Author Topic: ctf_Divisionr (remake)  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
ctf_Divisionr (remake)
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »
Le map i remade some time ago, never had enough will to polish it to the bone, so i might aswell release it for the sake of pretending this section is not fully ded, kek. 100% old ctf_Deviation layout with a bit of sugar :3
Du di da bip:

Couldnt fit in my name in the description, so I'm very upset :'C

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf_Divisionr (remake)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 04:58:09 pm »
It's beautiful kek

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:10 pm »
Reminds me of ctf_Kampf. Great job! ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:56:40 am »
It's beautiful kek

No, you are :33

Reminds me of ctf_Kampf
I tried to make it resemble ctf_Division, but I'll take it :V

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 08:35:53 am »
I mean the style is like kampf, the layout is like division ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »
I can definitely see where your comparison is coming from, Shoozza. I had the opportunity to test the remake in 1.6.9 and will leave my thoughts about the map here for those that care:

@OnTopic: While I did indeed say that it is "beautiful kek", it looked different in game. I really love the polygon framework. You did a really great job on that, just as we all are used to it. :) The scenery however does not look that nice to me - especially in the tunnel areas. When moving through them, I do not quite get the idea that I am running through a tunnel carved into stone, but rather through some kind of steam. Definitely needs to be denser imo to create a better atmosphere.

What I really love, though, are the spawning areas and the flag places. Those are a piece of art and a real upgrade from the original theme! If you change what I mentioned, this could very well become one of my favourite maps again. :)

Cheers to anyone who still goes about the mapping business. It is tedious work, and too little appreciation is shown towards it. Keep the spirit up!

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »
It still needs a lot of work, thats what i kinda mentioned it the 1# post. The cave part issue might be due to the 30%~ opc of the bg polys. I can do some changes, make it more visible. I didnt want to make it too eye catching, maybe went too mild on it. Same applies to the sceneries. One thing i can say atm is I don't want to use much more sceneries than i have now, however pimping them up is high on the todo list :3 You should expect som minor changes before 1.7 tho.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 07:28:42 am »
When sitting behind crates, my ghostek is only lifting the gun over his head on some of the crates, not all. Is that a collider thing?

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:33 am »
If the collider isnt high enough he wont lift it. I made colliders cover the box scenery as well as i can, so i don't know if there is anything to fix? Is this the same for both teams or does one have an adventage (if it is any) over the other due to this?

Also i dont know if anyone acutally noticed, but this is a different, more recent version, than the one that is a default right now XD

Also DC, if you were refering to the default you should now check this version, it has more vibrant cave bg :V
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 11:26:38 am by Viral »