Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0a3 alpha release ready for testing!  (Read 18849 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0a3 alpha release ready for testing!
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:30 am »
When optimize the server? Still a large number of bullets fired creates a lags, if bullets have a high speed and fly a long way increases the lag :(

And add a new variant for minigun and spas, "WeaponRecoil=" to modify rejection of a player during shooting.

Can change/fix BigText function positioning? It's easy toadd text on the left side. But to create text on the right side we have a problem because, depending on the resolution erroneously it centers, and maybe invisible.

Since it is has already used opengl, can u add TActivePlayer.CoverScreen(Color: Longint, Time: Single, Transparency: byte, FadeOut: single);
This feature will cover the whole screen, the designated color, for a limited time, with a certain transparency and FadeOut (if 0 effect disappears immediately, if bigger is the time for the gradual disappearance).
Shoozza please comment.
I hope ill be able to do some netcode fixes this week.

There will be no weapon changes for 1.7.0.
We can talk about additional weapon mod settings after 1.7.0 and see if it is a good idea to add things or not.

BigText positioning? Not sure. I'd say lets talk about it after 1.7.0. Same for CoverScreen.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:29 pm »
:(

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2015, 06:15:07 pm »
lol just ban him forever already ^__^

@ginn: Have you noticed that you are the only person complaining like that? You may consider a) rethinking your position b) simply quit playing Soldat and visiting that forum if it annoys you so hard c) practising some anti-stress techniques of your choice d) visiting a doctor e) killing yourself. I hope some of that helps.

I for my part am looking forward to 1.7b1 :3
How often do you see me playing?

There was litterally no point in developing anything further than 1.6.8.
All new versions are just gonna split up the remaining community, and get people to quit, because they can't be bothered.

..., and look at what terrible things has been done to the maps.

tell me more, what maps, what done? something with textures?
Textures changed, sceneries changed.
Look at fucking death for example, it's completely and utterly ruined.

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2015, 07:29:58 pm »
Yeah..and i am mostly the guy that changed all map texture and sceneries.. but they are also damn similar...or all would be look blurry.... ...so

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2015, 05:56:19 pm »
There was litterally no point in developing anything further than 1.6.8.
All new versions are just gonna split up the remaining community, and get people to quit, because they can't be bothered.
"All new versions are just gonna split up the remaining community"
all These "new versions" are only alphas and betas to make sure the full release will be running without any issues.
If you are refering to the fact that some gathers do only run 1.7alpha-beta Servers now; which causes the "split" of the community you're at the wrong place to post.
You cant make the devs responsible for gather admins decission to dismiss 1.6.9 Servers. (It's a good decission in my opinion)
Also, it does not split the community in any way. The gather community has always been seperated from the public.

I'm not sure what's your issue with the maps. I guess you didnt like the Remakes (Death2 and Division).
I think we can be quite happy. There were times where no devlog was posted in a Long time and we had luck if there was a period with a weekly changelog. Right now we get a weekly test Version and they are great.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2015, 07:29:20 pm »
LOL. I thought ginn was just kidding posting those things  ;D :o ???
People forgot the meaning of alpha/beta releases or there's just dumb admins on gathers nowadays?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

DarkCrusade

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2015, 12:05:02 pm »
@ginn: Sssh, don't tell anyone, but secret sources state that the developers try to divide the community into opposing camps that should fight for dominance in an epic war. Calling teams Alpha and Beta never was for the lulz, it was an outlook on the dire future we're in today!

/irony