Author Topic: Planning of making WW2 mod..  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Stitnenger

• Major(1)
Planning of making WW2 mod..
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:42:02 pm »
Yu readed right. I found that I could easily made pretty working WW2 stylish mod - actually I include only sounds, custom weapon txtures and their power customs etc.

List of weapons will be changed to:

USP - Luger
Deagle - double 1911's
MP5 - MP40
AK - STG44
AUG - Thompson
SPAS - Trench gun
ruger - Kar98k
m79 - grenade thrower?
Barret - Kar98K Sniper
m249 - FG42
m134 - MG42
m72 - bazooka
but what about those chainsaws and other trash?

How those machine guns will be ruling then? Yep, we need to add magazine capacity, rpm and power for single shots(I tested its just a crap with example 34damage and 20rps firespeed..) so I ruled that if you want to hit anywhere with it, you must stand in your position - so its not assault rifle, bullets will go to skies if you take even a step(movementaccuracy: -99). Kar's, the barret one is just powerful enough for OSOK but it has lower firing speed(you need to aim if you want to hit - like), reloading times are same.

naturally all sounds which are wise to change are changed.

If anyone is interested I will continue making it seriously, now its just for my own fun and use.

Date Posted: August 26, 2006, 04:57:37 PM
I could now release beta version but dont know where to upload?

Offline Meep.

• Camper
Re: Planning of making WW2 mod..
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 05:47:10 pm »

Date Posted: August 26, 2006, 04:57:37 PM
I could now release beta version but dont know where to upload?

http://zenixstudios.com

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:44:35 am »
M79 Could be a mortar. As i did in mine WW2 mod. (it pwns, but i lost it).
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:47:27 am »
Make the M79 a PIAT, as thats the closest thing to it.

For a little variety, and because I've wached Enemy At the Gates too many times, how about making the Barrett a Mosin Nagant sniper. Or do you want to keep it as just western front weapons?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 07:56:37 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 07:54:18 am »
This sounds good. Lets hope it ain't some what the same as other upcoming WW2 mods  :-\

An idea...instead of using Thompson's and mp40's? why not go for something different like Russian weapons, or maby made in Japan? Perhaps even some Italian weapons, Just something rather than the usual most common WW2 shooters?

-Viper

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:15:59 am »
In WW2, some germans would carry long sticks with an exlosive at the end.  They'd use em against tanks.  You could use that as a chainsaw, assuming you intend to modify the weapons.ini file.  I just don't remember what they called the blasted things.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 10:14:07 am »
Ah yes...I've seen them on Medal of Honor , Rising sun. Fall of the Phillipines i think the level is called.

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline reddragon6699556

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:51:19 am »
waht aobut the standard issue? the m1 garand? your thomson was ony for corplra and up. all the prvates (and there where a lot of privates) had garands.
genuses, wich i is one of am.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 01:07:17 pm »
The problem is that the M1 couldn't be reloaded, but it would still make a decent Ruger.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline Field Marshal

• Soldier
  • Generalfeldmarschall
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 06:13:11 pm »
The problem is that the M1 couldn't be reloaded, but it would still make a decent Ruger.

The m1 could be reloaded, it was just so tedious that most people just fired off the extra rounds rather than take out the old ammo. One of the downfalls

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:12:31 pm »
In WW2, some germans would carry long sticks with an exlosive at the end. They'd use em against tanks. You could use that as a chainsaw, assuming you intend to modify the weapons.ini file. I just don't remember what they called the blasted things.

If you mean the German stick grenade, that's the Stielhandgranate 24. The anti-tank version is the 'Geballte Ladung', although I'm not sure if that was its official name, because it was simply a normal stick grenade with 6 extra charges attached.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline reddragon6699556

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 08:29:51 pm »
regardless of the reload, you cant jsut ignore 'the rifle that won the war' the garand is one of the most historically significant rilfes ever. probably second only to the first ones.
genuses, wich i is one of am.

Offline Wasicsko

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 11:27:53 pm »
Also, I'd switch the MP5 and Spas choices... actual i'd make the Thompson the MP5, the MP40 the AK, and the STG the Steyr aug.. the match up better that way, IMO.
(+) Wasco on LRS

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 06:48:53 am »
In WW2, some germans would carry long sticks with an exlosive at the end. They'd use em against tanks. You could use that as a chainsaw, assuming you intend to modify the weapons.ini file. I just don't remember what they called the blasted things.

If you mean the German stick grenade, that's the Stielhandgranate 24. The anti-tank version is the 'Geballte Ladung', although I'm not sure if that was its official name, because it was simply a normal stick grenade with 6 extra charges attached.

Sorry, but that's not what I was talking about.  It was literally an anti-tank charge on a really long stick that you ran at tanks with.

Offline Mr Killer

• Soldier
  • Grape Shop.
    • RFL's mods
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 10:40:29 am »
Make STEN MKII it was one of the best WWII weapons. Make an STG44 as AK and MP40 as Steyr.