Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > Mapping Ideas / General Discussions

Daybreak_R

(1/3) > >>

Akinaro:

CCalp:

--- Quote from: Akinaro on March 02, 2016, 07:23:09 am ---So because of that two problems map, like most of them, is here just to look pretty and smile for one week before people forget about it :D

--- End quote ---

No offense, but what else do you expect with statements like:

--- Quote from: Akinaro on February 27, 2016, 03:42:55 am ---A. Those maps are not made to be default in any way
B. This method is not perfect, and even if you could adapt it to full 4k its still not that great.
C. Those maps are not polished at all just like they not optimized, if you would making map to be default it would be made in different way ant they would just look different.

--- End quote ---

I mean, why bother remaking default maps if you don't aim for replacing them at all? Why would people actually care about your maps for longer than a few days if you always state that this is just a test, needs tweaks and fixing and/or is not going to be developed any further?

CCalp:
Being someone who has never made any Soldat map, I always have the same question in my mind when I see your map posts: "Apparently the map is finished for >90%, so why did he decide to publish it now knowing that the whole effort he put in this map will never be used since the map won't be finished anyway INSTEAD of spending a bit more time in order to finish the remaining 10% of the map and thus creating a fully finished map which will eventually be used in the one or the other way, actually giving something back to the map maker?"

So, I am really not trying to discourage you from remaking Soldat maps. On the contrary, I have tried to encourage you to finish your remakes so they can actually be used.

I totally got that this is just a hobby and fun for you, but do you really prefer posting a great, almost finished map every week knowing that "people forget about it in a week" instead of being honoured as good map maker by seeing your remakes included as default maps in next Soldat release?

--- Quote from: Akinaro on March 02, 2016, 08:33:29 am ---Because the same I can say about custom interfaces or gostek... why people care to make them if maybe 2-5 people would use it?

--- End quote ---
I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't release an interface or a mod which is not finished yet, since then NOBODY would use it. Instead I finish my mods so at least "2-5 people" find them useful :)

duz:

--- Quote from: Akinaro on March 02, 2016, 09:07:01 am ---And you seriously dont get how Soldat Map Team work, because it doesnt work at all, and even if you would have here post after post saying "this should be default" its not gonna be default. Go back to post from 2007-2014 and count how many maps and ideas where here that dont need any changes in game it self and people like them a lot.
--- End quote ---
The problem is that you think you're 101% right, all the time. The size is a real problem. If you have a 1TB internet connection and don't bother downloading a game with 2GB, ok. But Soldat is not that game.
You can be an awesome map maker, but you're terrible when you don't get the arguments against the size of these textures etc.

If you can't sacrifice some visuals in favor of it, stop asking them to act different. Is clear that this is an established situation.
I've tried to be at your side, but it's so hard. There's no perfect world for everyone.

Spi.deY:
I really like your work, there are some awesome colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version