Author Topic: Starving Gostek  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Starving Gostek
« on: January 31, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »
I really like new gostek but I was terrifying how fat he get in new version, so I spend few hours with him at the gym... :]

But seriously some people actually dont like new gostek, its nothing technical, its just different taste.
Most of them would like to go back to old gostek, but I found out that its a bit hard to fit every part of it, but still I put in attachment, zip with old gostek(in zip there is fixed version of boots that are not shifted to left side)

It was probably hard to make bigger res graphic from small ones and still be limited to old skeleton of gostek, but I think for most of people its really good work. For others, I just prepared small mod that its not perfect(remember that part) but can be nice replacement for default.

I edited a bit mod.ini to fit new graphic but on res bigger than 1080 you probably gonna find some bugs... I just didnt had mood to play with res and check how it would look on 4k. If something need more than 5 hours of work and its free work, im out... sorry. :/
But still I think starving gostek on diet should not contain any major bugs...

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Re: Starving Gostek
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »
Yeah, he has huge ass and legs. I was going to fix them but I accidentally pasted stuff over from the wrong folder, and erased the files in the process, cba'd then.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »
Hehe. I have weird but usefull habit of creating backup of everything everytime ;D
But you could always send request to NSA to send you those files. I think 4chan send them emails with such request :D

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 03:48:49 pm »
Devs, add this to 1.7 before release please.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »
New proportions are certainly more realistic, but I feel the soldier lost some of its cartoony style. Of course like you said it's a matter of taste, and the skinnier soldier has its own charm, but as default I would prefer the current proportions.

I love the new hands, though one of them looks wrong since it uses the same graphic for both hands. I'll gladly take them over current ones as soon as separate graphicsfor left/right hand are supported. Shoulders connect to the body much smoother, which is another plus. The fix for the boots is nice, something we can probably adapt in the next version.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:08:18 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Puure

• Major
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:14:14 am »
Thank god!! old gostek <3 <3 GJ :)

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:38:59 am »
Starving is very GJ, THX Akinaro :)

but I feel the soldier lost some of its cartoony style.

No cartoonish, GOD NO.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »
Dreadlocks resemble regular curly hair fix it and we will be the best :)