Author Topic: Having trouble starting a LAN game.  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Yammy

• Major(1)
Having trouble starting a LAN game.
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:57:19 pm »
Hey everyone. Found this a while ago and reminded me of a game my friends and I used to play. Anyway, I redownloaded it the other day because I got a new computer and I've been wanting to play with my wife but I'm having trouble hosting and finding a LAN game on either of our computers. I have LAN checked in the options, name it something specific, and then run my game as normal. She cannot see the game in the lobby. I tried hosting from hers and looking for the game on my computer but it's the same thing. I read in one comment somewhere on here that the LAN lobby rarely works and you have to type in the ip manually. However, I'm not sure where to find it. There's the little text box where it says server IP or whatever at the top of the join game screen, but that's the same for both of our computers. We messed with the ports but I'm still not sure they're forwarded correctly cause I don't have to forward ports very often. Anyone who knows anything, your help is appreciated and thanks everyone for your time.

DarkCrusade

Re: Having trouble starting a LAN game.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 02:48:08 am »
You need to download the dedicated server for Soldat, and run it on either of both machines. ;)