Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.9b1 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 24047 times)

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.9b1 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 11:58:51 am »
a steam release might be the only thing that could give this game life once the game gets polished and ready

Heh, had to correct your statement. I just don't feel like putting 10 years old (or more) ugly game on steam is the way to redemption. Some of the bugs have to be fixed, weapons balanced, code rewritten to get the game more stable, gui reworked and graphics polished before it hits the steam. The game gotta look fresh to regain its glory and then maybe get back to competitive scene. I'd definitelly love popular competitive 2D shooter and soldat is the best candidat but it's not "trendy" enough :D. I don't want to change mechanics much or change the game into a colourful monster, a kitsch. The game just shall get more up-to-datish.

That's how I feel it. If only that happened anytime soon.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate.  For long term an anti cheat is a good idea especially gearing towards a competitive community.  Soldat is on its last legs, and to make a last stand you're right making this game look more modern is a big thing.  Even without upgrading the gui, a GOOD mod (used as default) with redone everything (textures, weapons, sounds, everything) would be enough to buy us some time.  It's pretty crazy what just changing a mod can do.  When I switch from default to the original cell shaded mod its like playing another game, literally.  Basically setting up soldats default as something pretty or something new players would like.  Everyone on here already has there custom mod they've used for years ready to load so we shouldn't care. 

Re-doing the netcode at this point would be asking for a little much.  I actually like 'EATS' lol, it adds another variation to game play lolol.  But honestly I don't really even notice them anymore.  Sometimes I get stuck on a poly but big deal, I don't think that's a game breaker...

Soldat is unique it's what kept me staying here.  It's interesting in the sense, nothing is up-gradable everyone has access to the same weapons- yet everyone has different play-styles.  There are movement bugs, boosting?? the team play.. the list goes on lol.  That should be highlighted with some kind of hyped out video haha.

IRC integration with preset soldat/relevant channels is a MUST in my opinion as well.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 08:22:19 am »
I recently finished the SCTFL banner.gif loading code (was broken after server updates).

According to the bugtracker there are 4 bugs left to be fixed:
  • Unable to download other version of the map
  • Invisible shield
  • having 24 chars in game results in HWID fail
  • won't respawn in survival

The 24 chars HWID fail is a scripting issue on ExHunters server which I cannot investigate or fix. That means 3 more bugs till 1.6.9.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 04:06:09 am »
I'm afraid that the new version will not be released... People leave the dev team, very few people playing on public servers, In SCTFL played... 4 clans (!!!). It's really the end of the game.

But I hope that version 1.6.9 will be released.

Anyway... What about add SOLDAT to the STEAM platform?

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:59 am »
The new version will be released give it a few weeks...

As for Steam: Maybe when it works better on new pcs
Rules

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »
Can we please DELETE Votekick option?
Every day I saw people complaining( :'() because soldat is dying. There are 5 fucking server with players and still UNFAIR votekicks.
I can't tolerate this shit anymore guys. Please I hate being kicked for one hour just because kids decide to votekick without reason.
If you want no cheater in your fucking server, then be active on it and find some good admins. Votekick should be deleted.

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 03:35:58 am »
In the last week I saw 5 cheaters with teleport-hack and no-recoil in barrett. Everyone used "Soldat 1.6.8 hax by Rev".

I really want a 1.6.9 version...

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 08:20:03 am »
Haha Rev, that old bastard.
I saw the same situation, looks like his hack went viral. I hope it wasn't you bitchin about that ingame.

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 04:44:11 am »
As for Steam: Maybe when it works better on new pcs

Hurry up, Soldat need to hit the Steam to rescue our community. It is ill and dying. We have last - being optimistic - year to put it on Steam and charge servers with new players.

I feel like most of new players I meet on servers (more and more empty servers...) are just casuals, who found Soldat in net and taken it as a short-term adventure with "hipster old game". Play maximum 4 weeks and throw it away...
We need to pull into the game new radicals, maniacs, who will do fast-paced shootout like drugs, at least 4h daily.

All these things depend on game versions development. I'm not "demander", who sits and want to be pleased. I can make new gfx, if needed, but as you said, removing bugs and glitches (and improving protection against hax) is most important now.

Time's running, unfortunately.
If you watch JoeMonster, brainlessly scroll down muzzlebook, or watch stupid clips on YouTube, stop it.
Freelancer pro-tip: If you are starting work, you MUST end your free time. In order of this put your throusers on.
Future of Soldat community is in your hands.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:49:41 am by Izzy Rose (PL) »
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2015, 07:05:35 am »
I think MrBungle highlighted the right parts in this image on irc:

Most important is the next release. Thanks for the reminder.
Rules

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2015, 08:12:14 am »
What about 15 seems legit

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:37 am »
I vote that we remove intro
urraka

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 09:58:39 pm »
I vote that we remove intro

+1

Completely useless and gets in the way when I just want to play the game. Maybe just leave it disabled by default, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to enable it.
There are other worlds than these

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 11:48:08 pm »
I think MrBungle highlighted the right parts in this image on irc:

7, 11 - wat!? ???
12 - FACT!

5, though not highlighted, is also very true...
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 03:11:53 am »
1 - yup, I guess that it's caused with fact, that menu interface is "windows-like" and intro doesn't fit to it. It's not consistent.
2 - bullshit - look at LoL.
3 - ???
4 - Shit happens, Soldat has more than 10 years, it's natural that back then it was innovation in the genre.
5 - Because versions are builded very slow and I suppose that devs probably forget what they did last time when were sitting in compiler. It gives a impression of not detailed work on next versions.
6 - What tutorial?
7 - It's normal game for normal players, not for nowadays twats who can't handle the fact, that game hasn't "reload" popup during gameplay.
8 - Random situations are random. This game isn't linear, you can't rate it this way.
9 - ... What?
10 - Some sort of true. Today gamers have lust of rewards... I don't know what to do with that.
11 - Some sort of true also. To be good and play fluently on servers, you have to train quite long.
12 - Yup...
13 - What?
14 - Servers, you idiot, sessions you have in AA club. Shit happens, we know that servers are empty.
15 - It's complicated... But I have some idea!
16 - YES.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

DarkCrusade

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2015, 09:58:53 am »
Izzy, it is a list speaking of problems with games in general. Only the highlighted ones concern Soldat. :|

Offline rOy

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »
Hey guys

Soldat is a really DEAD :(

- no clans
- no climbers
- IRC (almost) dead

When will the new version? = still DEAD!

PS: my opinion

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2015, 02:02:31 pm »
Exactly. Where is this new version?

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2015, 07:55:40 am »
dont worry, the soldat beta team will take care of things, like they have in the past few years

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 05:05:20 am »
Soon.™
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2015, 01:55:18 pm »
Soon.™

May - 1.6.9 Soon
June - 1.6.9 Soon
July - 1.6.9 Soon
August - 1.6.9 Soon
September - 1.6.9 Soon

how long?