Author Topic: Black Screen using Soldat 1.7 via Wine/Macbook  (Read 4115 times)

Offline dezerteuR

• Major(1)
Black Screen using Soldat 1.7 via Wine/Macbook
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:25 pm »
Hey all,

I'm desperately looking for a solution for the following problem:

I installed soldat via Wine on my macbook pro (it fulfills all requirements, no worries). Everything went well, until the moment I wanted to start the game:

First of all, the soldat advertisement opened. After clicking on "OK", the normal Soldat window opened with the options to add Profiles, quit the game, etc... But like half a second later, the Wine/Soldat window went blackscreen, and didn't change ever since until I forced the  closure of the window/program.

I'm a complete Computer and Technology noob, which means, if anybody has got a solution which I'm hoping for, I need to get explained everything into detail, if possible.

inb4 Bootcamp

Please help me, I'd love to get back to Soldat and participate in SCTFL :)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Black Screen using Soldat 1.7 via Wine/Macbook
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:50:47 pm »
This happens to me too on my macbook air. I think it's a bug with wine on osx as 1.7 works fine under linux wine.

You could consider a full screen linux or windows VM and run 1.7 under that. I used to do that with older versions of soldat.
There are other worlds than these

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 02:38:10 am »
I think aveh used to play Soldat fine on a windows VM through Parallels. Though don't think parallels is free, probably jrgp or shoozza can suggest some software for this?
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline dezerteuR

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 03:30:41 am »
Well some days ago, I had Wine and Soldat installed through WineBottler, which worked pretty fine. The only Problem was that I had to switch from the Soldat window to any other Fullscreen Window via three finger gesture to see actions I've taken in the menu section displayed. Plus I couldn't change keys for e.g. Grenades.

But once I was in game, I could play and everything worked well!

Regarding the fact that Keychanging didnt work, I deinstalled everything and reinstalled all, but this time via Homebrew. The result: look @my post above

I hope this information was a but helpful lol

Anyways, I'm not really willing to buy Parallels, so it'd be nice if somebody could find a simple Trick/Solution behind my problem

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 10:49:45 am »
Anyways, I'm not really willing to buy Parallels, so it'd be nice if somebody could find a simple Trick/Solution behind my problem

(link removed)

Welks :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:37:15 am by jrgp »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 11:18:43 am »

(link removed)

Welks :)

Hahaha... xD

You could just give him link for Windows7 or windows10 iso xD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:37:26 am by jrgp »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 11:31:53 am »
Regarding the fact that Keychanging didnt work, I deinstalled everything and reinstalled all, but this time via Homebrew. The result: look @my post above
You can change them manually from the soldat.ini file if you didn't know. About Mac + Soldat: https://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html you can mange your wine version in this tools config and it worked great for me on Linux. You might try your luck changing to some older / newer wine version with that tool.
If that however does not work, try Paralleles.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |