Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0a2 alpha release ready for testing!  (Read 19312 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0a2 alpha release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 10:54:22 am »
Because BankGothic is damn good font and its fit perfect to soldat. I dont see the reason to change it, beside adding those special letters.

But most of fonts have license that forbids any modification and use in commercial products.

Making font IS easy, but its time consuming. I could find some free font and fit to soldat but its the same amount of work.

There is about 400 Glyphs that need to be made, point from point, line to line, most of them use A-Z letters but rest are custom ones and making one glyphs is taking from 10min to even 1 hour.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 11:35:57 am »
I dont see the reason to change it, beside adding those special letters.

-> maybe exactly due to this...
But most of fonts have license that forbids any modification and use in commercial products.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 11:44:40 am »
Yeah ofc, I was talking about "free" fonts :P
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 05:48:48 am »
I'm waiting final version for fix Turkish letters otherwise I guess these betas are not going to solve this problem.
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 02:36:40 pm »
I'm waiting final version for fix Turkish letters otherwise I guess these betas are not going to solve this problem.

I came to forums to check if this was still a problem... I guess it is. Could you post screenshots of a specific part of the game where this is failing? One using 1.6.9 and one using latest 1.7a2 (so I see the difference between correct/incorrect). From what I tested it "seemed" to work fine but it's hard to tell when you don't know turkish :P
urraka

Offline sanada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 03:29:37 am »

Multibyte characters(japanese, korean and chinese) are also corrupted in in-game. Not in pre-game though.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 09:58:13 am »
So, here's my feedback post which I'll keep updated until next test version is released...

- (1) Fullscreen not being placed over taskbar: When I start in fullscreen (no matter if fullscreen=1 or =2) the system taskbar isn't hidden and thus the game screen doesn't fit entirely on the display -> https://i.imgur.com/BQNZfK2.jpg

- (2) Start screen: "Profile" not fully shown -> http://abload.de/image.php?img=workspace1_059b7uy5.jpg

- (3) Start-up video: Replace it with more skilled scenes. -> Shoozza asked me to do it, however, I will need some people to help me with it! Who wants to be part of it? (shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes I suppose)

- (4) Weapon mod (normal): Improve Ruger, weaken barret, chainsaw & minigun (as discussed in some others posts already)

- (5) GUI menu: Use the whole screen for [START GAME], [OPTIONS] and [PLAYER] menus, right now it's like that: http://imgur.com/a/JYIlO | only "JOIN GAME" window uses the space properly

- (6) Unscaled interface: If you disable "Scale interface" in Soldat Setup and choose a high resolution, all menus (weapons, team, scoreboard) are too small imho -> http://imgur.com/a/kQ6lB (this is at only 1600x900). Maybe scale them anyway even if "Scale interface" is disabled?

- (7) I would like to see both ping and fps in numbers but I don't need the received and send bytes display (http://abload.de/img/workspace1_068dzafn.jpg) -> make it possible to choose what is displayed with alt + f3 or add another shortcut for only displaying fps/ping.

- (8) Time left: Allow the timer to be shown separately, not only with showing the whole scoreboard via F1. Better: Make timer an interface element which can be placed with the interface itself.

- (9) Start screen: Switch the size of the "OK" and "EXIT" buttons (i.e. make the "OK" button as big as "EXIT" button is right now, and vice versa)

- (10) Soldat config: remove unused options (like Antialiasing) & improve standard setup, e.g. raise FPS limit

- (11) Default interface: place nades differently, right now they interfere with the ammo icon and amount -> https://i.imgur.com/xKVfwA0.jpg

- (12) Minimize bug: If I minimize Soldat and re-open it afterwards I only type in squares. This can only be "fixed" by restarting Soldat -> https://i.imgur.com/skuLIqc.jpg

- (13) Skin colour: Make skin colour choosable in ingame [PLAYER] section

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Some issues might be wine-related (see setup below).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Setup:
- Machine: Lenovo Laptop with
Processor       : 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory       : 3990MB (2353MB used)
Operating System: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca
Kernel                : Linux 3.13.0-66-generic (x86_64)
- Graphics: Integrated Intel HD 3000 & dedicated graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6650M
Display Resolution: 1600x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile 3.0 Mesa 10.1.3
X11 Vendor    : The X.Org Foundation
- Wine: Wine 1.7.54 (64bit) via PlayOnLinux 4.2.2, Windows version: XP
- Soldat: fresh install (not patched), my config @ http://imgur.com/a/p0ya2

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 10:08:42 am »

I came to forums to check if this was still a problem... I guess it is. Could you post screenshots of a specific part of the game where this is failing? One using 1.6.9 and one using latest 1.7a2 (so I see the difference between correct/incorrect). From what I tested it "seemed" to work fine but it's hard to tell when you don't know turkish :P

I've already posted it in 1.7.0a1 topic. The problem is same.
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 03:45:49 pm »
Please dont remove option for scale interface, I prefer it disabled! Great work though DEVS =)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »
Please dont remove option for scale interface, I prefer it disabled! Great work though DEVS =)
Disabled, FOR SURE. I don't know why that option exist o.O
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 06:56:11 pm »
Because low-res interface on high resolutions would look super tiny.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 07:35:00 am »
It's so much better when it's tiny, though.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »
It's so much better when it's tiny, though.
Not when it's so tiny I can barely see it. :P Plus it's also a matter of preference.

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 02:47:30 pm »
Barrett gets any changes? This weapon is too strong. People talked about this many times.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2015, 04:21:47 pm »
Oh. I forgot the "still".
Cuz now you can make icons in HD and use the opposite method automatically without any option on config.exe. Example: 4k resizing to 640x480.
But, to be honest, it's time to change the minimum resolution required. It's a PC game, right? Don't give a f* to 640x480, 800x600 etc. Create everything to be OK on 1280x800 that's the smaller and common screen size of a notebook. (based on Steam data) CS and a lot new games looks very very bad in 640x480 and 800x600. Almost unplayable.

Barrett gets any changes? This weapon is too strong. People talked about this many times.
I've played leagues when Barrett had zero delay and was less affected by autos (bink). Even without delay etc it was well balanced.
This is Barret .50 cal, not Ruger or a water gun. AWP in CS is almost 1 shot 1 kill. OP? No.

What you could suggest is an improvement of the hitbox. So they could set different damage for legs, arms etc.
Barret has it's benefits, autos too. If you think that Barret is too strong, you're playing the wrong way. Or you should practice a lil bit more.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:29:25 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 04:55:36 pm »
I agree with duz. The current rendition of barret is the hardest of all. Suggesting to make it even harder to use is absurd idea. Comparing to previous versions, barret has never been so hard. It's definitely not like the barret became a strong weapon out of sudden. It's just the overall level of competition has decreased like duz mentioned. Players need to understand that every weapon has got its special usage. There are many modes. Not just 1. I'm not going to post the same things and examples again, but in case someone's missed my previous in-depth discussion regarding brt and its strenght, here's the LINK for the main post and further discussion.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:12:39 pm by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 06:13:21 am »
I agree with duz. he current rendition of barret is the hardest of all. Suggesting to make it even harder to use is absurd idea.

What is this bullshit???  :o You still play with barrett so you always say "It's good! No change for Barrett! ;D". Stupid barrett kills other weapons. Too small and short (too fast disappearing) bink and start up.

Install the 1.4.2 and check the settings in Barrett. Then it was perfect.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2015, 09:43:03 am »
@L[one]R how to make such HD pictures?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 01:45:19 pm »
@L[one]R how to make such HD pictures?
Art skills, lots of experience with image editing programs and a college degree. ;)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »
is there a special program for it??? now you guys made soldat HD so it would be cool if you would suggest us some program so we can make ingame interfaces in HD... thanks!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:50:47 pm by Drax »