Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0b1 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 19700 times)

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0b1 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:35 am »
1. Tried it, nothing changes

2. Everything works fine in Alpha3 besides the windowed mode resize. I'm not able to resize Soldat's sreen at all, the only one option that works is fullscreen, which is very annoying to me

this is what i got this time after copying the soldat.exe file from latest beta1 into the alpha3 directory

after clicking ok i was able to hear weather sounds(i was not able to hear these in the beta).

It doesn't work either. I'll update video driver asap and we'll see what happens then

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2015, 12:04:55 pm »
Thank you for testing Petterkowski. In case driver update doesn't fix this, would you mind enabling logging on that last test (beta soldat.exe inside alpha3 dir) and attaching it here again?. Since the game seems to keep running after dismissing the error message, the log is very likely to have more information. This may tell me exactly if there's a texture failing to load or not.
urraka

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »
About the old window resize option: it's currently not supported but you can achieve same results by changing some soldat.ini settings:

Set Fullscreen=0 (windowed mode)
Set Render_Width and Render_Height to the desired render resolution
Set Screen_Width and Screen_Height to final window size

This way the game will be rendered internally at whatever you set in Render_Width/Height and then stretched to fit the window size defined by Screen_Width/Height.
urraka

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2015, 02:53:27 pm »
Is it possible to turn back to old fullscreen mode settings?
I want to use it 1024x768 full screen
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2015, 04:53:41 pm »
Is it possible to turn back to old fullscreen mode settings?
I want to use it 1024x768 full screen

If you want 1024x768 stretched to all screen try this in soldat.ini:

Fullscreen=1 (or 2 if it doesn't work)
Screen_Width=1024
Screen_Height=768

(make sure Render_Width & Render_Height are both 0).

If you want 1024x768 taking all the height of your screen but leaving desktop visible at the sides try:

Fullscreen=0
Screen_Width=0
Screen_Height=0
Render_Width=1024
Render_Height=768

(note: Screen_Width & Screen_Height set to zero means "whatever your current desktop resolution is")

By the way, do you still have issues with turkish language?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:00:59 pm by PerroAZUL »
urraka

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2015, 05:12:59 pm »
Ohh fullscreen=2 solved the problem, I've been thinking it means % since it's became to changeable.
It is working and I turned back to old fullscreen mode thank you very much.

Turkish characters still have problem since 1.7.0a1

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 06:51:12 pm »
Turkish characters still have problem since 1.7.0a1

This is how it looks for me when I switch to turkish language using beta1:

I switched to to turkish keyboard input to try the chat and I typed the 3 main rows of my keyboard there.

Can you confirm if this is right/wrong (where?) and if you get any different results?
It looked like you had problems in the chat (judging by the screenshot you posted in alpha1 thread) but I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem.
Also, what OS are you using? I've been testing on windows 7 but it could be working differently in XP or newer window versions.
urraka

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2015, 08:25:07 pm »
Thank you for testing Petterkowski. In case driver update doesn't fix this, would you mind enabling logging on that last test (beta soldat.exe inside alpha3 dir) and attaching it here again?. Since the game seems to keep running after dismissing the error message, the log is very likely to have more information. This may tell me exactly if there's a texture failing to load or not.
driver update didn't change anything, it still doesn't work. Here's the log.txt file.

However, soldat allowed me to run Blade somehow, even though some parts of the gameplay were invisible or whatever one might want to call it. Basically i didn't see my legs, nades etc. For some reason my head is bleeding all the time, explosions look like squares, i also saw some figures so bright that appeared to be sneaking through polygons like ghosts or clouds. I could not tell what is this.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2015, 08:43:40 pm »
This is super weird. I lean towards a memory usage problem but still can't tell. The log file doesn't have any of the [GFX] stuff. Did you use soldat.exe from alpha3? I'd need the log generated by beta1 soldat.exe (running inside alpha3 folder) to see the interesting info.
urraka

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2015, 11:55:35 pm »
driver update didn't change anything, it still doesn't work. Here's the log.txt file.

However, soldat allowed me to run Blade somehow, even though some parts of the gameplay were invisible or whatever one might want to call it. Basically i didn't see my legs, nades etc. For some reason my head is bleeding all the time, explosions look like squares, i also saw some figures so bright that appeared to be sneaking through polygons like ghosts or clouds. I could not tell what is this.

In my mind as I was reading this...

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 10:59:31 am »
This is super weird. I lean towards a memory usage problem but still can't tell. The log file doesn't have any of the [GFX] stuff. Did you use soldat.exe from alpha3? I'd need the log generated by beta1 soldat.exe (running inside alpha3 folder) to see the interesting info.
Yeah i did use soldat.exe from alpha3. I didn't check beta running inside alpha3 yet. Firstly, I tried to let my pc find the drivers by itself but it didn't work so I have installed not only the newest driver for ATI Radeon x1xxx series(im using x1600 PRO) but the whole Catalyst Software Suite. Though maybe, as it turned out later, it was not quite enough. Or rather, I would say that i suspected some parts of CSS are not working properly as ive received few interesting pop-out messages about that. After i found supposed-to-be-reliable software, every time I'd try to install it, it would either fail, or if the installation was successful, it would ask for a restart and then ask me to reinstall the bloody thing again. What the hell is going on with these - i dont know? Im no expert, I'm not quite sure whether that has any relevance or not but I got rid of that shit and installed the driver again using amd support. I guess it helped somehow. First time im able to run Soldat without any error messages, im also able to connect to servers. However, i still experience these issues that ive described yesterday(bleeding head, missing things, clouds. etc..). I have also noticed another weird thing. Every five minutes my upper body dissapears and reappears. My gostek also changes colours while changing direction. I'm "kind of" normal when i look to the left, but when i turn my head to the right my gostek changes his color like chameleon and i become whitish.

I attach new log.txt file. There are some gfx notifications so maybe it will be some clue for you.

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »
@PerroAZUL; I'm shocked, it works for you. Using w8.1 I do not know what is problem.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2015, 04:06:33 pm »
I have windows 8.1 and I just tried setting language to turkish, everything displayed fine. I didn't test chat language though since I don't have turkish layout installed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:08:15 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »
Yeah i did use soldat.exe from alpha3. I didn't check beta running inside alpha3 yet. Firstly, I tried to let my pc find the drivers by itself but it didn't work so I have installed not only the newest driver for ATI Radeon x1xxx series(im using x1600 PRO) but the whole Catalyst Software Suite. Though maybe, as it turned out later, it was not quite enough. Or rather, I would say that i suspected some parts of CSS are not working properly as ive received few interesting pop-out messages about that. After i found supposed-to-be-reliable software, every time I'd try to install it, it would either fail, or if the installation was successful, it would ask for a restart and then ask me to reinstall the bloody thing again. What the hell is going on with these - i dont know? Im no expert, I'm not quite sure whether that has any relevance or not but I got rid of that shit and installed the driver again using amd support. I guess it helped somehow. First time im able to run Soldat without any error messages, im also able to connect to servers. However, i still experience these issues that ive described yesterday(bleeding head, missing things, clouds. etc..). I have also noticed another weird thing. Every five minutes my upper body dissapears and reappears. My gostek also changes colours while changing direction. I'm "kind of" normal when i look to the left, but when i turn my head to the right my gostek changes his color like chameleon and i become whitish.

I attach new log.txt file. There are some gfx notifications so maybe it will be some clue for you.

Everything seems "fine" in the log (which doesn't help, unfortunately). I'd still like to rule out a memory problem, so I made a zip with the low resolution graphics from 1.6.9. The idea is for you to try latest beta with these old graphics which will consume a lot less memory. In order to test these properly, I suggest you rename (or remove) the following folders before unzipping (just replacing probably won't work because we've switched to png files for most graphics, and it will override the bmp version):

gostek-gfx
interface-gfx
objects-gfx
scenery-gfx
sparks-gfx
textures
weapons-gfx

Here's the zip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8012562/soldat/soldat-gfx-1.6.9.zip
urraka

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2015, 09:03:39 am »
Yeah, i guess you were right about the memory problem because the old graphics fixed the issue(soldat.exe from alpha 3 running inside beta didn't work though). It really seems to work like a charm now - no problems whatsoever, I can can see my legs, my body looks normal, everything seems to be good.

I attach log.txt file again in case you're interested what's inside this time.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2015, 09:39:29 am »
Petterkowski: that's great news! I'll try to find a solution for that after I'm done fixing some alignment problems with the "gostek".
urraka

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2015, 12:55:28 pm »
@Petterkowski; Peter, Türkçe alfabe ve klavyeyi kullanarak oyuna girip Türkçe harfleri (ğ,ü,ş,ç,ı,ö) dener misin?
Bende çalışmıyor sanırım sorun bende.

He knows also Turkish, so I hope this conversation doesn't make any problem.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »
Petterkowski: that's great news! I'll try to find a solution for that after I'm done fixing some alignment problems with the "gostek".
Yeah, ok. I can test before the final release if needed. let me know.

@Petterkowski; Peter, Türkçe alfabe ve klavyeyi kullanarak oyuna girip Türkçe harfleri (ğ,ü,ş,ç,ı,ö) dener misin?
Bende çalışmıyor sanırım sorun bende.

He knows also Turkish, so I hope this conversation doesn't make any problem.
test yaptım ve benim için Türk harfleri çalışıyor. belki Soldatta bu her şey gibi belirli insanın bilgisayarının ayarlarına bağlı.. bilmiyorum, bende türkçe alfabe ile her şey iyi olsa gerek. sadece senin için bu problem olur mu? öyleyse, düsünüyorum ki urraka veya diğer developer ile bu hakkında konuşmalısın galiba çünkü ben bu ile ilgili şeyler hiç bilgim yok
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:27:37 pm by Petterkowski »

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2015, 01:40:34 pm »
Anladım teşekkür ederim. Test etmen benim işime yaradı.

Offline awe

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:54 pm »
boys need help, just downloaded the beta and does this happen :(