Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0b3 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 22640 times)

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0b3 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
Soldatserver again doesn't start for the first time, when soldat running in the background.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »
Soldatserver again doesn't start for the first time, when soldat running in the background.

Make sure you have different ports set in client's and server's configs (if you are running them on the same PC).

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 06:40:26 am »
There are also some changes in server in this release. They're missing from first post's changelog because i've added them in a wrong place in changelog file and Shoozza simply didn't copy them. You can see them in changelog.txt in soldatserver zip file (again though, in wrong place).
Since they seem important-ish, as dominikk is already whining about features that i've actually added, and since Shoozza refused to edit first post to add them, there you go:
Code: [Select]
- Added basic conversion functions to SC3: weap2obj, menu2obj, obj2weap, obj2menu, weap2menu, menu2weap
- Fixed OnWeaponChanged was sometimes called too late
- Fixed added missing vest property to SC3 TPlayer
- Fixed ScriptName in SC3 Legacy mode contained full path instead of just folder name
- Fixed unpredictable OnWeaponChange behavior when calling ForceWeapon from within
- Fixed wrong player coordinates in OnAfterPlayerRespawn (SC3 only)
- Fixed OnWeaponChange event sometimes called with weird weapon parameters

EDIT: Almost forgot, those OnWeaponChange fixes might break your scripts since they mean OWC might be called on different occasions/with different parameters. So whoever has a script that relies heavily on OWC behavior, please test this release. If you find this version to break your script, report it on bugtracker.

The related changes on devs wiki will follow once i find time to get to it. If ever.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:43:34 am by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:56 am »
Just a little feedback:
The darkness around his eyes makes the ghostek have a very distinct look. Maybe it could be soften out just a little bit? (We're not talking big changes here)
It makes him look old like a veteran, and it's a cool look but it's harder to imagine other face-expressions like it was in the blurry old days

Maybe lessen the contrast between his forehead and the eyes? You don't need much difference in color to see thhe outlines
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:51:43 am by homerofgods »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 08:45:29 am »
I concur, I was going to make a more featureless version and try it out, since the classic look is very non-descript. (Though if MM had more pixels to work with, I bet everyone would look like Rambo.)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 11:23:40 am »
Mouse aim x and aim y is bad is player use barrett zoom.

Make sure you have different ports set in client's and server's configs (if you are running them on the same PC).
See film: https://youtu.be/3IMNGqkJ5ls
This issue was previously but in 1.7.0b2, It seems that it was not, now it is again, server sometimes you just can dead... you want to start again, (time to wait... time to wait... )

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 02:02:14 pm »
Since there is a workaround and this was in soldat for years i don't see a reason to fix it now.
It is well known though and depending where we go with the netcode changes after 1.7.1 it might get fixed
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »
Getting better and better. Nice guys!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 12:36:06 pm »
Small graphical issue. The law image hits the edge of the Soldat window. See figure below.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 05:27:07 pm »
DorkeyDear, why using a small resolution?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 08:06:53 pm »
Shoozza, might I remind you of your promise of fixing the illogicality/inconsistency of weapons for "1.6.10".
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44027.msg524637#msg524637

To refresh your memory:
Sniper isn't actually OP in and of itself; I think it's just that bink might be bugged. The rett's bink should make it so any damage taken from any weapon will mess up your shot's accuracy for the next 1.083s; in my experience, the recovery time is much lower than that.
Fix bink = nerf rett.
While you're at it, add bink to the other weapons. See quote:
How about we discuss the fact that no other weapon has bink and how that's completely unrealistic? Every weapon should have bink. I don't care what weapon you're using, if you get shot, you should be temporarily incapacitated. Even if you were to be shot with rubber bullets, you're accuracy is going to temporarily suffer. Granted, weapons with higher velocity/larger shells should incapacitate you more and have a higher bink (if they don't kill you), but it makes absolutely no sense for bink to be zero for any weapon.

Shoozza, here's a bug list before you release 1.6.9:
1. Bink:
1a. Confirm bink doesn't last as long as it should and fix it.
1b. Add bink to all weapons and make bink times go by the weapon that you get attacked by (and NOT the weapon you're holding), with bigger/heavier weapons giving a longer bink.

2. Make start-up times for all weapons equal. See quote:
As for Barrett start-up being too short, you've got to be joking. In real life, a sniper rifle is like any other gun: you pull the trigger, the shot is fired -- no delay. The start-up time should be virtually equal for all guns except guns like the minigun/gatling gun that require time for the multiple barrels to revolve.

3. Remove fire interval when a gun is first picked up. Fire interval should only matter between shots within the same clip. For all weapons, make them reload upon spawning, but not upon picking up if it was dropped while loaded. See quote:
After dropping Barrett, it requires reloading (not true reloading when clip is empty but fire interval, i.e. downtime between shots), even if it was fully loaded in the first place (which I consider a bug, it doesn't make any logical sense that you need to wait the fire interval for any weapon just because you put it down; for other guns it's a lot less than Barrett since time between shots is very short but it still varies greatly because each weapon has a different fire interval; all weapons, providing they have ammo loaded, should either have no delay after picking up or should all have the same delay after picking up, i.e. the time it takes for you to pull the trigger).
Addendum for #3: I realize if fire interval upon pickup is removed, in regards to the Barrett, one could conceivably just shoot, drop the weapon, pick it up, and shoot again. To fix that, make Barrett's clip like M79 or LAW's: one round in the chamber and make the fire interval the reload time.
(If we were to make it realistic, the Barrett's fire interval would be a lot shorter (basically the quarter-second it takes to grip the bolt handle and load the next bullet into the chamber) and the full 10-bullet clip would remain, but that'd be too OP.)

Note: Not asking you to get into WM changes... except for adding bink to all weapons and making it consistent.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:08:40 pm by %%%%%%% »

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 06:21:02 am »
All ok but MovementAcc (-1), Increase Push (+10) is very bad
Ruger It is really a small kinetic energy no change.
MovementAcc is now okay I would a little added.

Offline skrX

• Soldier
  • x ye.
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 06:35:50 am »

some error, when I try to create a dedicated server

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 07:39:40 am »
this update is pretty good, but I think what is more important is what can be done about actually saving the game. We all know this game is dead/dying....

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 07:48:31 am »
https://youtu.be/RT8pi4HgofY
See bullet create lags and bug no recoil.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 12:10:13 am »
I need to turn the mipmapping off because it garbled up the gostex and weapon gfx. Apart from that, everything seem to work fine; better, in fact!  ;)

That aside, I think the weapon gfx are a not as distinctive as before; the colors and shapes of most guns are too much alike. The very image from the front page illustrates this quite well in fact::

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:33:45 am by BKT »
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 01:21:07 am »
 What resolution you on?
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 02:13:57 am »
What resolution you on?

Me? 1366 x 768
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 03:50:09 am »
If we talk about image from first post, its best example of few problems with guns:

One of Deserteagle is hovering in front of gostek hand.
AK and Steyr have buttstock behind gostek hand( its due to wrong scaling and alignment).
And they have the same problem like Spas, that is just a bit too big. Also Spas have too big grip that go behind gostek hand.
And last, Colt that is held by hammer/grip safety.

I know that because of of type of animation/graphic its hard to fit weapons in hand in every gostek position, but those bugs can be fixed by small scaling and alignment.

Also first think that I made in gostek was resizing a bit his legs, because it look like this:

Its not big deal, and most of people dont even see this, but squeezing a bit graphic "noga" and narrowing one side of graphic "udo" make gostek less "cartoon'ish" Even if in some way its style of soldat.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:28 am »
I should probably document a bit how the new gostek alignment can be tweaked. Basically, each sprite from the gostek has an anchor/center point that can be changed through a mod.ini file. This is the file with the default values on beta3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8012562/soldat/mod.ini

This file will be loaded from soldat root directory if present (or from the mod directory).

The anchor coordinates are expressed in values that go from 0 to 1, meaning 0% to 100%. So CenterX=0 means the center point is on the left, CenterX=0.5 in the middle and CenterX=1 on the right. CenterY goes the same way but from top to bottom. You can also go outside the 0..1 bounds if needed. Also note that these coordinates won't necessarily move sprites horizontally or vertically because the center point is also used as the rotation center.

Each sprite is hooked to 2 points from the soldier skeleton. One is used for the position and the other is used to calculate the angle relative to the first point. The center coordinate from mod.ini should always match the main position point.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:55:51 am by PerroAZUL »
urraka