that level. This is reflected in popularity, the number of players, on the game as a whole. Even at a rate of сommunity. There is now a lot of games like Soldat with low level quality, so people rune away from Soldat in to nothing and live Soldat forever. For online game it is a death. A little mistake can kill Soldat.  Why the game should die ?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:58:32 am »
There are much bigger issues with Soldat than pressing two opposite buttons at the same time. Why would anyone do that anyway? Newbies turn away due to bad graphics, and bugs like eating bullets..

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 07:05:50 am »
It is not a small problem. To play the game you see at first time you must control your character. And if you can not play a game in a good way, you will never found it out a reason "why", you just go away. So they do. Those who saw a Soldat at a first time they feel it very sensitively but will never say it or understand it. They just feel it and go away to play something better game, and go away.

So it is extremely important and for beginners  and for old gamers, because if you got totally wrong way control system you got a totally wrong game and defective gameplay. If you are old gamer and if you need to make some cool tricks this is extremely important. With out right control system all your cool experience means nothing. The game is totally wrong in a core. So in fact you play in a defective game.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:10:18 am by raySniperLine »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 07:25:39 am »
What the hell? I never had any issues with movement at any point of my experience with Soldat. Using backflips the proper way, and advanced movement - yes. But never with the basics. Oo

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 11:15:20 am »
You got no idea what the basic is. You got no sens on your body to feel it. Every experience in the Soldat you got is deeply in a core corrupt, so you got no single chance to find out how deep you are in "hall". You are a player, you will never understand or tumble to what the "f" is going on. To understand how deep in shit we are there is a good way to find you. One player plays with a right control system (pressing both keys left-right cause the same reaction as switching off both triggers left-right) and another player plays with control system we got today. First one will blow up the second one, because his (first one) movements will be much more accurate and precision. Player will never understand it on a level of his consciousness, because in core level of our in game actions there is works our cerebellum. It is the same department of our brain which is responsible for our walk or for driving a bike. So you never understand what is going on if you are not in a theme. You never got before this level of accuracy in your Soldat experience, so you got no chance to got the knowledge about a problem you already got.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:25:10 am by raySniperLine »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 11:43:16 am »
Are you sure you are feeling alright? I have never heard anyone complain about this issue, and I have been playing Soldat for a good 8 years now. You push a weird line of arguments for an issue so little that it is outshined by all the bugs that significantly impact the current gameplay.

But you can still put it up on Soldat's bugtracker which I am linking here.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 01:51:46 pm »
who cares :-) works fine as it is and i believe your way would break it. I hold both keys down a lot to keep going or to change direction quickly, I don't want to stop!
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 02:30:01 pm »
Actually, I think the gostek used to stop if pressing both directions (instead of running in the direction last pressed if on ground and the direction first pressed if in air). It's kind of the same difference as between jumping forwards and to keep pushing the jump key (thus stopping the leg movement and preparing a mid air backflip) or to release jump and just run forwards while in air. Most players would quickly adapt and hold their jump key a little longer instead of pressing both left and right, but I suppose it could've been a little easier if you also had the choice to stop the gostek's legs by pressing both directions.
However, it should be noted that this makes almost no, if any, difference in the game. Bad things have been done to Soldat's movement since 2009 but this particular change would be a very modest example.