Author Topic: BioHazard Final Resistance 0.68.1b Release(very old script)  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Rampage_Terranius

• Major
  • The Strategist
    • Soldat Noob Servers
This was a script i built for a server that was run between 2009-2010
I was under the impression i had actually lost this script but found it lately while rummaging through a old hard drive
I cant remember what version of the soldat server this was built for and i give no guarantee it will even work at all anymore but i figured i may as well put it up now

id like to thank Rayanaga and Miketh2005 for hosting it during that time

This is a zombie survival script based around versing ai bots
you will become infected when killed and will slowly gain infection % that when it hits 100% you turn to the zombie team
your goal is to survive for the entire round earning cash to buy guns as you kill zombies and gaining experience to level up your character to unlock new abilitys and to make it to the top of the ranking leader boards
the script will automatically create bot files to load data from on first loadup but will require you to make a folder called Files (i think... i dont remember if soldat scripts could make folders or not...) for it to save players accounts and a folder called Bio Files to save internal data

some of its features:
save files for your account (was before any sort of machine binding so uses /cmd to login or logout)
a ranking system to show who the top level/kills/deaths/score is
a fluctuating market for buying guns that changes depending on demand for each gun
25 different skills ranging from passives that regen hp to abilitys that drop zombie seeking mines
mini boss zombies each round that can either give free cash for killing or can be extremely hard to kill at all
and more stuff im sure ive forgotten and cant remember now

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:56:19 am by Rampage_Terranius »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: BioHazard Final Resistance 0.68.1b Release(very old script)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »
What does it do? Care to provide a description?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Rampage_Terranius

• Major
  • The Strategist
    • Soldat Noob Servers
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:35 am »
ahh yes, my bad
ive added one now

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:03 am »
Interesting to see this released. I remember this script from back in the day! :)

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:13 am »
I remember some of the stuff - (actually I still have a spreadsheet on it that used to give the stats on any possible skill tree):

- RPG with stat leveling and skill trees: each level up in either Human or Zombie gives you 2 stat points, which you can allocate in ATTack, DEFense, SKiLl, MANa (you start with 20).
- The player has innate stats (while either human or zombie). By default you get (in theory at lvl 0): 7% attack, 5% defense, 8 max mana, 0 mana regen. Every human level up you get: 1.2% attack, 1% defense, .5 max mana. Every zombie level up you get: .6% attack, .5% defense. Then per stat point allocated you get: .3% attack per ATT, .2% defense per DEF, .55 max mana per SKL, 1.74 max mana and 0.04 per MAN.
 - Learning skills require certain stat point allocation, cash and level. For example: rampage level 1 requires 55 ATT, 29 SKL, 12k cash and level 27. Most skills have multiple levels too: rampage level 2 requires 72 ATT, 36 SKL, 18k cash (level req is always the same though). It has maximum skill level of 5. There are some zombie skills too.
- You need to be careful with stat distribution - some skills are very important like rampage and mediccure.

- Shop also has bonuses - there's also a restriction on the amount you can buy per round (people keep abusing berserk kits - of course because it's OP). Can't be used while as a zombie.

- Zombies have extra commands. Exploding zombies have the /explode command for example (duh). There's also a command to make you a zombie.

--
A bit of what you can expect:

- Playing as zombie makes other people really REALLY hate you.
- Bow is very op. If not, then turret is somewhat op, with rampage and berserk.
- Used to have the hardest selection of zombie maps on. People kept voting for the same map, so rampage made it so it changes to next map whenever someone successfully votes one.
- Cure costs cash - the more you use it, the more expensive it gets. That is, unless you have mediccure. That's a great skill to piss off zombies.
- 100% defense is possible. But only if you dedicate a LOT of time to this (lvl 91 full def). Being plvled (with Link) by an almost pure ATT player will help.

BTW, someone hosted this in a Brazilian server. It used to be a multi-mode sort of server, your mod was one of them.

---

About the script:
- I've put it in "biohazard" folder in the scripts folder, put the script in the Includes.txt file (as per SC2).
- I've managed to fix some scripting bugs with it.
- Created a "Bio Files/Guns.txt" file with "1=0/n2=0...10=0". (I think that means 0 cash fluctuation)
- Had to disable the if fileexists bot files for the script to actually create them.
- Had to fix /cure, a couple of out of range errors, bans on wrong weapons, lvl up script, maxbuffs to 5, cash bot self kill kicks, explosion bot not exploding, boss not appearing...
- Sleep.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:30:33 am by deguix »

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:33:55 pm »
- I've fixed the bugs preventing the mod from running.
- I've fixed the commented Carrion Swarm (also fixed the underlying curse system).
- Implemented implicit streak cash bonus of $1 extra on kill per 5 kills, instead of the original killing streak (should give about same cash at 200 kills). Added kill streak to /player and exp note.
- Also almost completely rewrote the knife skill to use mana per knife throw, to throw faster, and to allow the use of a secondary weapon (primary weapon when knife skill starts). Had to reduce mana cost considerably. I don't know if it's too op. Didn't apply this to the zombies... would probably be very op.
- Moved the mod files to the mod subfolder, like done in most other mods.
- Fixed snare being used at beginning of round as zombie and then still work as human, and it lasting forever.
- Illegal weapon detection ban removed.
- Fixed Exploder range calculation, also made it not suicide when you kill it.
- Fixed boss/cash bot disappearing after suiciding. Fixed boss not appearing at all (wrong weapon).
- Some smaller fixes I don't remember.

Only problem are the wrong ids on SC2's ForceWeapon/ForceWeaponEx/OnWeaponChange on 2.7.9b1, which prevented me from completely allowing to use a picked up secondary without weapon glitches while using knife skill (like a saw turning into a bow - I definitely don't want that).

Suggested map list/settings? DM maps with proper waypoints. Use CTF game mode. Put Max_KnifeCheat_Warnings very high so that enemies won't eat knives even with ping 1 (I used 255). Time limit has to be 5 or lower (lower will spawn less bots, over will not make any bots spawn until it's at 5 min mark).

I know there are more bugs. Better just to make another mod with SC3.

I've used proper folder arrangement for SC2. This is only for version 2.7.9b1 right now (2.7.8 will spawn bots with bows instead of saws ;p).