Author Topic: VoteScripts  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Savage

• Soldier
VoteScripts
« on: November 14, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »
Script Name: VoteScripts
Script Description: Contains one script for nextmap and second for votemap, votekick, voteprev and voteres
Original Author(s): Savage
Compilation: Passed
Core Version: 2.8.2 (SC3)

Commands:
!v - Starts vote for next map
!map - Shows previous, current and next map name
/votemap <mapname> - Starts vote for certain map
/votekick <playerid> - Starts vote to ban certain player for 1 hour
/voteres - Starts vote to restart current map
/voteprev - Starts vote for previous map
/votenext - Disabled, use !v instead
Type /yes to accept or /no to reject the vote
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:51:00 am by Savage »

Offline Savage

• Soldier
Re: VoteNext
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »
Update: Fixed code clutter to almost perfection, changed restriction from IP to HWID.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Re: VoteNext
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:23:53 pm »
A few thoughts after trying it on my server:
  • I can see the situation where someone first joins spectators and then votes quite likely, since they might want to wait until the vote passed before going back to playing. In this situation the "voting isn't allowed from spectator" restriction becomes a bit of an annoyance. I fixed that on my server by letting specs in on the vote, but not including specs who didn't vote in the % calculation.
  • I like that the colors and positions are configurable, but the "You've already voted" message should have its own color instead of using negmsg IMO.
  • People are apparently less aware of an arbitrarily placed BigText than simple console messages. Options for both would be neat.
Code: [Select]
if (lowercase(Text)='!v') or (lowercase(Text)='!vote') or (lowercase(Text)='!votenext') then
=
Code: [Select]
LText := lowercase(Text);
if (LText='!v') or (LText='!vote') or (LText='!votenext') then
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:21:07 am by Fryer »
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod