Author Topic: THD looking for testers  (Read 5619 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
THD looking for testers
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:47:50 pm »
Hey,

Some of you might already have heard of the company 'THD' (Transhuman Design) which was built on Soldat's success and which grew a lot in the past few years. MM (the creator of Soldat) made a very successful and great game called King Arthur's Gold and now there are more games to follow. Right now there are a few games being developed by THD.

- Soldat (released & in development)
- King Arthur's Gold (released & in development)
- Butcher (released & in development)
- Trench Run (private test-release)
- Storm2D (public test-release)
- Transmigration: Into Darkness Peering (no release)

Most of the games are developed by different development groups and there is a lot of stuff which needs to be tested.

As a tester you usually:

- test the game
- report bugs
- give suggestions and feedback

You might also:

- create user content (mods, scripts)
- possibly help with coding or script related stuff (e.g for official mods)
- do anything else which might help the game

King Arthur's Gold:

The game was released quite a while ago but it's still in development and there are a lot of balance related tweaks made.
www.kag2d.com

Butcher:

A game developed by s-m-k
You can play it in your browser from here: https://butcher.thd.vg/

Trench-Run:

A game developed by MM & Geti.
Reporting bugs, giving suggestions and participating in testing sessions with the devs can be one of your tasks.
There is no test version avaible yet but you can access it as a tester.

Storm2D:

A game developed by RolandB
Sequel to Soldat, which is being worked on really active and hard.
Reporting bugs, giving suggestions and participating in testing sessions with the devs can be one of your tasks.

Get the test-build from: here

As said above:
There are testers needed for each of the games. You should enjoy to find and report bugs and to give suggestions. You have a great chance to work with the game developers here and you can enjoy the current and upcoming games already now.
There is an IRC channel with all the testers and devs too stay in touch and of course the forums.

If you are interested  to be added to the testing team or have any question just leave them in here as a reply or as a PM. Please don't sign up if you have no interests in really contributing.

*contributing = not just a day.

For further information for each game you can also check the THD blog at: www.thd.vg

Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Re: THD looking for testers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
Why there was not promotion of Butcher on this forums? It looks and plays good :)

P.S.
1. Wheel up/down (weapon change) doesn't work in Firefox 36.0.1
2. Mouse pointer stays visible in-game.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »
Why there was not promotion of Butcher on this forums? It looks and plays good :)

P.S.
1. Wheel up/down (weapon change) doesn't work in Firefox 36.0.1
2. Mouse pointer stays visible in-game.

We just don't promote it yet as it's side project of one of the developers. I don't think that reporting bugs here is a good idea. Anyway, web version of butcher is kind of "demo" version of what Butcher will be when it will get released. If I'm not mistaken it will be released as standalone.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:25 pm »
Is there an explenation to the name "Transhuman Design"?

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:56:40 am »
THD = MM. Transhuman as in Transhumanism - improving human beings with technology.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Ricrylonten

• Major
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 08:48:09 am »
Transmigration looks like it's gonna be so goddamn cool, pity there's not more information about it. Butcher and Trench-Run look really great as well. Anyone willing and able to help speed or improve the development of these games is a hero in my eyes 8)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 11:13:21 am »
Interesting. I might post later if I want to consider helping test. I would probably want to contribute to this cause.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »
You're all guys welcome to help.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:51 am »
Soldat (released & in development)

in development by THD?

i don't think so, unless shoozza is part of this

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:16 pm »
Soldat (released & in development)

in development by THD?

i don't think so, unless shoozza is part of this

As said above; There are different groups of developers working on each project and the soldat dev team does also belong to THD. Although they might not be participating in other projects just in the same way as Roland doesn't work on Trench-Run or Geti doesn't work on Butcher. However, some devs help out in 'foreign' THD projects. e.g.: Geti made the new explosions for Storm2D and offered to help out with Soldat's visuals.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 04:13:55 am »
As said above; There are different groups of developers working on each project and the soldat dev team does also belong to THD. Although they might not be participating in other projects just in the same way as Roland doesn't work on Trench-Run or Geti doesn't work on Butcher. However, some devs help out in 'foreign' THD projects. e.g.: Geti made the new explosions for Storm2D and offered to help out with Soldat's visuals.

And then there are people like Me, Ryan, and Furai who butt in and provide random support to all groups as needed.

That said, Soldat is mostly "segregated" from the rest of THD as apparently only Shoozza (and his crew, our inactive devteam) wants to work on it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:17:49 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 10:39:16 am »
THD = MM. Transhuman as in Transhumanism - improving human beings with technology.
I did look up the word "transhuman" the other day and I do realise that names can be somewhat far out, but I'm still interested in how it relates to Soldat if there is some kind of connection.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 12:04:21 pm »
I did look up the word "transhuman" the other day and I do realise that names can be somewhat far out, but I'm still interested in how it relates to Soldat if there is some kind of connection.
WE HAVE JETS, DUDE. JETS IS TECHNOLOGY.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 03:04:14 pm »
What about the maps without jet pack?

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »
WE'RE STILL WEARING THE JETPACK SHOES, MAN; IT'S JUST THAT LAGRANGE IS SUPER MUDDY AND THE MUD GETS IN AND CLOGS UP THE SHOES' FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM.

IT'S SCIENCE, DUDE.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 09:44:50 pm »
WE'RE STILL WEARING THE JETPACK SHOES, MAN; IT'S JUST THAT LAGRANGE IS SUPER MUDDY AND THE MUD GETS IN AND CLOGS UP THE SHOES' FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM.

IT'S SCIENCE, DUDE.
You deserves a trophy!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 04:56:46 pm »
Is there an explenation to the name "Transhuman Design"?

Transhumanism is the movement towards becoming a better human. Much like the philosophy of the Overman/Uberman. However transhumanism achieves this with the use of technology. I see computer games as an important tool that can aid us in evolution and the development of our consciousness.
Transhuman Design’s goal is to aid everybody in their evolution by providing experiences that make them better, faster, stronger and more conscious human beings.
By playing games you can become a better woman or man. You can have experiences you would never have had in your normal waking life. You can become faster by playing games - think faster and have better reflexes. You can become stronger in your will and your logic. You can learn the joy of competitiveness and the usefulness of collaboration.
Games are a gym for the mind. A gym that can be shared with people from around the world from all cultures. The ultimate lesson games provide is that all of humanity is sewed from the same cloth. We all like fun, we all have the same emotions when playing good games. This is what unites us all and what games can teach us.
The challenge is to create such experiences that provide emotions in an impactful way, whether it is joy, sadness, happiness, fear or love. Transhuman Design strives to spark these emotions by making better games everyday. This is what makes us and people that play our games better humans. This is how we become - Transhuman.

^
That's MM's words.

gather.soldat.pl

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 03:21:24 am »
The ultimate lesson games have taught me was that games cannot, and will not substitute reality, and my time spent with gaming would have been of better use had I used it for an actual 'brain gym' such as school, reading books, or doing anything not related to a virtual reality.

Of course, I mean no offense to anyone, but then again, I have never seen anyone, or heard of anyone who's mind surged into new-found astrological heights from gaming. :P

I see gaming as a nice time-waster, but a time-waste it is nonetheless.

(runs off playing Pokemon xD)

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »
Well, you do practice things like reaction time and certein types of focus. Quickly being able to read certein situations and acting to your advantage. This can also be combined with elements of strategy, which can be healthy exercise for the mind aswell as fun. Gaming can also be stimulating while recovering from physical exhaustion or eating and it can even satisfy mild and natural levels of aggression. It really does do good.

However, transhuman sounds like something else to me. I might not want to be part of any experimentation or to have anything unnatural done to my body.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:35:45 pm by Name »