Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.9 RELEASED!  (Read 27995 times)

Offline deguix

• Major
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.9 RELEASED!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »
I didn't have the same luck with wine 1.7.54, the gosteks don't appear, and the gostek parts only appear when I die. I didn't test my mod with it yet. But I need to do a reset on my wine to see if it will still happen.

EDIT: the gostek spawns in the center of the map, but the camera movement follows the actual position of the player. Every time I shoot, it shoots from the gostek. I can only throw nades if the camera is in same place as the gostek. That's some weird ****... Well, I don't think it was caused by Soldat devs because I tested wine 1.7.49 with previous soldat version and it worked well, yet when I try that same version now with that same wine, it shows the same bug. Yet when I installed wine 1.7.41, it doesn't bug (either soldat version).

I just know wine 1.7.42 and above broke another app that I used too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:08:00 pm by deguix »

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 04:06:13 pm »
what is wine??

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 04:48:00 pm »
@deguix: Have you tried out an older version yet? (like the one jrgp mentioned)
@Crimson Goth: It's a programme to emulate windows software on both Linux and MacOS systems.

@Everyone who has the LAGSPIKE issue: Please try the solution mentioned here and report back to that topic.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:57:50 pm by CCalp »

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 04:29:47 am »
^
Wine Is Not Emulator.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 05:27:18 am »
Sometimes the game forever crashes when browsing the lobby by double clicking on the server.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 06:17:37 am »
Sometimes the game forever crashes when browsing the lobby by double clicking on the server.
I have the same problem and it happens every time i try to enter some Zabijaka's ctf server

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Fawkzy

• Major(1)
  • :^)
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »
- Initializing bots with no FavouriteWeapon defined in them spit out an error, it would be much better to make them pick random weapons instead.

- During Survival Infiltration Match, after you kill all the players in the blue team, the red team gets 30 points for winning the round and then after taking the flag to the red base in the same time, they get another 30 points.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:44:52 pm by Fawkzy »

Offline Mojonized

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2015, 06:06:08 pm »
I have the same problem and it happens every time i try to enter some Zabijaka's ctf server

Yeah, happens everytime I try to join a full server.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:40 pm »
Happens to me as well.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2015, 11:45:29 am »

Every full server or just Zabijaka's? There's a redirecting script running on Zabijaka's ctf servers, maybe that't the problem.

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 12:33:20 pm »

Every full server or just Zabijaka's? There's a redirecting script running on Zabijaka's ctf servers, maybe that't the problem.

Yup, redirect is crashing my soldat

Offline Flexman

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2015, 12:40:52 pm »
Unfortunately this version has severe bugs.

- Ping sometimes gets very high. Also for me (Win7, 32bit, Geforce 8600GT)
- Soldat will freeze/crash if I try to join a server that is already full.

Also people playing on the server complained about their pings.

Offline sup

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2015, 01:29:23 pm »
Same problem with high ping here. Only at Zabijaka CTF servers. If sever is empty, ping is normal. At Zabijaka Climb (full server) -> low ping. Other servers -> low ping.

Secondly, when I'm getting kicked for ping, I must wait for returning to lobby. Cursor is not working so I cannot choose 'Exit from game' to leave server. Maybe several seconds, but it's irritating.

Win 7 64 bits
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:31:04 pm by sup »

Offline KoGAi

• Major(1)
  • The Light of the Universe
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2015, 02:51:41 pm »
It so, indeed, redirect to other server crashes Soldat.
As to the issue with the ping, in my own personal experience after trying several alternative settings, the only solution I found was to play windowed; in other words, playing Soldat in fullscreen is what causes my client (Win7 x64) to have severely high pings. Sadly, this seems to be random as other players accounted they are playing in fullscreen and are unaffected.

Hoping a fix will be released... sooner than later.
=₳US7RAL|¹² is a growing Soldat Community making a difference by offering a wide variety of top-notch servers across North America- a new alternative to everyone.
Jump into our servers in NA with the new domain (austral12.com)! Check our Facebook Page.
_______
#austral12soldat @ QuakeNet ▲ facebook.com/AUS7RAL12 ▲ twitter.com/AUS7RAL12

Offline m11chu

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 04:45:25 am »
I played yesterday on DM server (10 players) and it was impossible to play  :'( Too much lags. You will do something with this?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2015, 05:45:54 am »
I played yesterday on DM server (10 players) and it was impossible to play  :'( Too much lags. You will do something with this?
Read the news http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44043.new#new

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2015, 01:28:37 pm »
Ping my server also sometimes jumps :( 800-1800. But if I delete BigText in apponidle (Tick 1) ping is normal, but half an hour I start again and ping is normal.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 03:21:36 pm »
i only have high ping in full screen. windowed mode is fine though.

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »
Greetings, Soldiers.

I couldn't find an appropriate bugs/issues reporting thread so I'm posting here. Please advise if there is somewhere better for me to provide this info.

Okay, so when playing in Death Match - Survival mode - if the map is changed whilst there are still players alive and there are other players in the server who are dead then when the next map is loaded all the players who were dead in the previous map will be killed at map start and only the players who were alive will spawn. This happens consistently and I can reproduce it both online and offline.

I'll try to keep this brief as I'm sure you've heard enough about it already. I too, and many others, are experiencing the infamous lag spikes. So much so that I now have /unbanlast on taunt. I go from 50 - 2500 ping. Sometimes it happens randomly but it can be expected when approaching someone using an auto weapon. I have tried the suggestion made by CCalp but to no avail. I am on Win 7 32x.

Weapons all seem to work great with the exception of Mp5. This weapon now seems dramatically overpowered. I have seen others mention this too.

Also, just my opinion, but the new registered star graphic is atrocious. No offence to the maker but it the sight of it does sicken me a little. It looks disproportionate and inbred. Please fix the super special shiny star.

Thanks to all those involved in the continued development of this game. There are many people who are very grateful to you for this so keep at it!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:52:21 pm by You Got Served! »

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2015, 11:15:28 am »
Hello we currently work on 1.7.0 alpha/beta versions (a lot changed in those).
If you want to report bugs for 1.6.9 visit our bugtracker http://bugs.soldat.pl.
Thanks ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod