Author Topic: jrgp Australian Servers  (Read 4714 times)

Offline WhiteWolf

• Major(1)
jrgp Australian Servers
« on: March 22, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »
Hey jrgp!

Firstly i would like to say thankyou for hosting some australian servers. Since aussoldat died off a long while ago we have been trying to establish connection to get some servers running (but gamearena austral etc do not host australia anymore)

I am talking to the aussoldat community on getting active again and already a few are keen and reinstalling the game, but couple things i wanted to ask
1) will you be running these on a more permanent basis?
2) are you able to change the settings on the CTF server to affilliate with proper sctfl settings - no turrets - no special nades - max nades - max player cap, all official to proper CTF rules etc

:)
WhiteWolf

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: jrgp Australian Servers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:37:18 pm »
Hey jrgp!

Firstly i would like to say thankyou for hosting some australian servers. Since aussoldat died off a long while ago we have been trying to establish connection to get some servers running (but gamearena austral etc do not host australia anymore)

I am talking to the aussoldat community on getting active again and already a few are keen and reinstalling the game, but couple things i wanted to ask
2) are you able to change the settings on the CTF server to affilliate with proper sctfl settings - no turrets - no special nades - max nades - max player cap, all official to proper CTF rules etc

:)
WhiteWolf

What if I just set up 2 or so CTF servers for you for free and give you access? I'm happy to provide complementary services in a place where there aren't many other hosts.

These should already be 24/7.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:40:12 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline WhiteWolf

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02:17 am »
Hey mate

so i had a big chat to the aussoldat crew and got heaps of them keen to get back into things, we want to get a gatherbot sorted in our #ausgather channel on quakenet, if you could give me access to a ctf server so we could link the gathers to it that would be fantastic!

I'm not an expert on coding however so I'm getting spiltcoffe or tmtgr to help with the bot setup from our old scripts, spilt said he would set the bot up if we get access to a server :) feel free to join the #ausgather irc channel if u wanted to check things out for updates.

Hopefully then it will give the aussoldat crew a boost to rise from the shadows and stop dying from invisible bullets in 300+ ping eu servers xD

Wolf

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:43:11 am »
omg the kangaroos are rising from the dead?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:12:57 pm »
omg the kangaroos are rising from the dead?

No. MM pays me to run official KAG and other servers for THD in EU and US and also AU, which is why I have presence in AU and also run soldats there.

WhiteWolf I'll hit up that irc channel later.
There are other worlds than these