Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.0rc2 release candidate ready for testing!  (Read 17337 times)

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.0rc2 release candidate ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »
I have tried it out, too. I like it more than the default, but the console text and text above players are a bit too small for me, that's why I adjusted "FontConsoleSize" and "FontConsoleSizeSmall" and also sticked with 'Play'. Here is my font.ini if someone is interested:
Code: [Select]
[FONTS]
Font1=Play
Font2=Lucida Console
FontMenuSize=10
FontConsoleSize=7
FontBigSize=30
FontWeaponMenuSize=6
FontConsoleSmallSize=7
Font1ScaleX=125
Font2ScaleX=120
FontMenuBold=1
FontConsoleBold=0
FontBigBold=1
FontWeaponMenuBold=0
FontConsoleSmallBold=0
KillConsoleNameSpace=8
Font1File=play-regular.ttf
Font2File=lucon.ttf

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/8fFHB
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:17:31 pm by CCalp »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »
The new vest looks like shit. It kinda reminds me of a conversation with urraka where he said he can't take a screenshot suitable for release post because all he took are "too depressing". This is a goddamn, shooter with tons of blood, such colors like on that blue box just don't belong here. Now it looks at least like box with some happy clown suit, not vest.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 08:41:36 pm »
Same could be said about grenade and medkits, which are also "bright and colorful" and yet there have never been complaints. Vest was made like that to be consistent with other kits and better visible on the map.

I can try to adjust the color of course so it's more "edgy", but what you're saying seems like a matter of personal taste. It's still valuable feedback, but it's not the kind of feedback I can easily act upon because it's subjective. Making changes based on that may only result in you liking it but someone else disliking it, i.e. it'll achieve nothing.

Either way, I'll try to make some tweaks and find a middle ground.

EDIT: I attached a couple of versions with slightly shifted color (along with original for comparison). Let me know if this is any better.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:50:42 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:47 am »
@L[one]R Both edited versions are better than the current vest. There were just too much contrast.
Personally though I would love to see some kind of wooden war-like box, and you could keep the cartoony logo in the middle.

What do you think FalconPL?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:15:17 am by homerofgods »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 07:35:37 am »
I'm looking at the fucked up characters in polish translation and I think there might be something wrong with the GUI rather than with play font

Here you can see it looks on in the tooltips (asuming it uses play font) And it looks ok ingame too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:40:34 am by homerofgods »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 08:12:35 am »
Shoozza I thought we would use play for both Font1= and Font2=
Lucida is also not a free font you know...

Here is a polish comparison, I think it looks better when using play for both, what do you guys think?
http://i.imgur.com/K3T6wBz.gif

<monsteri> doesnt look as good as what illu did
<evhO> This is just a comparison of Play vs Lucida. I will show you how I would want the game to look ok? (Font1=Play Font2=Play + Fixed .ini file) <--I will post it in forums when I'm done.

I will mess around with .ini file to make the fonts look smaller and neater, but I should know if we will use lucida or not.

I apologize to the comunity that I didn not do this sooner and therefor delaying the release. I will have to make it up to you somehow
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:22:59 am by homerofgods »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 08:31:43 am »
F12 for play+play

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 09:45:19 am »
Gtg to work now. I have started messing withh .ini file for play+play. I wanna see if I come to the same conclution as illu :)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:55 am »
Play+play!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:45 am »
Same could be said about grenade and medkits, which are also "bright and colorful" and yet there have never been complaints. Vest was made like that to be consistent with other kits and better visible on the map.

I can try to adjust the color of course so it's more "edgy", but what you're saying seems like a matter of personal taste. It's still valuable feedback, but it's not the kind of feedback I can easily act upon because it's subjective. Making changes based on that may only result in you liking it but someone else disliking it, i.e. it'll achieve nothing.

EDIT: I attached a couple of versions with slightly shifted color (along with original for comparison). Let me know if this is any better.
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  If you want to  futuristic soldat make yourself mod!

I remember to start work on a rewrite soldatserver!

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 10:24:00 am »

I agree that this is a very subjective opinion, and if you don't get much of these, there's not much to bother about. After all, if I can't live with this, I can always install some mod.
As for the changes, the blue background looks much better, but the vest itself feels just wrong. I think I'd like it better if it looked more like some kind of an armor, not a modern vest. This looks too much like some mechanic's suit.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 11:42:57 am »
[...] This looks too much like some mechanic's suit.

My first though: wall plug...

Or taser... yes, more like tip of a taser
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:45:21 am by Akinaro »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 12:01:50 pm »
I agree that this is a very subjective opinion, and if you don't get much of these, there's not much to bother about. After all, if I can't live with this, I can always install some mod.
As for the changes, the blue background looks much better, but the vest itself feels just wrong. I think I'd like it better if it looked more like some kind of an armor, not a modern vest. This looks too much like some mechanic's suit.

So far it seems that at least the color was an improvement. I'll try to commit one of them before final release if Shoozza doesn't mind, and change the symbol to something different/more recognizable for the next release. Also what do you say about a shield icon instead of vest or armor?

Offline Home

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2016, 01:49:04 pm »

So far it seems that at least the color was an improvement. I'll try to commit one of them before final release if Shoozza doesn't mind, and change the symbol to something different/more recognizable for the next release. Also what do you say about a shield icon instead of vest or armor?
Good idea. Shield should be more obvious.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:49 pm »
Also what do you say about a shield icon instead of vest or armor?
Good idea. Shield should be more obvious.
No, shield is bad.

Shooting game = Shooters =/= Shooting while holding a shield
Shooting game = Shooters = Shooting while wearing armor.

I don't care if it's a kevlar vest or a steel plate, but IMO it needs to be armor and not a shield, and so does the icon.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »
Also what do you say about a shield icon instead of vest or armor?

Yes, definitely a good idea!
- Andrew Lewis

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 03:24:46 am »
I have some old icons that I made for graphic mod that I stopped doing(realistic dark)

Maybe you could make something like that? Modern vest that look a bit like armor.

PS. yes I know that technically nade graphic is actual fragmentation grenade and cluster grenade is... normal hand grenade -_-

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2016, 10:42:06 pm »
I have some old icons that I made for graphic mod that I stopped doing(realistic dark)

Maybe you could make something like that? Modern vest that look a bit like armor.

PS. yes I know that technically nade graphic is actual fragmentation grenade and cluster grenade is... normal hand grenade -_-
F12

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 03:59:41 am »
Akinaro as usual excellent, but a little discouraged me, this white ring. And improve the cluster granade, remember that this frag grenades

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »
Akinaro as usual excellent, but a little discouraged me, this white ring.
The white ring is the pin on the grenade.