Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0a3 alpha release ready for testing!  (Read 18861 times)

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0a3 alpha release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 10:04:33 am »
Well I dont know what you did, but now again it doesnt work on Intel Graphic on my netbook.

Everytime this show up when I click something on game menu(cant even open game)

Its funny because on 1.7.0a2 everything was perfect. Stable and without any bugs
I tired to play with settings but still the same.

On Laptop with GeForce graphic its fine(but I had black screen again after first start, but as I said before its probably  because of moded drivers I use).

Well surely I fucked something up there. I imagine it's something with the OpenGL compatibility stuff, but it could also be some image loading changes I did.

Would you mind running a little tool I made that gives some info about OpenGL? Might help figure it out.
If you don't then here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8012562/soldat/glreport.zip
Unzip it, then run it.. it should generate a glreport.txt file next to it. You can copy and paste the contents in http://pastebin.com/ to report back.
urraka

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 10:34:34 am »
Here is netbook:
http://pastebin.com/0T7pGj0B

And here is another laptop also with Intel graphic(maybe more data will help)
http://pastebin.com/CwQGgtvp

I also have home server(old laptop with just two HDD) it also have Intel graphic, its dual boot with linux but if you want I can check it too.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 10:52:01 am »
Akinaro can you tell us when you get the error popup the first time?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:23 am »
At start after clicking Soldat.exe
I click OK on error.
And after that if I click any tab(Join Game etc) or try selecting something in menu its pop up everytime.

Also I need to Force Close soldat.exe in Task Manager because exit doest work or even ALT+F4

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 11:31:48 am »
Everything is working fine for me but I was curious about my result, anyway you will have more info.
http://pastebin.com/zP4cLUc3

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:49 am »
Thanks for the info :)

Akinaro: one more thing I would like you to try: delete interface-gfx directory and copy one from previous version. Note that you have to delete it (or rename it) because file extensions are different, so just replacing wouldn't do it. With your setup the latest version will generate two 2048x1024 textures instead of one 1024x1024 for interface stuff. I imagine texture could fail to be created if there isn't enough memory.
urraka

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:20 pm »
Still the same... error at start and selecting something in menu

Also to be more funny(and offtopic) With those intel graphic I still can run games like Quake 4 xD and even Quake 2 with HD mode on OpenGL xD So its not that bad in terms of graphic memory.
And even if Intel is well know for ##$!#%#@ support of drivers and OpenGL I never had in my life problems with it... some lags, yes, but never errors :D

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »
Yeah I was surprised it actually worked in your netbook in previous releases :P I'll have to add some config switches I guess. My guess is either the fact that it's using old fixed pipeline instead of shaders or the thing I changed in mipmap generation. It's a bit odd that it errors when you *click* something. Does it not give an error if you just run soldat and wait?
urraka

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:16 pm »
When optimize the server? Still a large number of bullets fired creates a lags, if bullets have a high speed and fly a long way increases the lag :(

And add a new variant for minigun and spas, "WeaponRecoil=" to modify rejection of a player during shooting.

Can change/fix BigText function positioning? It's easy toadd text on the left side. But to create text on the right side we have a problem because, depending on the resolution erroneously it centers, and maybe invisible.

Since it is has already used opengl, can u add TActivePlayer.CoverScreen(Color: Longint, Time: Single, Transparency: byte, FadeOut: single);
This feature will cover the whole screen, the designated color, for a limited time, with a certain transparency and FadeOut (if 0 effect disappears immediately, if bigger is the time for the gradual disappearance).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:46:14 pm by soldat-game »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 12:36:13 pm »
As I said this error pop up after starting soldat, at "Profile Select" tab. Almost instantly.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 02:41:26 pm »
Probably not been fixed so...

If this version was made official it'd kill soldat.
Mods don't work with this version, and I'd rather completely quit than playing with default.

Also, windowed rescaling doesn't work.
If we could play in 854x480 and upscale it to windowed fullsccreen, it'd maybe work out with mods.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 03:24:32 pm »
If we could play in 854x480 and upscale it to windowed fullsccreen, it'd maybe work out with mods.

You could try something like this to get 854x480 upscaled to exact 1600x900 resolution:
Code: [Select]
[GAME]
Fullscreen=0

[GRAPHICS]
Screen_Width=1600
Screen_Height=900
Render_Width=854
Render_Height=480

or this, to get 854x480 upscaled to fullscreen:
Code: [Select]
[GAME]
Fullscreen=2

[GRAPHICS]
Render_Width=854
Render_Height=480
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:29:25 pm by SyavX »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 03:30:22 pm »
ginn:

Apparently something is failing with specific bmp images. Most likely it's a bmp format variant not supported by the library we're using to load images.

I tried converting all BMPs to PNGs in your mod (http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41845.0) and it worked fine it seems.

Note: there's also a windowed fullscreen option (set Fullscreen=2 in soldat.ini). That may work better for you.
urraka

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 06:33:32 pm »
I decided to try 1.7.0 on my OLD laptop. 1.6.9 works fine with around 60fps, unfortunately 1.7.0 doesn't.
SS:

glreport:
http://pastebin.com/6hZy1Wbc

Well, I wasn't expecting much from this laptop since it hates HD stuff xD

PS tested 1.7.0a2 and 1.7.0a3

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 07:00:47 pm »
what? that error is wrong, framebuffers are not needed feature anymore.....still works on my old netbook whit that same 945GM

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 08:42:58 pm »
The error message is wrong but it's true that it won't work. There seems to be no support for vertex buffers there. Can you try updating video drivers and report back if that works?
urraka

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 03:51:30 am »
You can try searching custom drivers for intel platform, You cant imagine how many there is, and they seriously speed up  games and they fix some problems with OpenGL
Try AngelicTears's Modded Driver or Chell v1.7b

You would not belive how small changes can boost performance on those crappy graphic :D

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 08:21:27 am »
The error message is wrong but it's true that it won't work. There seems to be no support for vertex buffers there. Can you try updating video drivers and report back if that works?

After posting my comment I started looking for graphics update and that helped. Works amazingly smooth with around 100fps :) but now there are 2 other things:

1: I have for 1-2s white screen when joining server or single player - it's pretty understandable for this laptop to render all graphics :P

2: There's something wrong with my font, does 1.7.0 uses new one? In 1.6.9 it's ok.

1.7.0a3

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 08:44:24 am »
The screenshots seem broken so I can't see that. There's a text encoding problem I haven't fixed yet so if you're using non-english that might be it.

I found a bug that made interface graphics load every time you start game. That could be the 1-2s white screen if it's slow enough.
urraka

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 09:01:48 am »
F4 works for screenshot