Soldat Talk > General Discussions

#Soldat Gather - Soldat Matchmaking (EU / SA / NA / AUS) on Discord

<< < (3/7) > >>

darDar:

--- Quote from: CCalp on February 15, 2016, 04:57:36 am ---What's unfortunate about the auth system is that new users won't be able to join the channel with simple webchat anymore. So it might in fact prevent new users from joining.
Do auths really provide a better way of banning people than we have now? As ginn said, they can still create new auths, and then you will have to rely on IPs just as you do know.

--- End quote ---

Auth is only required to add. You can still join the channel without auth. It doesn't prevent new players from participating as I made bots pm you whenever you type !add, that auth is required.
The bots ban System does not work without users being authed as we would have to ban the player from the Channel. There are also a few other things which don't work without the auth system disabled.

zakath:

--- Quote from: darDar on February 07, 2016, 12:52:29 pm ---Fixed an issue where realistic gathers would not work as the soldatserver can't handle that many commands sent at once to configure the server. Thanks to Falcon for providing a fixed soldatserver.

--- Quote from: zakath on February 05, 2016, 03:28:01 am ---My vision(when I wrote the gatherbot and added !add+) was that voiced gathers was basically ppl that didn't dick around as well as that it was actually "voiced" ie ppl got a link to a channel on teamspeak for their team along with the soldat clicker, allowing for better teamwork.

Just my 2 cents.

--- End quote ---
there is no option to add voice information for voice-chat tools though -

--- End quote ---
of course there is(at least if you use my bot), this is an example from the now defunct mapping gather for configuring it to give out teamspeak urls for each team:
SERVER mapping.soldatcustom.com 25073 blabla teamspeak://server.soldatcustom.com?password=slutet?channel=mapping?channelpassword=mapski?subchannel=CTFA?nickname=%nick teamspeak://server.soldatcustom.com?password=slutet?channel=mapping?channelpassword=mapski?subchannel=CTFB?nickname=%nick

CCalp:
Thread stickied.
Therefore removed the old Soldat.Gather topic from stickies.

BTW you might think about linking to gather gameplay tutorial in your first post for the lazy ones.

darDar:
added server support for south-america (chilean server) ; thanks to urraka and his friends.
The command to add to that specific server is '!addsa'.

darDar:

--- Quote from: CCalp on February 04, 2016, 10:22:51 am ---
BTW:

<3
(happened yesterday)

--- End quote ---

4 EU gathers being played at the same time right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version