Author Topic: [New Default Graphics] - Soldat Evolved v2.5  (Read 9372 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
[New Default Graphics] - Soldat Evolved v2.5
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »
I'll be posting the latest versions of the new weapon mod in this thread, as well as download links and changelogs to the old versions.
This is to make it easier for the devs to find the latest versions instead of having to dig through comments.

The mod is based on Soldat Evolved mod by MZ. A wide range of changes and improvements include better visibility, more distinct colors, bugfixes, brand new muzzle flashes and more. If there's something you think can be improved - please post your feedback.

LATEST VERSION:
Soldat Evolved v2.5 ; Changelog

OLD VERSIONS:
Soldat Evolved v2.4.1 ; Changelog
Soldat Evolved v2.4.2 ; Changelog
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:49:06 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Re: [New Default Graphics] - Soldat Evolved v2.4.2
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:24:31 am »
Is the proportion of the knife handle and blade the same on the left (weapon menu) as it is on the right (chosen weap)? To me, the blade looks a bit too long in the weapon menu.
Despite of that I think it's perfect. Thanks for your work!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »
Is the proportion of the knife handle and blade the same on the left (weapon menu) as it is on the right (chosen weap)? To me, the blade looks a bit too long in the weapon menu.
Despite of that I think it's perfect. Thanks for your work!
Messing with the small knife would've made it very misaligned when the knife is thrown, so I kept changes to a minimum. The menu icon has longer handle in comparison - I did it that way to make it look like a proper military knife. With a short handle it looked like some weird kitchen knife. One of the earlier versions had a longer blade, but then it looked more like a machete.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 04:57:11 pm »
Messing with the small knife would've made it very misaligned when the knife is thrown, so I kept changes to a minimum. The menu icon has longer handle in comparison - I did it that way to make it look like a proper military knife. With a short handle it looked like some weird kitchen knife. One of the earlier versions had a longer blade, but then it looked more like a machete.
Even so, the knife looks peculiar in the left column. It's the shape of the blade, actually, and it's because of the serrated part. Not only is it not very defined, due to the small image size and resolution, but it's also on the back of the blade, when usually you'd find it along the base of the blade.

See image for reference.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:49 am »
Serrated parts are often located on the back of the blade though.

Here's just a few of the many examples:
http://img.weiku.com//waterpicture/2011/11/11/7/Combat_Knife_hunting_knife_with_ABS_handle_D80_634658611493213415_2.jpg
http://www.heavenlyswords.com/images/D/KC0910.jpg
http://www.knife-planet.com/United-Cutlery-UC2831-Nightstalkers-Dont-Quit-Tanto-Combat-Knife.jpg
http://www.hrknives.com/assets/images/MT621BK.jpg
Yeah, but those are when they run almost the entire length of the back of the blade, at least until the angle to the tip of the blade. When it's just a small part, like in the knife in the left column, it's usually at the base of the front of the blade.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:16:55 am »

The changes I propose:
1) Curve the tip of the front of the blade, instead of it being a sharp angle as the red ellipse indicates. The sharpness of the angle gives it a little bit of a machete look.
2) Make the tip of the back of the blade, as indicated by the blue ellipse, angle slightly downwards, as in the images you linked.
3) Either make the serration go to the newly-made angle on the back of the blade from 2) or make it shorter and put it at the front of the blade.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:26:03 am by %%%%%%% »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 03:35:08 pm »
I'll have to make that for one of the future versions then, as it's a bit late to make changes for 1.6.9. :S I'll definitely give it a shot though. Thanks for feedback.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 04:47:38 pm »
Soldat Evolved v2.5

For some inexplicable reason, the new graphics for bow and flamer weren't included in a few previous versions. I'm including them now, as well as shell graphics, though they're barely any different from classic.

=========== WEAPONS

- added Rambo Bow graphics.
- added Flamer graphics.
- added shell graphics.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: [New Default Graphics] - Soldat Evolved v2.5
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 07:36:26 am »
Dunno where to write it. Monsteri didn't seem to create his own thread for the HD remakes.
Anyway, bow seems to have been left out in the HD remakes. Could you add it before the 1.7.1?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 12:09:34 pm »
Dunno where to write it. Monsteri didn't seem to create his own thread for the HD remakes.
Anyway, bow seems to have been left out in the HD remakes. Could you add it before the 1.7.1?
We're also missing flamer and stationary turret graphics, but that's up to Monsteri since he did the rest of the weapons. I can try remaking them myself if he doesn't do it in time for 1.7.1, I'm only concerned that the art style might be inconsistent.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 08:47:30 am »
I'll try not to overwrite them this time.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline JayTee

• Major(1)
  • Best Australian Soldat Player Ever
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »
I love this, I hope this is the version or something similar they choose to go with on the steam version, the weapons and everything just looks so much nicer
Worst Australian Soldat Player Ever

Offline JayTee

• Major(1)
  • Best Australian Soldat Player Ever
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 01:10:56 am »
Instructions to install would be great to add but I did what the one its based off said, put it in soldat/mods as in an "evolved" folder and put the interface and weapons folders there

Then put on the shortcut of the game for the target "C:\Soldat\soldat.exe -mod evolved" which worked but.... the mod looks odd

(and also https://i.imgur.com/Li43Khc.jpg but i wont make that a big image)

The weapons are hella blurry and seems odd. I'm confused. They look worse in game then the image justifies.
Worst Australian Soldat Player Ever