Author Topic: Holding up/down in mid-air  (Read 2618 times)

Offline BKT

• Major
Holding up/down in mid-air
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:51:01 am »
If you hold left/right in mid-air and then press up or down, your character would continue to 'walk' in mid-air, but without actually accelerating forward or backward.

Would be nice if this is fix— i.e. it should continued going forward/backward.

PS. I wonder if I should post this in the bug forum instead. Oh well...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:55:32 am by BKT »
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
Re: Holding up/down in mid-air
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
You actually have to release the W key, hit and hold direction key and then hold W again, otherwise the legs won't move, what you described it basially the same, but the leg movement doest kick in. The only usage i can think of atm is the possibility to lock a/d+w in mid air without changing the driectin - comes in hadny when you do for example glide jump into wall jump. Can't think of any bigger cons tho - except maybe newbies locking themselves in mid air after their first backflip, oh well, soldat's learning curve is quite steep ^.-

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:44:55 am »
It sometime mess up with the transition from air to ground roll on certain less-than-perfect situations, which I find annoying at times.
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 08:26:45 pm »
There was a function for this which was PERFECT once. When you pushed one button it reacted as if you pushed that button and when you also pressed another one it sort of pushed bothways, which allowed you to load energy for a late backflip. Now it simply ignores one of the buttons you push and it's sort of guessing what you want to do rather than taking your controls as absolutes. This destruction alone is enough cause to remove all changes made after Michal's disappearance. When you no longer control the gostek's movements there is NO REASON to play at all.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:31:25 pm by Name »

Offline Wes

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 06:10:07 pm »
That's really interesting Name, I don't think I was around at that time but makes me try to imagine how that would change the way I play now.