Author Topic: [video] Just another soldat menu  (Read 10741 times)

Offline Name

• Soldier
Re: [video] Just another soldat menu
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 09:38:46 am »
I used to like zitrostats as a stand-alone client for browsing through the statistics on some servers (Leo's Realistic Servers used to have it) although still I always did value certein other things much higher as a teamplayer than the kills and deaths which showed on those stats. Things like protecting flaggers and how quickly you advance are crucial in gamemodes such as CTF and Trenchwars (although not relevant in Deathmatch).

While seeing the value of openly recorded statistics though, I don't think they have to be implemented in the game globally so that all activities of players are being recorded regardless of where and what they play. Certein gamemodes would have no use for it all and it could also be a question of privacy. Some players might prefer to play without always being logged and filed.. and I'm not talking about hackers here.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:06 am »
In terms of privacy I would not care that much about it. For most of time people give their data for free by them self(via social media), so I dont understand all that crying about privacy.
Even when you are not logged in to FB or google, or any other company, they still gather all data they can, because thats how they make money and give you stuff for free.
But in terms of gaming if you are so afraid of statistic, I have no idea how you use steam, or any modern game even without platform like gog or steam. They all gather data from your PC.  Some platforms even record random voice chats to gather average quality and language. Its nothing weird today.

We can deal with it and block most common IPs on router and firewall like Im doing(google ads, MS update etc) or deal with it and ask for keeping something under the rock just for sake of privacy of few people...

That why I would not mid if soldat would gather so simple data like number of kills, bullet count or even how often I kill specific player. Its not like its would destroy your precious privacy, because there is a difference between collecting game data and looking at your files.
its not like it would be pinned to your home address, you would be just random number like ""32hbh2bkfb2b3wbui3b3298dh2"" for this system.

And even if some game modes doesnt need specific statistic... its still statistic. And people love statistic. Look at it in wider perspective. Think about typical average player. This is what they like and you cant ignore it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:49:33 am by Akinaro »

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »
In terms of privacy I would not care that much about it. For most of time people give their data for free by them self(via social media), so I dont understand all that crying about privacy.
Even when you are not logged in to FB or google, or any other company, they still gather all data they can, because thats how they make money and give you stuff for free.
But in terms of gaming if you are so afraid of statistic, I have no idea how you use steam, or any modern game even without platform like gog or steam. They all gather data from your PC.  Some platforms even record random voice chats to gather average quality and language. Its nothing weird today.
So basically.. "We are going to make you burn forever in the flames of hell and there's nothing weird in that cause we just saw your penis being cut off while you were suffocated and had your intestents filled up with glue. We are using a very new kind of glue which has absolutely no reduction whatsoever in your ability to see as it doesn't affect the eyes."

As this is normal everything is fine and I have no need to worry? What if I defined "normal" as tearing your eyes out?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:32:49 pm by Name »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 03:08:35 am »
I would like to know what you talking about...
But beside that I think you mixing lotos of thing here, and you actually have no idea how such statistic system would work.

Offline Control

• Major
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »
Yeah, hopefully devs take this new layout/menu/start-up thing into consideration.

Lots of things they can do.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:12:26 pm by Control »

Offline Mokkun

• Major(1)
  • Zz
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:08 am »
I disagree. Smybols are WAY better, they look better, cost less space and they are easy to distinguish. Text is always worse because you must read it. When it comes to server names or map names, sure there is no other way to use text, but there aren't that many game modes, so you should use symbols. Same goes for Advanced / Realistic / Survival. Those really need symbols. "Yes" or "No" for everything is just bad.
DM, PM, RM, TDM, INF, HTF
6 games modes. "There aren't that many game modes" ?!

I like the icons, but can you imagine unique icons for each game modes? Ok, and how to make newbies learn them? I assume that I would be confused sometimes, lines and lines of servers and 6 white icons. It's way better for design, but in fact I can't see it working better than text.

Yeah I agree, anyway it that example the text "Game Mode" already takes a good amound of space, so having a 1 character wide icon for each mode is kind of pointless

Offline Spi.deY

• Major
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 12:03:44 pm »
If only that kind of menu was in soldat :(

There are really (and for years) talented dudes who can make some huge improvements for that old game.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »
Unfortunately, developers are lazy and reluctant to want to add a new code, The whole menu should be dynamic and not as something without comment.