Author Topic: #Soldat Gather - Soldat Matchmaking (EU / SA / NA / AUS) on Discord  (Read 24066 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
#Soldat Gather
Official Soldat Gather Matchmaking Service
Soldat Server Locations

#Soldat Gather is a community on Discord, on which competitive Soldat Multiplayer matches are being organized. These matches are called gathers. Gathers are similar to what you might know from games such as 'CS:GO' or services like 'FACEIT' as matchmaking. Players can add themselves to a Soldat gather queue by typing e.g. '!add' as a command message on our #gather channel on Discord. Find a list of commands below.

The preferably played gamemode on our gather is 'Capture the Flag'. Six players are needed to start a default gather, as the match is played 3 vs. 3 in CTF gamemode. Our Matchmaking Bot will send you a personal message, containing the servers IP/Port and password, once six players added to the gather queue.

Team Alpha (Red) picks the first map. Team Bravo (Blue) picks the second map. The winning team will be determined in a best of three (bo3) maps format. If one of both maps was either a tie or if each team has won a map, there will be a 3rd map (tiebreaker map "tb") to determine the winner.

Click here to join #gather on Soldat's official Discord Server!  [Bravoguy]

1. Join us on Discord on the #gather channel
2.Send !add on the #gather channel as a command message You can view the current queues by typing !status or !info.
3.Stay patient until the gather is full (6 players need to add)
4. Our Matchmaking Bot will send you a personal message, containing the servers IP/Port and password, once six players added to the gather queue.
5. Open Soldat and join the server
6. Team Alpha (Red) picks the first map. Team Bravo (Blue) picks the second map. The winning team will be determined in a best of three (bo3) maps format. If one of both maps was either a tie or if each team has won a map, there will be a 3rd map (tiebreaker map "tb") to determine the winner.

You can interact with our gather bot by sending commands on the #gather channel.
Click here for a full list of commands.

Checklist...
- Have the proper Soldat version (1.7.1) installed (Download).
- Players are expected to keep a level of seriousness in their attitude toward competition.
- To ensure the quality of each game, provide your team with info by using taunts or the radio-chat. However, do not spam taunts.
- Make sure that Soldat runs without any issues. This includes having a good latency (ping), your hardware running fine and includes any other problem which could hinder you from participating in the gather.
- Join the soldatserver and be ready to play within 3 minutes after the gather has been filled.
- Read annd follow the rules before you add!  Gather & Discord Rules

Gather Settings:

- client/server version: latest = 1.7.1 (with 1.8 beta weapons mod)
- Respawn Time: 3-5 seconds
- Bonus Kits: Off

#Soldat Gather maplist (/):

Code: [Select]
TBA
Servers: 18
Server Regions (Europe / South-America / North-America / Australia)

Staff:           
- darDar (de)
- Fryer (se)
- nosejj (il)
- BLOB (us)
- XvayS (ukr)
- jrgp (us)
- Furai  (pl)
- D4sh  (us)
- Kaimelar (hu)
- Haste  (be)
- shredder  (tr)
- ShioN  (tr)

Special Credits:
- jrgp hosting support
- Fryer (former head of #Gather.EU, author of website template, bot extensions)
- XvayS author of the activity parser, author of the Discord Gather Bot
- zakath author of the old IRC bot
- Furai (domain & backend)
- helloer (misc. help & hosting support)
- Mayhem logo
- all the soldat players who keep this place active
- all former admins and contributors

History...
Our matchmaking community was earlier known as #Soldat and #Gather.EU on the IRC QuakeNet network.
#Gather.EU was initially found in 2010 and could immediately grow to the most active gather channel.
#Gather.EU did only provide EU servers in it's beginning but was later on extended to support other server regions as well.
#Gather.EU moved to the official #Soldat channel on 16.04.2016 (on IRC QuakeNet).
#Soldat migrated from IRC to Discord on the 16th of October 2017.

2017 - 2018 Gather Stats:

Type           Count         Description
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gather          5.556 (normal 3v3 gather, bot will randomize according to gather level)
Captains        2.852 (3v3 gather, captain will chose team players)
Sub              1.588 (substitutes e.g. for missing players, disconnected player
Captains+      753   (3v3 captain gather, restricted to level 4,5 & 6 players ("voiced").
Gather+         649   (3v3 normal gather, restricted to level 4,5 & 6 players ("voiced").
ClanWar         225   (servers picked for clanwars)
KO.Gather      69     (knife only gather)
WM.Gather     64     (custom WM gather)
Sub+             44     (substitutes for gather plus)
RND.Gather    30     (100% random teams)
R.Gather        17     (Realistic mode gather)
OS.Gather      14     (OneShot gather)
Gather++        9     (normal gather, restricted to level 6 players only.
RND.Gather+   5     (100 % random teams, restricted to level 4,5 & 6 players.)

-------------------
Total       11.875   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:18:06 pm by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Re: #Gather.EU - Soldat Matchmaking (EU / NA / AUS)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:22:51 am »
Nice! It's good to see this project growing.
What about relaunching +gathers (voice only)? If so, you should think about how you want to allot voice to players. You might use a system like there used to be 5 years ago: Arranging a special 3v3 game on like every 2nd Sunday where people can apply for and then prove there skills while a few admins/voice players spectate and give away voice to everyone who deserves it afterwards. Would love to see this start rolling again :3

BTW:

<3
(happened yesterday)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:36 pm »
We might rework the whole system of Gather.EU including the voice system. I never liked the 'kane' system where admins would spectate a gather of players demanding voice. It has always been unreliable as you would need at least 1 spectator to only view a certain player. To have a fair vote you would need 3 spectators to vote yes/no on a certain player, which would result in 18 specs. That's nothing which is going to happen and me and Usso can't judge 6 different players at once by spectating.

Activity and the player's behaviour will for sure be taken into account a lot. Can't say much about the other factors now.

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:28:01 am »
My vision(when I wrote the gatherbot and added !add+) was that voiced gathers was basically ppl that didn't dick around as well as that it was actually "voiced" ie ppl got a link to a channel on teamspeak for their team along with the soldat clicker, allowing for better teamwork.

Just my 2 cents.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »
Fixed an issue where realistic gathers would not work as the soldatserver can't handle that many commands sent at once to configure the server. Thanks to Falcon for providing a fixed soldatserver.

My vision(when I wrote the gatherbot and added !add+) was that voiced gathers was basically ppl that didn't dick around as well as that it was actually "voiced" ie ppl got a link to a channel on teamspeak for their team along with the soldat clicker, allowing for better teamwork.

Just my 2 cents.
there is no option to add voice information for voice-chat tools though -

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:27:19 pm by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:19 pm »
A few big changes were made in the last few days.

We got a new host which will now make sure that #Gather.EU has large resources to host high quality servers for and a wider support for other locations!

Big thanks to:

-> jrgp (gshost.us) <-

for hosting servers in EU / NA and AUS and  for the incredible support and all the great help he did provide in the whole process of migrating to the new host. Even though I haven't ever been a heart-warming person towards him, he still didn't hesitate a second to help us.
Having him as a host will assure that #Gather.EU has a bright future and that we can keep this service online.

Also, big thanks to Furai who did liaise with Joe and also for him doing several things setting up machines, fixing codes, getting us a new domain and much more.
Both of them did now also join the admin team.

Adding back the Auth-System.

What's the 'Auth-System'?
QuakeNet has a nick registration system, which is needed for different purposes. On Gather.EU it is now needed to use our services.

Why did you add it back?
We decided to get rid off it to make it easier for new people to join and play but with growing activity, it'll be important to have a ban-system, which does not work without the players being authed.

Tutorial about how to get authed: here (this takes less than one minute and is pretty easy)

Gather Activity visualized.

Big thanks to SyavX who wrote a parser for our gather log! We can now visualize the gather activity into a neat diagram. I'll probably make a 'montly activity report'.

Future Goals:

- providing high quality servers for all kind of locations [done]
- re-introducing the ban-point system [done]
- re-introducing voiced gathers [done]
- events
- & more.

I'll soon make a post about how the newly introduced ban-system will work.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:21:40 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 10:55:34 pm »
Just remove the auth system, it's more of an inconvenience.
It may have been a big help when there were like 250 players in the gather channels, but now there's like 50... Even then, the admins had to check the new auths with ip addresses to make sure nobody banevaded, the only thing the auths did was to give a clue as to when this player started playing again.

You'll probably not need to ban anyone, so it doesn't matter. There aren't any new players in the gather channel anyway, and this auth system might just prevent new players from joining.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 11:49:33 pm »
Fun to see the whole soldat community in one place.
How many players are there now, 10?
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:35 am »
Fun to see the whole soldat community in one place.
How many players are there now, 10?

There are 60-90 users in the channel usually at the same time and we have ~ 140 active players. (Active = being active in the last 30 days and having played at least 15 rounds)

We're doing well  [fist]

gather.soldat.pl

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 04:57:36 am »
What's unfortunate about the auth system is that new users won't be able to join the channel with simple webchat anymore. So it might in fact prevent new users from joining.
Do auths really provide a better way of banning people than we have now? As ginn said, they can still create new auths, and then you will have to rely on IPs just as you do know.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 05:22:11 am »
What's unfortunate about the auth system is that new users won't be able to join the channel with simple webchat anymore. So it might in fact prevent new users from joining.
Do auths really provide a better way of banning people than we have now? As ginn said, they can still create new auths, and then you will have to rely on IPs just as you do know.

Auth is only required to add. You can still join the channel without auth. It doesn't prevent new players from participating as I made bots pm you whenever you type !add, that auth is required.
The bots ban System does not work without users being authed as we would have to ban the player from the Channel. There are also a few other things which don't work without the auth system disabled.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:25:50 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 07:10:04 am »
Fixed an issue where realistic gathers would not work as the soldatserver can't handle that many commands sent at once to configure the server. Thanks to Falcon for providing a fixed soldatserver.

Just my 2 cents.
there is no option to add voice information for voice-chat tools though -

of course there is(at least if you use my bot), this is an example from the now defunct mapping gather for configuring it to give out teamspeak urls for each team:
SERVER mapping.soldatcustom.com 25073 blabla teamspeak://server.soldatcustom.com?password=slutet?channel=mapping?channelpassword=mapski?subchannel=CTFA?nickname=%nick teamspeak://server.soldatcustom.com?password=slutet?channel=mapping?channelpassword=mapski?subchannel=CTFB?nickname=%nick

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »
Thread stickied.
Therefore removed the old Soldat.Gather topic from stickies.

BTW you might think about linking to gather gameplay tutorial in your first post for the lazy ones.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:35:14 pm by CCalp »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »
added server support for south-america (chilean server) ; thanks to urraka and his friends.
The command to add to that specific server is '!addsa'.

gather.soldat.pl

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 03:33:05 pm »

BTW:

<3
(happened yesterday)

4 EU gathers being played at the same time right now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:35:32 pm by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: #Gather.EU - Soldat Matchmaking (EU / NA / SA / AUS)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
This seems to be the only gather IRC channel remaining, isn't? #soldat.ladder, #lrs and #soldat.realistic died unfortunately but there still people stucked on those channels. I'd really like if some players moved to this channel so we could play some Realistic CTF ;)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 06:38:07 pm »
We hit 61 gathers this day  [fist] [Bravoguy]

gather.soldat.pl

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »
Is realistic fixed already? D:

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:34 am »
We hit 61 gathers this day  [fist] [Bravoguy]

Yeah, well.. gather.eu did a really good job at bringing activity to the fading community. Yesterday i saw 102 idlers and that looked pretty promising to me in the beginning, but then i asked myself is it really something we were hoping for? And now if we didn't get what we were hoping for, how can we expect to? Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't enjoy the sounds of the overall freshness but can we really be satisfied of what's been happening lately there? We want this game to stand on its own two feet! Paradoxically gathers make it more difficult and complicate for the playerbase to develop and expand because of how fast new potential public players would come across a wall of whine, insults regarding how bad they played, and a competition that they can't beat. Gathers are very good for the experienced players, but its bad for the newcomers right now due to skills gap being too far apart between high and low skilled players. It's like a player from the lowest division in CS GO played some guy from the omega top(or whatever one might want to call this division - i don't know the names, i dont play cs go). Low skilled players are being discouraged on a daily basis by how absurdly fast experienced players are playing. For the younger generation and worse players it just seems utterly impossible and completely pointless to try and keep up with the gather competition. In a time of huge change, we need to think about the future as clearly as possible. We would have to have some tweaks or a different solution than gathers to actually make this game somewhat alive again because the current situation is just temporary - it'll not last long. But then again its about whether someone is interested in the extra work. If gathers could somehow be built into soldat? (looking at the devs) that would be cool as hell and that would make sense because then we would be able to split it into few divisions like in CS GO for instance, and that would make soldat grow as a game. It's doable.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 11:16:12 am »
Yeah, well.. gather.eu did a really good job at bringing activity to the fading community. Yesterday i saw 102 idlers and that looked pretty promising to me in the beginning, but then i asked myself is it really something we were hoping for? And now if we didn't get what we were hoping for, how can we expect to? Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't enjoy the sounds of the overall freshness but can we really be satisfied of what's been happening lately there? We want this game to stand on its own two feet! Paradoxically gathers make it more difficult and complicate for the playerbase to develop and expand because of how fast new potential public players would come across a wall of whine, insults regarding how bad they played, and a competition that they can't beat. Gathers are very good for the experienced players, but its bad for the newcomers right now due to skills gap being too far apart between high and low skilled players. It's like a player from the lowest division in CS GO played some guy from the omega top(or whatever one might want to call this division - i don't know the names, i dont play cs go). Low skilled players are being discouraged on a daily basis by how absurdly fast experienced players are playing. For the younger generation and worse players it just seems utterly impossible and completely pointless to try and keep up with the gather competition. In a time of huge change, we need to think about the future as clearly as possible. We would have to have some tweaks or a different solution than gathers to actually make this game somewhat alive again because the current situation is just temporary - it'll not last long. But then again its about whether someone is interested in the extra work. If gathers could somehow be built into soldat? (looking at the devs) that would be cool as hell and that would make sense because then we would be able to split it into few divisions like in CS GO for instance, and that would make soldat grow as a game. It's doable.
Exactly what I've always thought about gathers via IRC; they're too separated from the game itself. It would be far better to have them incorporated into the client somehow.

Kind of off-topic, though.