Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > Mapping Ideas / General Discussions

ctf_Confound

(1/2) > >>

Blacksheepboy:
I obviously haven't played Soldat in forever. My right mouse button is being screwy so it was hard to test the movement on this map. But regardless, what of it? I know it lacks the nice jet-friendly curves in the poly structure. I had the idea for the OPC polygon placement and kind of worked the map around that.

The OPC polygons are the blue ones.

homerofgods:
The dimensions of it seam ok. Looks easy enough to get to upper and lower route aswell.
The blue ones are only player collide, wich means you can shoot through them and throw flag. Maybe you can think about the placement of your OPC polygons in thoughts of gameplay. I think it's good though

Blacksheepboy:
Okay, I'll finish with scenery placement today. Thanks for the commendation.

homerofgods:
Small irregularity:

I can almost get stuck here:

Here too:

Texture and background is a bit booring.
Have you thought about what scenery is background and not? I play with 'Render background scenery' off

Viral:
Judging from the screenshots above you have pixelated the texture, try CTRL+A > CTRL+F to fix the texture resolution (not 100% sure - it might be homer's soldat resolution). It will break the mirrored texture effect aswell - another reson to do so. Also you have some obstacles placed here and there, but they seem out of place due to the flat surfaces everywhere, you should give them some love, because their curvy structure breaks the sharp, stright look you have achieved with the rest of the map. Also I think it lacks good shading across the map - I mean the indicator which parts are the shadowed ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version